Gopher legend Bobby Bell: I just want to be alive when they go back to the Rose Bowl.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Two-time All-American, Outland Trophy winner and Big Ten MVP Bobby Bell, who played on Minnesota’s last Rose Bowl team, will be the celebrity guest at Friday’s Goal Line Club lunch at Jax Café where Gophers running backs coach Kenni Burns will also speak. “I love the way they play,” Bell told Sports Headliners about the 8-0 Gophers. “I just want to be alive when they go back to the Rose Bowl.” More at Goallineclub.org.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

And so it is written..... That would be a great pre-game locker room speech to this group of kids. They would eat it up.

He must want them to lose if he's hoping for the Rose Bowl and not the CFP.

Thanks, I'll show myself out now. :)

The only way we go to the Rose is to lose our only game to OSU in the B1G championship. We lose to PSU and then they or a 1 loss Ohio state would go to the Rose.

The only way we go to the Rose is to lose our only game to OSU in the B1G championship. We lose to PSU and then they or a 1 loss Ohio state would go to the Rose.

I've been thinking about asking a question related to that. Assuming Ohio State goes to the CFP what is the pecking order for the Rose Bowl? Whoever they want to invite? Next highest ranking? Big Ten West champion?

It's kind of nice to actually care......

I wan the same thing but I'm 45 years younger than him.

It would be a dadgum shame if he had to watch them play in a CFP semi or Championship game instead.

GOLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a dadgum shame if he had to watch them play in a CFP semi or Championship game instead.

1000 percent. We are not ready for the CFP yet. Lets get to the Rose Bowl. 17 million people watched the Rose Bowl this year. 15 million watched the CFP national championship. It is a no-brainer we want to go to the Rose Bowl. Would it be great to be undefeated? I guess it would be special. We are not going to be National champions so if we are to lose a game, lets at least benefit from that with a Rose Bowl bid. Then next year all you folks who want to chase that can hope for the playoffs.

I've been thinking about asking a question related to that. Assuming Ohio State goes to the CFP what is the pecking order for the Rose Bowl? Whoever they want to invite? Next highest ranking? Big Ten West champion?

That’s not true. We can lose 1 before title game not to psu though as long as Ohio st beats penn st. And if they don’t we can beat penn st. In title game too

We pretty much have to beat penn st or win big 10 title to go to rose bowl unless they slip up bad in November

We pretty much have to beat penn st or win big 10 title to go to rose bowl unless they slip up bad in November

The road to the Rose Bowl starts this Saturday.

1000 percent. We are not ready for the CFP yet. Lets get to the Rose Bowl. 17 million people watched the Rose Bowl this year. 15 million watched the CFP national championship. It is a no-brainer we want to go to the Rose Bowl. Would it be great to be undefeated? I guess it would be special. We are not going to be National champions so if we are to lose a game, lets at least benefit from that with a Rose Bowl bid. Then next year all you folks who want to chase that can hope for the playoffs.

I really can't tell if you're going extremely heavy on the sarcasm here, but what a joke of a post. It's a "no-brainer" that we'd rather lose in the Big Ten Championship game? Uhhhh.... not sure about that. "I guess it would be special" to be undefeated? With wins over PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and OSU (or possibly PSU again)? Yeah, I guess that would be cool.

Listen, obviously the playoff is unrealistic this year, I'm not disagreeing with that. But you're saying that in the ultimate dream season, you don't want to make the playoff. And don't say that we'd be killed in the playoff. If we somehow beat Ohio State, who many have as the best in the nation, we'd compete with anyone. Again, I'm not saying this scenario is even close to likely. But c'mon. Are you really that pessimistic of a fan that your wildest dreams don't even involve the top level of the sport?

I really can't tell if you're going extremely heavy on the sarcasm here, but what a joke of a post. It's a "no-brainer" that we'd rather lose in the Big Ten Championship game? Uhhhh.... not sure about that. "I guess it would be special" to be undefeated? With wins over PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and OSU (or possibly PSU again)? Yeah, I guess that would be cool.

Listen, obviously the playoff is unrealistic this year, I'm not disagreeing with that. But you're saying that in the ultimate dream season, you don't want to make the playoff. And don't say that we'd be killed in the playoff. If we somehow beat Ohio State, who many have as the best in the nation, we'd compete with anyone. Again, I'm not saying this scenario is even close to likely. But c'mon. Are you really that pessimistic of a fan that your wildest dreams don't even involve the top level of the sport?

You do know there is an active poll on this site right now where 40% of GHers (fans) have said they would prefer going to the Rose Bowl over the CFP? You are after Jay like he is some outlier. Your opinion is barely in the majority here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be the 2nd highest ranked team big ten team in the CFP poll.

Top Bottom