***OFFICIAL CLEVELAND STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
And here we are, the start of the 2019-2020 season upon us and Pitino's 7th year at Minnesota. Lots of new faces will be on display, as will our lack of depth in the front court with two bigs already hurt. Looking forward to seeing our trio of new guards get to work, as their role will be critical.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Stan! Always look forward to your game threads.

I’m really excited for tonight. Been looking forward to it for a long time. This is a big one. Need to start the season off on the right foot. I expect a lot of pressure defense and that the team will run and run and run. The healthy front court players we have are athletic!

Pitino has a lot to prove and I think he solidifies himself as our coach this year!!!

I see the game is on BTN+ tonight. Does anyone have an idea of how many non-conference Gopher games were actually on BTN+ last year? Not sure I want to start a subscription for only a game or two...

Last edited:

I see the game is on BTN+ tonight. Does anyone have an idea of how many non-conference Gopher games were actually on BTN+ last year? Not sure I want to start a subscription for only a game or two...

Gophers are on BTN+ 3 times this season:

Tonight
Nov. 21: Central Michigan
Nov. 29: DePaul

Little surprised the DePaul game didn't find a spot on "regular" TV.

Gophers are on BTN+ 3 times this season:

Tonight
Nov. 21: Central Michigan
Nov. 29: DePaul

Little surprised the DePaul game didn't find a spot on "regular" TV.

The DePaul game had to be in the afternoon as Fighting Hawks/Gopher puck is 7 PM at Mariucci-3M Arena. BTN already has Nebraska/Iowa football that afternoon (2:30 PM) and I am guessing the rest of the TV partners are committed to other football games or "exempt" Hoops Tourneys in the Bahamas, Orlando, Anaheim etc.

Yeesh, this is the first time I've paid for BTN+ and it's not worth anywhere near $10/month when you see what ESPN+ does for $5.

I've seen reddit streams that are better.

Yeesh, this is the first time I've paid for BTN+ and it's not worth anywhere near $10/month when you see what ESPN+ does for $5.

Worse than normal somehow. The floor is a different color in every shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worse than normal somehow. The floor is a different color in every shot.

I watched the hockey game this weekend and didn't think it was too bad. It got pixelated at times, but was mostly clear HD. Tonight the players are all pixelated and the frame rate is choppy. I don't even mind the student announcers, I think that aspect is cool.

Picture looks good on my new Roku. The white floor/white uniform combo and the announcers are not.

They have a subscription that (supposedly) is for one month and doesn't auto re-new.

Hurt just does not belong on the floor.

Wow... Alihan Demir just aint it. Doesn't take but one half of watching to realize he is going to be a non-factor for this team this year.

So what is going on? Who has scored 20 points yet?

Similar to the SW MN State game. Gabe and Willis have each hit multiple 3's. Oturu gets his. Not much else. Carr shoots too much. Demir looks lost. No one off the bench doing much of anything.

Cleveland State is not good and can't buy a shot. Gophers up 34-15.

Picture looks good on my new Roku. The white floor/white uniform combo and the announcers are not.

It feels like they retired the gold uniforms, and I just don’t understand it.

Wow... Alihan Demir just aint it. Doesn't take but one half of watching to realize he is going to be a non-factor for this team this year.

He's reminding me of Brock Stull.

They may have to play small ball and start Carr/Gabe/Willis/Williams/Oturu whenever possible.

Hurt seems to have supplanted Demir which should tell you something.

Oturu could score 30 tonight if they wanted him to.

Carr working on a triple double

Davison might be screwed with this new flopping rule.

Quick recap: 38-19 good guys at the half. Cleveland State is really really bad...

-Oturu is doing Oturu things. Tearing up their zone D and looks like he has that mid range jumper down pat. Could stand to be a little more imposing on D.
-Marcus Carr has had alot of opportunities. Ton of open threes that you can't blame him for taking, he just has to start making them.
-Not much to report on Gabe. We know what he is.
-Freshman have looked very meh in limited time
-Rebounding has been good for what little size we've had on the court
-I like Payton Willis! We need to keep getting him open looks

Top Bottom