Are the Gophers as good as Florida or Georgia?

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
Watching this game on CBS, they both look so athletic and fast...thoughts?

I always think that too, but then you see Big Ten teams play them in bowl games and its much more even. So I think we'd match up.

Florida's offense leaves a lot to be desired. Their D against our O would be fun to see.

I don't think either team would run us off the field though

Florida has beaten as many teams with a winning record as the Gophers this year = 1

Florida and Georgia’s offenses would look better against the gophers, but their defenses would look worse.

I wouldn’t bet on the gophers to win. But I wouldn’t say zero chance

I would love for the Gophers to get a chance to play either of those teams in Minnesota in the snow and cold. I don't think we'd be favored even at home but we'd have a decent shot at winning.

I think FLA MN game would be a close one. Gophs would definitely match up well against the Irish.

I would love for the Gophers to get a chance to play either of those teams in Minnesota in the snow and cold. I don't think we'd be favored even at home but we'd have a decent shot at winning.

Why are Minnesota fans so enamored over this? Do you think SEC teams dream of playing B1G teams in early Sept in the 95 degree heat?

Do you think SEC teams dream of playing B1G teams in early Sept in the 95 degree heat?

No, because they don’t believe they need any additional advantage to beat just about any B1G team not named OhSt.

Florida looks like ass. I’d take the Gophers all day.

No, MN is a good team that has not yet been tested.
Wait until the 10th of November before comparing the Gophers to teams who have been tested.

Georgia would probably win but The Gophers could beat Florida

Why are Minnesota fans so enamored over this? Do you think SEC teams dream of playing B1G teams in early Sept in the 95 degree heat?

Big Ten teams play and practice in the heat every single year. They can play in any environment that football is played in. SEC teams rarely if ever play in the full range of weather. They're only prepared to play in some conditions. Weather is a big part of sports and the SEC gets to avoid cold weather because they don't play away games outside of SEC territory and the bowl games are almost all either in the south or indoors. Georgia is a bit of an exception but most of the SEC relies on passing so much that if it's snowy and they need to rely on running and stopping us from running, I like our odds.

I think MN vs Florida on a neutral field would be close to a pick-em and I'd take us. Georgia would probably be favored by about 10.

I think MN vs Florida on a neutral field would be close to a pick-em and I'd take us. Georgia would probably be favored by about 10.

That sounds fairly accurate. Georgia did look better than Florida today that is for sure. Utah had a nice comeback, I still think the Gophs could give them all they could handle though...

Big Ten teams play and practice in the heat every single year. They can play in any environment that football is played in. SEC teams rarely if ever play in the full range of weather. They're only prepared to play in some conditions. Weather is a big part of sports and the SEC gets to avoid cold weather because they don't play away games outside of SEC territory and the bowl games are almost all either in the south or indoors. Georgia is a bit of an exception but most of the SEC relies on passing so much that if it's snowy and they need to rely on running and stopping us from running, I like our odds.

SEC teams generally are in the southeast part of the country. Where it’s a lot warmer and doesn’t snow. Teams from all conferences are usually playing conference games in October and November. What would you expect? Alabama to cancel their annual year end game against Auburn so they can come play the Gophers?

SEC teams generally are in the southeast part of the country. Where it’s a lot warmer and doesn’t snow. Teams from all conferences are usually playing conference games in October and November. What would you expect? Alabama to cancel their annual year end game against Auburn so they can come play the Gophers?

No, just swap out their November cream puff game for a trip to TCF.

Because for all of the "SEC is superior" talk, it would be fun to see how an elite SEC team would fare in 30 and flurries.

Pretty funny, now we are asking for Alabama ! Let's see if we can beat PSU and UW.

Because for all of the "SEC is superior" talk, it would be fun to see how an elite SEC team would fare in 30 and flurries.

Half our players are from the south. How much experience did Rodney, Shannon and Bateman have making snow castles when they were kids? There are also plenty of players on SEC teams from other parts of the country. Jermaine Johnson of Eden Prairie is playing for Georgia. Is he worse in the cold than Bateman?

Nobody is intimidated with 30 degree temperatures. If you want to make an impact on a SEC team you have to go full blown Minnesnowda. A high of 17 degrees with snow would get their attention.

Top Bottom