FSU fires coach

It’s what he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re coming after Frost!

No way I’d want to go there if I’m Fleck.

Go type PJ Fleck in to the Twitter search box. It’s all FSU fans wanting him as the next coach.

This is why you LOCK HIM UP early. There’s a decent chance they’ve already contacted Fleck’s agent. Waiting until the end of the year might be too late.

Go type PJ Fleck in to the Twitter search box. It’s all FSU fans wanting him as the next coach.

This is why you LOCK HIM UP early. There’s a decent chance they’ve already contacted Fleck’s agent. Waiting until the end of the year might be too late.

Good Lord. Our fan base sucks.

Oof. Feel bad. Guy was soaring at USF. Florida St was his dream jobs

Doesn’t matter, didn’t get it done.

There's also a decent chance that Fleck's already been offered an extension here.

Oof. Feel bad. Guy was soaring at USF. Florida St was his dream jobs

Doesn’t matter, didn’t get it done.

Frost was also soaring close by at UCF. Time to bring him back to the sunshine state?

Schools are going to contact Fleck’s agent after/during this season. I guarantee it.

Doesn’t mean he’s gonna leave. He’ll use it as leverage in his negotiation with Coyle, after the season is over.

Frost was also soaring close by at UCF. Time to bring him back to the sunshine state?

Frankly, if he was smart, I’d get the heck out of Lincoln.

No win job there. 10 wins isn’t enough.

It’s amazing.

Paranoia runs deeps.

It not paranoia. It’s reality. His name appears in almost every article that discusses coaching hires at various programs. I hope Coyle isn’t as naive as much of this fanbase.

Do people really think FSU is a step up from Minnesota? Tallahassee is a dump and is nowhere near a step above Minnesota

Do people really think FSU is a step up from Minnesota? Tallahassee is a dump and is nowhere near a step above Minnesota

You can’t be serious?

FSU is a far superior job to Minnesota.

Ok, explain how it’s far superior?

Pays more, no state income tax, better recruiting, more money around the program, better fan support, etc.
The downside is that your bar for success is beating Clemson and you have to live in Tallahassee.

I want PJ to stay, I think he can do special things here, but lets be real.
If Florida State offered him then they would pay him all of $6M, whereas Minnesota pays $3M after income tax.
I know I would move to Florida if it doubled my salary.

The one thing about Fleck though is that he needs a lot of control to run his program then way he wants.
I don't think he would get that control at Florida State.

Last edited:

Absolutely the funniest thread of the last 30 days. Tallahassee is a dump.

https://amp.tallahassee.com/amp/4149845002?__twitter_impression=true

Minnesota coach PJ Fleck

Coaching Record: 50-35

Salary: $3.6 million

Buyout: $9.3 million

Fleck, 38, is the youngest coach on the hot board. He’s been a head coach for seven seasons at Western Michigan (2013-16) and Minnesota (2017-pres.).

He took over a Western Michigan program that was 4-8 the year before he took over. He went 1-11 his first season then went 8-5 the next two seasons. His last season the Broncos finished 13-1 with the only loss coming to Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl.

P.J. Fleck through the years

He took over a Minnesota program and went 5-7 his first year and 7-6 in 2018. The Gophers are 8-0 and ranked 13th in the country in 2019.

Fleck hasn’t coached at the college level in the state of Florida but did spend the 2012 season as the wide receivers coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has also recruited Georgia and Florida well with six of his 23 commitments for the 2020 class coming from those two states. He had five commits from those two states in the 2019 class.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Pays more, no state income tax, better recruiting, more money around the program, better fan support, etc.
The downside is that your bar for success is beating Clemson and you have to live in Tallahassee.

I want PJ to stay, I think he can do special things here, but lets be real.
If Florida State offered him then they would pay him all of $6M, whereas Minnesota pays $3M after income tax.
I know I would move to Florida if it doubled my salary.

They just gave the HC less than 2 years. ACC is a weak conference beyond Clemson.

They just gave the HC less than 2 years. ACC is a weak conference beyond Clemson.

I hear you, but if I'm Fleck's agent, then I'm looking at that and saying there is no way in hell they can afford to do that a second time.

Hadn't really thought about it, but per that list, Iowa State's Matt Campbell probably is a top prospect for top programs. The Memphis guy Mike Norvell probably is too.

Hadn't really thought about it, but per that list, Iowa State's Matt Campbell probably is a top prospect for top programs. The Memphis guy Mike Norvell probably is too.

That will change real quick if Minnesota beats Penn State.

Top Bottom