Week 11 - Other Games Thread

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
First of all, THERE ARE NO OTHER GAMES THIS WEEKEND.

But for those of you who need more:

Tuesday
A couple MAC games including PJ's old school, WMU vs Ball St. WMU is 5-4 this year, 3-2 in the MAC.

First CFP Rankings come out!

Wednesday
Miami (OH) vs Ohio

Thursday
Nothing great.

Friday
UCF at Tulsa.
Washington at Oregon St. Oregon State is respectable now contrary to when we played them.

Saturday

Early
Baylor at TCU. (GO TCU)

Purdue at Northwestern

G-Tech at Virginia.
Virginia might be the third best ACC team.

Kansas State at Texas.
Good chance for Texas fans to start getting upset at Tom Herman if they get beat by the old NDSU coach. They chose Herman over Fleck.

Talon's Ga Southern team vs Troy

ACC's other ranked team, Wake Forest vs an improving V-Tech team who is still horrible.

2:30 - 3:00 PM
LSU vs Alabama

Iowa at Wisconsin - Big Ten West implications. Loser likely done.

#4 Clemson vs NC State. NC State isn't good, but it's one of Clemson's last three chances to lose. Next week Clemson goes against wake which might be a good game.

7:00 PM
Iowa State vs Oklahoma. It would be helpful if Iowa State can pull the upset.

TCU over Baylor
Virginia in a laugher of Rambling Wreck
Texas over K State
Bama over LSU 10-9
Wisconsin comfortably over Iowa 26-10
Clemson easy over NC State
Oklahoma big over Iowa St and their departing coach...

Georgia Southern kind of turned into a "shirt-tail" relative the Gophers with all the messaging back and forth with Talon. Always cheer for them.
Other than that, I'd also like to see Iowa State win, Texas lose, Baylor lose, and both Iowa and Wisconsin lose (or the meteor actually hit this time!!!!).

I'm thankful for GA Southern (who I now call by the correct name) for beating App St.

That ends the APP ST is a better unbeaten team than the Gophers conversation for this year.
GSU was a fun watch the other night.

TCU over Baylor
Virginia in a laugher of Rambling Wreck
Texas over K State
Bama over LSU 10-9
Wisconsin comfortably over Iowa 26-10
Clemson easy over NC State
Oklahoma big over Iowa St and their departing coach...

I agree on all, but I think the LSU Bama game will be higher scoring. Maybe 21-17.

I cheer for every team the Gophers beat as soon as we beat them!

I cheer for every team the Gophers beat as soon as we beat them!

Speaking of that, at 6PM Fresno State plays Utah State at home. They are 2 point favorites, and if they can win this game, the are likely to finish with 7 wins this season (I don't like their odds against San Diego State, but they should be able to beat San Jose State and Nevada)

Tulsa ties game.
UCF fumbles next kickoff.
Tulsa can't move the ball.
Kicks FG and the plagued FG kicker hits the upright.

He missed several FG's against Memphis earlier this year.
The Vikings will probably draft him.

31-31 4th quarter.

UCF goes a couple plays and throws a pick which is returned to the 18.
Get a first down. First and goal at the 5. Can't get it in. Kicker makes chip shot FG to go ahead by 3.

Tulsa beats UCF who was unranked but getting votes in the coaches poll.

Sparse crowd at Oregon State game.

Really enjoyed the UCF game last night

Liking the look of the Wisconsin-Iowa game, 3-0 Iowa as the second quarter begins.

Illinois not helping our SOS argument today.
We'll just have to beat the teams on our schedule.

Go Iowa today.
Let's win the west next week.

LSU lighting up Alabama.

Guys, we could be ranked ahead of Alabama next week. I mean, we won't be, but we *could* be.

Alabama losing would mean they are likely eliminated from CFP because their resume is really week.
By comparison, a one loss Gopher team and a one loss Alabama resume would actually look better for MN due to our win.

Getting ahead of things, but LSU winning would be better for us and the Big Ten including PSU.

Halftime panel during Iowa-Wisconsin spent pretty much the whole break talking about Minnesota.

Illinois not helping our SOS argument today.
We'll just have to beat the teams on our schedule.

Go Iowa today.
Let's win the west next week.

We beat Illinois 40-17. And as far as our strength of schedule argument goes...

WE BEAT #4!

Illinois down only 7 now and driving.

A win vs MSU would give some respect to this horrible Gopher opponent.

Illinois pick 6 to tie it pending the pat.

EDIT: ILLINOIS SHANKS THE XP! 31-30 Mich. St.

Iowa likes to party
and can’t convert

I want Wisconsin to win this, so Iowa is all but eliminated. We beat them next week and Northwestern the following week, we clinch. Don’t want the Wisc game to be for the title, even though that would be epic. It also gives us margin for error, just in case we lose next week.

Last edited:

I want Wisconsin to win this, so Iowa is all but eliminated. We beat them next week and Northwestern the following week, we clinch. Don’t want the Wisc game to be for the title, even though that would be epic. It also gives us margin for error, just in case we lose next week.

If Iowa wins and then we beat Iowa next week we clinch ....

Illinois has the ball on the Mich St. 1.

Top Bottom