I'm liking the following scenario...

RememberMurray

Reaction score
... Gophers beat Penn State, improve to 9-0 (6-0).

... Hawkeyes upset Wisconsin. Hawkeyes improve to 7-2 (4-2). Badgers drop their third straight, to 6-3 (3-3).

... Gophers then travel to Iowa City the following week, beat Hawkeyes on their own turf at Kinnick. The amazing win secures TWO trophies: Floyd of Rosedale and the B1G West Champion's trophy. The Gophers celebrate with a large contingent of maroon and gold clad Minnesota fans who made the trip down, carrying both trophies around Kinnick Stadium. Lots of joyful images, similar to the ones we saw from Madison 11 months ago.

If that happens, Gophers are likely #5±1 in the CFP rankings.

An upset, and 2 road wins in rivalry games. Love your dream, but I’m thinking those odds are probably . . . .4 x .3 x .4, or ~ .048, or 5% or 1:20.

Let’s just “win the Penn State season”, and go from there!

I have a funny feeling about Iowa at Wisconsin. Wisconsin is reeling a bit.

I have a strong feeling about Penn State at Minnesota. There's an aura of destiny about these Gophers.

By the way: an Iowa win over Wisconsin would be a bigger upset than a Gopher win over Penn State, according to Vegas.

... Gophers beat Penn State, improve to 9-0 (6-0).

... Hawkeyes upset Wisconsin. Hawkeyes improve to 7-2 (4-2). Badgers drop their third straight, to 6-3 (3-3).

... Gophers then travel to Iowa City the following week, beat Hawkeyes on their own turf at Kinnick. The amazing win secures TWO trophies: Floyd of Rosedale and the B1G West Champion's trophy. The Gophers celebrate with a large contingent of maroon and gold clad Minnesota fans who made the trip down, carrying both trophies around Kinnick Stadium. Lots of joyful images, similar to the ones we saw from Madison 11 months ago.

And steal their goalposts!!! And successfully get them out of the stadium.

An upset, and 2 road wins in rivalry games. Love your dream, but I’m thinking those odds are probably . . . .4 x .3 x .4, or ~ .048, or 5% or 1:20.

Let’s just “win the Penn State season”, and go from there!

If we beat PSU this week by anything other than an absolute fluke, we will absolutely be favored in Kinnick, regardless of what they do this week.

I fully support your scenario. I hope you see good things for the wisconsin game also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a trophy for winning B1G West?

I want to take part in tearing down their goal posts. Where do I sign up? I also want to take a **** on their field

I want to take part in tearing down their goal posts. Where do I sign up? I also want to take a **** on their field

th

So if Iowa wins and we win this weekend, I’ll need to arrange a last minute trip!

I'd like to see us win against PSU and Iowa as well.

10-0 and locked up in the B1G championship game! Then go on the road to NW to get to 11-0!

However, why do I feel like this chat room would go ballistic if we lost at home to the Badgers after an 11-1 regular season!

Expectations come with success.

I am only worried about the Penn State game. They are the #5 team in the country.

Go Gophers!

I am pulling for Iowa to beat Wisconsin as well, but I believe WIS will win.
I don't think Iowa is really that good.
I also think PSU is beatable because of how they played against Iowa.

Top Bottom