FSU fires coach

Stoops denying rumors. Saying he is not a candidate for FSU.

HR for FSU if true. I'm a bit surprised Stoops wouldn't wait to see what happens at USC/if an NFL team picks off Lincoln Riley.

I don't think going out west fits his background. Started at Iowa, was at K-State, DC at Florida a couple years, then OU.

And not sure he would want to be the Bill Synder of OU, but maybe. Why leave in the first place, if you're just going back?

I don't think going out west fits his background. Started at Iowa, was at K-State, DC at Florida a couple years, then OU.

And not sure he would want to be the Bill Synder of OU, but maybe. Why leave in the first place, if you're just going back?

He retired for burnout/health reasons.

Bob Stoops, if that’s the Stoops we are talking about, is a good hire for everyone involved. Bob brings immediate street cred with his OU Nat title ring in hand. He should be able to stop the bleeding and get the patient stable while the FSU admin gets their act together. His time there may not result in national championships, but will create a more attractive environment for the next young up and comer to take over.

If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t diminish Bob’s legacy and he can go happily back into retirement.

Top Bottom