Predict the Score 11/9 Minnesota vs Penn State

No one is scoring over 30 points on PSU's defense this year, not even OSU.

J****. Look, OSU put up 38 on Wisconsin and they are better both statistically and via the eye test than PSU. Not that you’re bad, just not as good as you think.

Let’s see what happens Saturday. I legitimately don’t know how this is going to go but you’re not vintage Alabama or 2019 Ohio State. I’ll go with a semi-homer nail biter final of:

MN 28
PSU 26

J****. Look, OSU put up 38 on Wisconsin and they are better both statistically and via the eye test than PSU. Not that you’re bad, just not as good as you think.

Let’s see what happens Saturday. I legitimately don’t know how this is going to go but you’re not vintage Alabama or 2019 Ohio State. I’ll go with a semi-homer nail biter final of:

MN 28
PSU 26

Wisconsin doesn't have the athletes to play with OSU. Wisconsin defensively is good against traditional Big 10 offenses, but offenses that spread them out and have speed at the skill positions can put up a lot of points on Wisconsin. It's been that way for years. Penn State has the athletes to play with OSU, Wisconsin doesn't.

Justin Conzemius says 27-10.

Wisconsin doesn't have the athletes to play with OSU. Wisconsin defensively is good against traditional Big 10 offenses, but offenses that spread them out and have speed at the skill positions can put up a lot of points on Wisconsin. It's been that way for years. Penn State has the athletes to play with OSU, Wisconsin doesn't.

How sure of that are you? Have you played anyone this season that runs a balanced spread attack with elite skill athletes? I think your point remains to be seen. Now, as elite as a pass throwing QB as Morgan is I do wish he were able to take off and run more. I suspect the coaches will take that harness off this week at least a little bit to help even up the numbers even more. He isn’t the sturdiest guy and if he goes down so goes the season...

Michigan doesn't exactly have an explosive offense and they were an easy dropped TD pass from scoring 28 at Happy Valley. The PSU defense is good but they aren't elite IMO and can be had.

What’s hilarious is all the delirious fans here all picking PJU. LOL!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s hilarious is that after we win you’ll go radio silent for a while. Probably emerge again before Ohio State in Indy to tell us “no for real this time guys the gophers suck and will lose.”

What I hope for...UM 26 PSU 19, what I expect is PSU 37 UM 16

Minnesota - 35
Penn State - 21

The difference? Bateman, Johnson, and Autman-Bell expose Penn State’s shaky (currently ranked 10th in the 14-team B1G) pass defense.

I think whatever the score, it will be no further than 2 scores separation between us and PSU. I think neither team will score more than 28. It’s going to be a very classic Big Ten showdown. Just my opinion. I’ll be shocked if someone destroys the other.

Minnesota - 35
Penn State - 21

The difference? Bateman, Johnson, and Autman-Bell expose Penn State’s shaky (currently ranked 10th in the 14-team B1G) pass defense.

I wasn’t aware of that. That’s an interesting stat, and 100% accurate. It’s not as though they’ve played a bunch of strong passing teams either.

Our pass defense is 4th in the Big 10 and 9th in the country (6th in FBS).

PSU’s total defense is 9th in the country (280 yards per game). We are 13th (283 yards per game).

Last edited:

Gophers in OT

With the way this weekend has started - Gopher hockey beats Michigan in double OT, Wolves beat GS in OT - I'm going with a 31-28 victory in OT

Gophs kick a field goal to open. AWJr with another huge pick in the student section endzone to win it.

I wasn’t aware of that. That’s an interesting stat, and 100% accurate. It’s not as though they’ve played a bunch of strong passing teams either.

Our pass defense is 4th in the Big 10 and 9th in the country (6th in FBS).

PSU’s total defense is 9th in the country (280 yards per game). We are 13th (283 yards per game).

Why are they ranked higher ? Most college football analysts that watch a ton of games are picking Penn State.

Per Clucko, The U wins.

I'll pick 37-16.

Why are they ranked higher ? Most college football analysts that watch a ton of games are picking Penn State.

I’m not sure what any of that has to do with what I posted, but thanks for letting me know Penn State is:

a) Ranked higher.
b) Picked by people who watch a lot of football to win this game.

I will take this new information under consideration, and decide before game time whether to revise my prediction.

I am on the fence on this.

This is going to be one of those chess game matches.

My gut tells me the Gophers have the heart of a champion. My head tells me this is an adventure that the Gophers have never seen before.

I am on the fence on this.

This is going to be one of those chess game matches.

My gut tells me the Gophers have the heart of a champion. My head tells me this is an adventure that the Gophers have never seen before.

I agree about the chess game aspect.
Halftime adjustments are going to be key:
The coaches will need to to be on point with the game plan & in game adjustments.
The players will need to elevate & execute.

Thanks for warning me about what the experts who watch a lot of football thought about the game!

Top Bottom