Week 11 - Other Games Thread

I'd rather see them come in here all full of themselves, and then watch the Gophers burst their balloon for them.

I wonder if the Gophers beating Illinois now qualifies as beating "someone." The Illini win again yesterday over Michigan State.

I wonder if the Gophers beating Illinois now qualifies as beating "someone." The Illini win again yesterday over Michigan State.

If you follow the KFAN formula, Illinois was 'terrible' at the time we beat them; they've only gotten 'better' since then. So the Gophers' win over Illinois gets an asterisk, and does not qualify as beating "someone".

Michigan State was repeatedly cited as a quality win for Penn State, so I would say yes, but I don’t know whether the national punditry will see it that way.

Why?

Do you think Wisconsin is a tougher opponent than Penn State was?

Whether the gophers go 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 or 12-0
The gopher would program would be better served by Wisconsin finishing this season 7-5

I know my wishes don’t impact the game. But I truly do hope for Wisconsin to lose every week.

I think Wisconsin is pretty similar in quality to Penn State.
I think our defensive strengths matchup better with Stopping Wisconsin than stopping Penn State.

First impressions are so powerful. MN looked shaky to start, Illinois was Illinois early on. MSU was talked up in the preseason and of course the preseason rankings figure into it every year. Now look at MN, Illinois, MSU, Indiana. But, people are slow to give up their first impressions.

Top Bottom