Purdue loses 2nd QB

swingman

Reaction score
Jack Plummer Likely Out For Year
The promising freshman left Saturday’s win over Nebraska with an apparent leg injury.

By Travis Miller on November 2, 2019 7:56 pm

Thomas J. Russo-USA TODAY Sports
While Purdue won Saturday’s game with Nebraska 31-27, it was not a game wihout cost for the Boilermakers. After the game Jeff Brohm said that quarterback Jack Plummer was likely out for the rest of the 2019 season.

Plummer had a solid outing on Saturday after two very ugly interceptions. He threw for 242 yards and two touchdowns while rushing for an additional 61 yards on the ground, but it was after a 4-yard scramble in the fourth quarter that he came up injured. He was unable to put any weight on his right foot and ad to be helped off the field.

That makes the quarterback situation as follows for Purdue:

Elijah Sindelar - Out, Collarbone

Jack Plummer - Out, foot/leg

Nick Sipe - Out permanently, back

Aidan O’Connell (walk-on) - Presumptive starter

Paul Piferi - True freshman, no experience

Danny Carollo (walk-on) - currently the holder on placekicks and pooch punter.

For good measure receiver Jared Sparks, who began his career at quarterback at Purdue and has a few wildcat snaps as well as a TD pass last year at Illinois, has also bee out most of the season and played only briefly at Iowa.

O’Connell is now the likely starter and he did lead Saturday’s game winning drive by all six of his passes on the drive for 67 yards. He has 133 yards passing this season and a TD last week against Illinois.

Piferi, who did enroll early and went through spring practice, is likely the backup now and if he did have to play he would not burn his redshirt, as he has not played at all yet.

O’Connell looked fine coming off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. I feel for Purdue - but better them than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom