Man, I didn't know how close U & Penn.St. were in stats!

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Both 38 PPG

Total Yards Gophers 429 - PS 422

Passing Gophers 225 - PS 252

Rushing Gopher 204 - PS 170

Passing allowed Gophers 166 - PS 211

Rushing Allowed Gophers 117 - PS 68

Looks like a heads up tough game that the Gophers will win!

TALON

Both 38 PPG

TALON

Dare to be a legend.

It’s the type of game that could come down to a turnover, or an untimely penalty. I’m pretty confident Fleck will have the team fired up and ready to play. I won’t rule out a blowout win.

Both 38 PPG

TALON

How close were strength of schedules ?

Fairly close in scoring offense pretty big difference in scoring defense.

It’s the type of game that could come down to a turnover, or an untimely penalty. I’m pretty confident Fleck will have the team fired up and ready to play. I won’t rule out a blowout win.

One stat that could be a huge advantage for us, we’re one of the least penalized teams in the Big Ten and Penn State is one of the most. We could end up winning by playing a clean game like Fleck usually has this Gopher team playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But remember: they beat Michigan, Michigan State and Iowa in a row.

Michigan under Harbaugh has been bad against any team ranked higher than them, Michigan State is not good, and Iowa is good defensively but doesn’t have much of an offense.

Man, I didn't know how close U & Penn.St. were in stats!

Michigan under Harbaugh has been bad against any team ranked higher than them, Michigan State is not good, and Iowa is good defensively but doesn’t have much of an offense.

<b>Careful now. </b>I suggested that Georgia Southern (Yes, Georgia Southern) wasn’t all that great a couple days ago and was told people like me aren’t needed as Gopher Fans. Who knows what horror dismissing Iowa and Michigan might bring.

Michigan under Harbaugh has been bad against any team ranked higher than them
Like the Gophers for the last decade plus, but in this case the teams above them are top ten?

Michigan is a solid team. I would rank them above us in Big Ten power rankings based on current resumes.

<b>Careful now. </b>I suggested that Georgia Southern (Yes, Georgia Southern) wasn’t all that great a couple days ago and was told people like me aren’t needed as Gopher Fans. Who knows what horror dismissing Iowa and Michigan might bring.

I don’t care how people feel about my opinions. Stats speak for themselves, Michigan is bad under Harbaugh against teams ranked higher than them. I wasn’t surprised they lost to Penn State, and I don’t even think it speaks as much to Penn State being good as it does to Michigan choking against big matchups.

Well they did just beat the Irish.

I don’t care how people feel about my opinions. Stats speak for themselves, Michigan is bad under Harbaugh against teams ranked higher than them. I wasn’t surprised they lost to Penn State, and I don’t even think it speaks as much to Penn State being good as it does to Michigan choking against big matchups.

How are we against teams ranked higher than us ?

Well they did just beat the Irish.

The Irish that looked bad against VT? Yeah I wouldn’t call beating the always overrated ND as a signature win

How are we against teams ranked higher than us ?

I’m speaking on Penn State, the team that people try painting as some power house. I don’t see them that way

The Irish that looked bad against VT? Yeah I wouldn’t call beating the always overrated ND as a signature win

What win do we have that is a signature win ?

I’m speaking on Penn State, the team that people try painting as some power house. I don’t see them that way

I see them as a team that against the schedule they played that they have earned a higher ranking then us.

Who blowing out who? I'm not ready to assume the gophs deserve a seat at the table. Don't have the resume.

Who blowing out who? I'm not ready to assume the gophs deserve a seat at the table. Don't have the resume.

All we can do is beat the teams they put in front of us. Penn State’s best win is against an offensively challenged Michigan team with a massive home field advantage, and they needed a dropped TD pass by a Michigan WR to avoid OT. Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re a good team.

Gopher fans sure seem to get a lot of enjoyment from talking up opposing teams, and downgrading their own. It’s fine, just a little strange.

All we can do is beat the teams they put in front of us. Penn State’s best win is against an offensively challenged Michigan team with a massive home field advantage, and they needed a dropped TD pass by a Michigan WR to avoid OT. Don’t get me wrong, I think they’re a good team.

Gopher fans sure seem to get a lot of enjoyment from talking up opposing teams, and downgrading their own. It’s fine, just a little strange.

One win against Wisconsin just isn't enough for me. You want to move up a tier in the bigten you've got to beat somebody besides Purdue.

One win against Wisconsin just isn't enough for me. You want to move up a tier in the bigten you've got to beat somebody besides Purdue.

OK, so we get that opportunity next week. What is your point? Maybe plunk some money down on Penn State if you feel so strongly that we’re out of our league.

I am not talking down our team, i love being 8-0. Posted that i was all for the hire from day one, never wavered but i am not wired to proclaim him a top 10 coach or us a top 10 program before we actually win something. The board is for the expression of our opinions, including the national title predictors, the doomsayers and everyone in between. Before we go all Alvarez, lets do some, at least one of the things he did. Win the conference, win the Rose Bowl. I will fly in for the PSU win !

OK, so we get that opportunity next week. What is your point? Maybe plunk some money down on Penn State if you feel so strongly that we’re out of our league.

I'm saying the gophers resume is too weak to start saying they have a shot at blowing out PSU. Anything could happen, but it is very unlikely. I'm thinking the gophs need a 1 or 2 turnover advantage just to win. It'd be great if I'm wrong.

I'm saying the gophers resume is too weak to start saying they have a shot at blowing out PSU. Anything could happen, but it is very unlikely. I'm thinking the gophs need a 1 or 2 turnover advantage just to win. It'd be great if I'm wrong.

OK, but I said I wouldn’t rule it out. Not that I see that as the likely result. You apparently skipped over the first part of my comment, where I stated that’s it’s the type of game that could be decided by a turnover or an untimely penalty.

Their resume is that they’re 11-1 in the last 12 games, with a lot of blowout wins, including the one against Wisconsin, who most of Gopherhole held up as the freaking gold standard earlier this season.

If they get their asses kicked, we can all join every college football fan in America and talk about how overrated they are.

THIS IS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE. thank you!

I am not talking down our team, i love being 8-0. Posted that i was all for the hire from day one, never wavered but i am not wired to proclaim him a top 10 coach or us a top 10 program before we actually win something. The board is for the expression of our opinions, including the national title predictors, the doomsayers and everyone in between. Before we go all Alvarez, lets do some, at least one of the things he did. Win the conference, win the Rose Bowl. I will fly in for the PSU win !

Yeah well when you ask where our signature win is, or ask how we do against ranked teams...that line of thinking always makes me wonder “how do you enjoy being a Gopher fan?”. And I think it’s a legitimate question for all the overly pessimistic Gopher fans out there. How do you call yourself a fan by being so negative and quick to **** on getting hyped when the Gophers start showing any signs of promise? I’ve seen horrible games too, been going to every home game since 1997. All the bad/mediocre seasons I’ve seen haven’t crushed my spirits enough for me to start saying “well yeah they’re 8-0, but I wanna see a win against someone good first”. Like how about just enjoy the damn ride. You’ve never seen 8-0 in your lifetime, guaranteed. I hate the negativity. Why even post on GH if all you want to be is a Debbie Downer? Only answers that come to my mind are that you hate your life, or you want to stir the pot.

Top Bottom