What will the actual in-game attendance be for the Gophers/Penn State game?

• Less than 35,000

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 35,000 - 39,999

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 40,000 - 44,999

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 45,000 - 50,000

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • 50,000+

Votes: 68 58.1%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

Its asking for in-game attendance not tickets sold so I went with 40-45K. I also don't think this will be a sell out. Perhaps if there is some sort of flash sale with a movement on price. But as of now it looks a lot like the Maryland game looked on the preceding Monday.

50+

I think the fans show up. If not I'm not sure when they ever will...

I went with 45 to 50. Love to see 50+, but not confident in it.

considering our highest attendance has been 39k in the last 3 years (This season vs SD) id say around 46k scanned and 50k sold

I'm overly optimistic and voted 50k+, but realistically I'm expecting in the 45-48k range.

Its asking for in-game attendance not tickets sold so I went with 40-45K. I also don't think this will be a sell out. Perhaps if there is some sort of flash sale with a movement on price. But as of now it looks a lot like the Maryland game looked on the preceding Monday.

I'm not confident in a sell out, but it looks way better than Maryland did. Only a couple section left in the "medium" availability, the rest low or sold out (obviously not accounting for secondary sellers).

The answer to this question is a bit hard to predict. The drum for this game is going to get louder with each passing day, so I think the day of game walkup could be pretty significant if it isn't raining. That said, the number of tickets on sale with StubHub currently is higher numerically and as a percentage of capacity compared to the next Vikings home game against the Broncos 8 days after the Penn State game. That suggests there are professional scalpers buying tickets and looking to sell to an aftermarket that may or may not exist to as great an extent as is needed to move that entire supply. There are also inevitably fans that stay away for weather or other personal reasons, even for a game of this magnitude. The capacity is 50,850. My prediction is about 47,000 and change will be the actual number of fans in the house.

Even if we are rolling over the Nittany Lions or the game is close, starting at halftime there will be an outflow of fans because too many people never seem to dress for the weather, even after a decade of Gopher football at this stadium with a pair of Vikings seasons with a bunch of December games thrown in. The temp could be in the 20s at kickoff and the projected high is only 35 with cloud cover. The students never dress warmly and too many general fans seem to think grabbing an extra hoodie is enough because it didn't feel so cold when stepping out on the driveway for a minute that morning. It's a lot colder being stationary for three plus hours out in the open. So call it 42,000 by the end if we are winning or it's close, much smaller if Penn State crushes us or just comfortably controls us minus a blowout.

I'm not confident in a sell out, but it looks way better than Maryland did. Only a couple section left in the "medium" availability, the rest low or sold out (obviously not accounting for secondary sellers).

Just checked stubhub lots of secondary tickets available only sections sold out are 213,214,219,243 and 146

Just checked stubhub lots of secondary tickets available only sections sold out are 213,214,219,243 and 146

if these are tickets the U already sold, then shouldn’t they count towards a sell out?

Probably a couple thousand short of a sell out and the cold temps will keep a few thousand more home.

Now that they are giving up to 4 tickets to ANY veteran (not just active duty), the chances of a sell out has gone waaaay up, I would think. The only thing standing in the way is perhaps the message not getting out effectively.

That is free ticket availability to a fairly large segment of our population, x4.

My earlier guess didn’t include this deal. Now all bets are off.

If it was WI or IA, I would say sell-out, because the visiting fans would gobble up the extra seats. But Penn State is not, I think, going to bring a ton of fans along, and I am doubtful that there is a big Penn State Alumni contingent in the Twin Cities.

So -actual butts in seats - 46,500. give or take. Deer opener will cost them at least 1,000 missing fans in my humble estimate. and that could be low.

The under 35K option was the winner for Illinois and Nebraska, and the under 40K option was correct for Maryland.

I went with 45K - 50K
I expect 10K in maroon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not that interested in total headcount. I'm really interested in guessing how many of the 50K fans will be hammered for the 11 am kickoff (one hand raised here).

Maybe someone can start a poll that.

Penn State will bring a ton so should be fine. Just think of WI though - will probably be outnumbered after losing 2 of 3 going into that one.

Penn State will bring a ton so should be fine. Just think of WI though - will probably be outnumbered after losing 2 of 3 going into that one.

Get a life

One of the benefits of having to sell a ton of single game tickets to any game is it's far more likely they actually show up. Season ticket holders and corporate seats have a higher no-show rate, but 100% of single game tickets do, because that's the sole point. Attendance will be strong.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

One of the benefits of having to sell a ton of single game tickets to any game is it's far more likely they actually show up. Season ticket holders and corporate seats have a higher no-show rate, but 100% of single game tickets do, because that's the sole point. Attendance will be strong.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yep.

Weather wimps will lower the actual attendance.

Many of our best fans are seniors well past 65. No matter what you wear after a certain age, it really hurts to sit out in the very cold. So, if it is really cold, yes there will be some great fans who have bought seats who will stay home and watch on TV. Not me, but some.

Many of our best fans are seniors well past 65. No matter what you wear after a certain age, it really hurts to sit out in the very cold. So, if it is really cold, yes there will be some great fans who have bought seats who will stay home and watch on TV. Not me, but some.

Wouldn't someone missing this game give or sell their tickets to someone else, regardless of their age? The weather forecast for Saturday is for temps that aren't out of the ordinary for this time of year. It isn't like people have been expecting 80's for this game all fall and now a polar vortex has swooped in unexpectedly. I'm assuming any season ticket holder not wishing to attend this game could find someone within their family/friend sphere that would gladly attend the game in their place.

Man, I would take up the offer of free tickets for Vets if I didn't have company coming! Ski U Mah! RTB!! I'm guessing 50,000 +.

With the favorable weather forecast - now 42 and cloudy, it should be a sellout. Can't wait.

How many standing room tickets can they sell with fire code?

Top Bottom