Week 11 - Other Games Thread

Illinois on the 1 yard line for a game winning TD. Less than a minute to go 34-30 msu

If Iowa wins and then we beat Iowa next week we clinch ....

Right, but if Iowa won today, and then beat us next week, we’d probably still have to beat Wisconsin to keep Iowa from winning the West. This is the best result for our chances.

Illinois fumbles the snap, *facepalm*.

omg, Illinois is going to blow this.

MSU player absolutely mugged the Illinois receiver on a probably uncatchable ball for a PI. Wow. Then on the following play, Illinois runs for a 2 yd loss. No one wants to win.

Wow. Illinois wins, what a finish.

I'm thinking Illinois was our best win

Why stop there? Nationally, our best win is thought to be against Georgia Southern or SDSU...as soon as they figure out how to put asterisks next to the rest of our wins.

Minnesota is lucky because they don't have to play Michigan State this year.
Their best win coming into today was against a lowly Illinois team.

If Illinois didn't stumble against Eastern Michigan, we would probably look better.

Illini beats Michigan State and are now bowl eligible. Michigan State with a clunker of a season.

Go Gophers!!

We really need Scott Frost to work some magic and beat Becky in Lincoln next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa State with the ball, 2 minutes left, down 7

Oklahoma lucky as $hit. We should pass them in the polls, they’re not very impressive.

Dammit. Gutty or stupid to put it all on the 2-point conversion when you've been kicking ass for a quarter? OK survives elimination.

Oklahoma is highly ranked because they beat Texas.
Texas was once ranked 11th.

(We're 13th or 17th).

Dammit. Gutty or stupid to put it all on the 2-point conversion when you've been kicking ass for a quarter? OK survives elimination.

Everyone loves that idea until it doesn't work.

Sorry to see NW lose today. I root against Purdue simply because their defensive coordinator looks like a complete tool. Always red-faced screaming at some player.

We really need Scott Frost to work some magic and beat Becky in Lincoln next week.

I disagree.

If we want to lay claim to being the best — and we do want that — we need to beat the teams on our schedule, rather than hope someone else knocks them off for us.

We just beat Penn State, and the Nittanies were more highly-rated than either Wisconsin or Iowa. We can beat those two teams all on our own. We don't need help to get to where we want to be.

I disagree.

If we want to lay claim to being the best — and we do want that — we need to beat the teams on our schedule, rather than hope someone else knocks them off for us.

We just beat Penn State, and the Nittanies were more highly-rated than either Wisconsin or Iowa. We can beat those two teams all on our own. We don't need help to get to where we want to be.

I disagree with the word need.

But we really need Wisconsin to lose every game they play because it makes me happy when Wisconsin loses.

Top Bottom