Start your week off right with some Dan Nystom

Trying to decide if this or Rhys Lloyd over Wisconsin was the better clutch kick.

Both are excellent memories from back in my youth.

I'm not sure there would be a better feeling as a kicker. Making any kick feels really good. But @ #2, 100,000 fans and you just drill it. Like he was on a side field at practice. And then they go nuts, and its crazy but you know you just did your job perfectly.

Trying to decide if this or Rhys Lloyd over Wisconsin was the better clutch kick.

Both are excellent memories from back in my youth.

This one and in my opinion it isn't even close. True freshman kicker on the road against the #2 ranked team in the country with a stadium of 100,000 people screaming at him and Lavar Arrington on the other side skying to block the kick (one of his specialties). Also outdoors on top of everything else.

During practice in the week leading up to the game they practiced field goals with someone on a ladder standing just behind the defense to make sure the kick would get high enough to clear Arrington, he was that good at blocking field goals.

Both kicks were massive but Nystrom's was tougher. Easily two of my fondest Gopher football memories to this point.

Top Bottom