What will the actual in-game attendance be for the Gophers/Penn State game?

What will the actual in-game attendance be for the Gophers/Penn State game?

• Less than 35,000

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 35,000 - 39,999

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 40,000 - 44,999

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 45,000 - 50,000

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • 50,000+

Votes: 68 58.1%

• Total voters

How many people do you think were/are waiting for a more accurate picture of the forecast? Something tells me the remaining tickets will sell like mad in the next day or two, if that nice 43 degree forecast stays put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people do you think were/are waiting for a more accurate picture of the forecast? Something tells me the remaining tickets will sell like mad in the next day or two, if that nice 43 degree forecast stays put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe but I doubt we get a weather bump in sales for an unexpected nice day if we're under 50 and sunny.

Over that and I would expect some weather sales.

The StubHub minimum get-in price indicates that this is the 3rd most expensive game to attend this Saturday.

$279 - LSU @ Alabama
$89 - USC @ Arizona St (???)
$57 - Penn State @ Minnesota

Maryland @ Ohio State and Iowa @ Wisconsin are tied for 4th at $55

Purdue @ Northwestern can be had for $2!

Shama chimes in:

It’s possible the U will announce Minnesota’s first sellout home crowd since 2015 on Saturday. Official capacity at the stadium is 50,805. Temps could hit 40 degrees during the game, perhaps the warmest weather of the week. If the game were played at climate-controlled U.S. Bank Stadium, attendance likely would be 60,000 or more.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Shama chimes in:

It’s possible the U will announce Minnesota’s first sellout home crowd since 2015 on Saturday. Official capacity at the stadium is 50,805. Temps could hit 40 degrees during the game, perhaps the warmest weather of the week. If the game were played at climate-controlled U.S. Bank Stadium, attendance likely would be 60,000 or more.

Go Gophers!!
It's pure speculation to say that the attendance would be dramatically higher at the "Sand Crawler" than at the Bank.
Gophers aren't the only ticket in town like State Penn is in Western Pennsylvania.

I'm going big: 48,000+ tickets scanned !!

Shama chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

200.webp

No, not really. Whatever the number full is. ;)

.-- .... .- - -.. --- -.-- --- ..- - .... .. -. -.- .- -... --- ..- - - .... .. ... .. .- -- - .... . .-- .- .-.. .-. ..- ... ..--..

I don’t think they release the tickets scanned number publicly. I bet they’d tell you if you emailed, or maybe it had to be FOIA’ed.

I don’t think they release the tickets scanned number publicly. I bet they’d tell you if you emailed, or maybe it had to be FOIA’ed.
I remember a guy who made a graph on twitter that showed announced attendance vs scanned for the last 3 years. Dont remember his name think he worked for the press.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I remember a guy who made a graph on twitter that showed announced attendance vs scanned for the last 3 years. Dont remember his name think he worked for the press.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Right, we had that tweet in the tickets remaining thread for the PSU game. It looked like an internal document (for the athletic dept), that he had obtained somehow. Not like it’s top secret missile codes or anything. So not sure if he just asked for it or had to FOIA it.

Top Bottom