***OFFICIAL CLEVELAND STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It's early but demir looks Brock Stull caliber.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Wow... Alihan Demir just aint it. Doesn't take but one half of watching to realize he is going to be a non-factor for this team this year.

Agree with this. Of course, Springs took a few games to come on, but I’m not expecting a ton out of Demir. Only way I see it, is if we continue this rate of 3 pt attempts and he is some version of a stretch 4.

Gabe, Willis and Carr can all shoot it at a high level. Carr least consistent, but streaky. Heads up play to draw a cheap foul at the end of the half. Got his team 2 points by being aware

Davison might be screwed with this new flopping rule.

I watch the games and on TV and listen to the radio broadcast on a delay to match the TV. The radio broadcast said this about Wisconsin in general already tonight lol

Agree with this. Of course, Springs took a few games to come on, but I’m not expecting a ton out of Demir. Only way I see it, is if we continue this rate of 3 pt attempts and he is some version of a stretch 4.
I know Big Ten play is different but you don't score 15 ppg in Division 1 basketball without any talent. Give him some time, he has skill.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

According to the radio broadcast, we are on pace tonight to break the all time record for 3 point attempts in a game. Of course, if we keep a sizable lead, I realize that pace should slow down in the second half. Should be at least a fun/fast team to watch this year!

I know Big Ten play is different but you don't score 15 ppg in Division 1 basketball without any talent. Give him some time, he has skill.

That’s a good point. I hope you’re right! I’m just a little concerned on the defensive end. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not screaming at the TV over here yet. Just have some doubts.

Michigan grinding a single digit win against App State.

How can B1G Network justify charging money for this broadcast? No replays, bad commentating, bad camera work, etc. If you're going to let students run the show at least make it free to watch

How can B1G Network justify charging money for this broadcast? No replays, bad commentating, bad camera work, etc. If your going to let students run the show at least make it free to watch

You'd think they could make more money getting 5K viewers and sell a couple adds versus 500 viewers paying $2-3.

Same exact thing was said about Brock Stull. Not all of Division 1 is created equal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Same exact thing was said about Brock Stull. Not all of Division 1 is created equal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've seen enough to say he's at least modestly better than Stull. He's at least a taller version.

I am loving the offense, they are getting open looks at will. Up by 32 and they aren’t playing at peak. Freshman Tre Williams looks very good for his first game, he is going to give solid minutes. Plus the Defense is solid, for the first game very solid.

OK. Carr goes down hard. Get the starters out.

Pitino playing NET like a game of chess.

Willis' stat line: 17 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds. Not even surprised. We've heard numerous times this off-season that he has improved significantly during his transfer year.

Willis' stat line: 17 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds. Not even surprised. We've heard numerous times this off-season that he has improved significantly during his transfer year.

A really solid player, not surprised either after learning more about him during off season. So far has been consistently most efficient player, always doing the right things and just ends up with stats at the end of the game.

No Freeman tonight. That feels like a redshirt move to me. I would guess that is the deal unless we have an injury. I was really concerned about this team after the exhibition but tonight was far better. Really solid defensive position and team defense and I really like that we moved the ball quickly without a bunch of dribbling around. This will be a tough team to zone against with the shooters and the ability of Oturu to hit the face up 8-10 footer in the middle. I am starting to warm back up to this team. It would be a big, big help if Ihnen can give them some athleticism and shooting at the 4 spot.

Last edited:

This is going to be a way different team than last year. More shooters, better offensive action, multiple ball handlers, better on ball defense. A lot less standing around watching Murphy work.

I’m excited for this team. Yes, there are flaws. But they’ll win some big games.

I dream of an all-freshman Ihnen hitting threes from the PF spot with Carr, Willis, Gabe and Oturu. That would be a REALLY fun bunch to watch. Of course, he may have no clue as a freshman, but I can dream...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, we never dominated a team last year like we did tonight. Losing great players does not guarantee a worse team. Instead, we have a very different team with different strengths and weaknesses. They'll be fun to watch this season and we'll learn a lot more on Saturday.

Thought Demir looked good in the second half. Him, Omersa and Hurt all bring something different to the spot, loved Omersa's energy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No Freeman tonight. That feels like a redshirt move to me. I would guess that is the deal unless we have an injury. I was really concerned about this team after the exhibition but tonight was far better. Really solid defensive position and team defense and I really like that we moved the ball quickly without a bunch of dribbling around. This will be a tough team to zone against with the shooters and the ability of Oturu to hit the face up 8-10 footer in the middle. I am starting to warm back up to this team. It would be a big, big help if Ihnen can give them some athleticism and shooting at the 4 spot.

The student announcers, Ned and Jed, said he came in at one point, but I think they were mistaken.

Thought Demir looked good in the second half. Him, Omersa and Hurt all bring something different to the spot, loved Omersa's energy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Same here- I was actually farirly impressed with Demir in the 2nd half (after a slow start). He's limited athletically but is obviously skilled with the ball and has a nice looking stroke.

I know we're scarred from last season, but it's wayyyyy too early for all these Stull comparisons.

Same here- I was actually farirly impressed with Demir in the 2nd half (after a slow start). He's limited athletically but is obviously skilled with the ball and has a nice looking stroke.

I know we're scarred from last season, but it's wayyyyy too early for all these Stull comparisons.

For one thing, Demir looks like he is in shape to play basketball. One big leap ahead of Stull at this point.

Top Bottom