Kirk Herbstreit on Gameday today: "We'll be in Tuscaloosa next week"

I think that all but confirms Penn State killed our chances for at least a prime time game slot, if not having GameDay here.

Let's make em pay!

I'd lay money that they'll be here for the Wisconsin game. OSU-Michigan is at 11:00 so UW-UofM will probably be 2:30. And to be honest I really don't care.

Maybe they'll come for the Badger game.

I’m bitter enough now that I hope PJ tells them to pound sand and work something out with fox for their pregame show to tape here for the axe game

I’m bitter enough now that I hope PJ tells them to pound sand and work something out with fox for their pregame show to tape here for the axe game

FOX has the Michigan Ohio State game, so I almost guarantee they'll be there for that.

On paper, it "should" come down to the Axe game and the Iron Bowl. But still plenty of season left, so who knows.

They might come for the Badger game if it’s for the B1G West title.

Though I would be surprised to find College Game Day coming to Minneapolis in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered if an 11:00 am game would automatically exclude it based on logistics? Why would this not be a 2:30 pm game? Why would it have to be night?

11:00 starts won't stop GameDay from coming, they are often at locations with an 11:00 start. A couple years ago they were at Bascom Hill in Madison, which is a 15 minute walk from the stadium, and that was an 11:00 game

Agreed let's show them out with showing Lameday our ass for Axe Game. We should invite Big 10 tailgate and the Big noon crew on Fox for Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Bummer. I was kind of hoping to see Corso put on a Nittany Lion head...and then someone knock him off his chair by nailing him with a whiskey bottle.

FOX has the Michigan Ohio State game, so I almost guarantee they'll be there for that.

On paper, it "should" come down to the Axe game and the Iron Bowl. But still plenty of season left, so who knows.

LSU and ‘Bama are on CBS, the network means nothing. They should have come for MI at MN in 2003 and didn’t. They should come next weekend. At this point I say don’t come. Let’s be the only campus they haven’t been to. F ‘em. I’m fine with holding that monicker as they continue to dwindle sites ignoring us. They’ve been to Tuscaloosa 46 times. That’s simply ridiculous. They’ve been at the LSU vs. Alabama game 11 times. They’ve been at a game with LSU in it 3 times already this year. They simply don’t have an interest in us. Last week of the season is rivalry week and I’m willing to bet they go elsewhere. They should sell season tickets to Gameday in Tuscaloosa.

Can Fox switch give us Big noon and give ABC other matchup?

I agree. I kind of hope they never come here now. It would be more interesting if we were to continue our upward momentum over the next few years and still never appear on their show.

Whether or not our game was at night is irrelevant. This is the 26th meeting of the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the AP poll ever during the regular season in about 900 plus weeks of the rankings. As big of a story as we are, that’s an even bigger one nationally to neutral fans. It was fun to dream, but Gameday wasn’t coming here for the Penn State game. If we keep winning, we at least have a shot for the Wisconsin game.

Can Fox switch give us Big noon and give ABC other matchup?

Not sure if you are serious, but just in case, no.

Regarding another post about hoping we keep climbing and they don’t come, what’s the point of that? It’s not like we were the obvious better choice and got snubbed. It’s #1 vs. #2 in November between two legacy programs. That was the only logical place for Gameday to go. If we stay good and this isn’t an aberration that will pass, Gameday will come. Were Alabama and LSU ranked #2 and #6, we’d probably be celebrating the announcement that the show was coming here next week. The rankings were too much to beat.

4 of the top 5 teams in the AP/Coaches are on BYE this week.

Clemson is the only one playing a game, and it's a stinker against a FCS (DI-AA) team at home. They won't jump into the top 2.

6-10 are all 1-loss teams. Georgia Florida, who play each other, Oregon and Utah both travel for tough road games against unranked teams (USC and Washington), and then Oklahoma has a BYE. None of those are going to jump into the top 2.

Are you playing stupid on purpose or is this a very real affliction?

THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF RANKINGS. Not next weeks AP poll. The CFP throws out preseason ranking bias and judges teams through week 10. It's why many people believe that Ohio State belongs in the top two....as they have looked like they could possibly be the best team in the NCAA. The AP poll has no basis on the CFP poll.

Stop talking out your a$$.

LSU and ‘Bama are on CBS, the network means nothing. They should have come for MI at MN in 2003 and didn’t. They should come next weekend. At this point I say don’t come. Let’s be the only campus they haven’t been to. F ‘em. I’m fine with holding that monicker as they continue to dwindle sites ignoring us. They’ve been to Tuscaloosa 46 times. That’s simply ridiculous. They’ve been at the LSU vs. Alabama game 11 times. They’ve been at a game with LSU in it 3 times already this year. They simply don’t have an interest in us. Last week of the season is rivalry week and I’m willing to bet they go elsewhere. They should sell season tickets to Gameday in Tuscaloosa.

They’ve been to Alabama 13 times previously to next week and not since 2016. They’ve been there, to LSU, and to that matchup a ton because they’re really good and have lots of games that matter. If we want to get Gameday, we need to stay good so we have more games that matter.

The Michigan game in 2003 was a stroke of bad luck with the game going to Friday night because the Twins needed the Dome for playoff baseball the next day.

That would be our luck.
They show up when the stinking Badgers and their fans are here.

Put me on the side that does not want Gameday here for Axe week.

Stay the hell away!
We don't need to encourage the western half of WI to show up and linger in our streets.

stocker, if you think Alabama LSU won’t be 1/2 or 2/1 in the first CFP rankings on Tues (Nov 5), given all the facts I laid out, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

Want to wager on it? 1mo no posting on football board.

EDIT: yes to acknowledge you, there is a chance that Ohio St or Clemson could leak into the top 2. I don’t think they will, but it could happen. Bet offer stands.

Last edited:

Pending a collapse, I think they’ll be in Minneapolis for the axe game.

stocker, if you think Alabama LSU won’t be 1/2 or 2/1 in the first CFP rankings on Tues (Nov 5), given all the facts I laid out, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

Want to wager on it? 1mo no posting on football board.

You laid out facts with regard to the AP poll. And you still don't seem to understand that the CFP rankings are different. All I said was that the other polls don't hold water. Alabama, LSU, Ohio State are the clear 1, 2, 3. They could be placed in any order.

You're like a small child having trouble concentrating. And I'm not going to wager a month on the football board with a bit who's been here for less than a year. I think most posters would just prefer if you were gone.

Last edited:

Nov 2017.

I edited my post.

Bet offer stands. Telling you won’t take it. Probably because you realize that Bama and LSU will likely be the top two in the first CFP rankings on Tues.

That would be our luck.
They show up when the stinking Badgers and their fans are here.

Put me on the side that does not want Gameday here for Axe week.

Stay the hell away!
We don't need to encourage the western half of WI to show up and linger in our streets.
100 percent this, no Gameday for Axe game. Badger fans can go eat a D. I have a better idea, send Reece Davis, the Bear and the female reporters to Minneapolis. Send everyone else to Tuscaloosa. Alabama has never beaten Minnesota and would never play us in the cold.

Last edited:

They weren't going to come to the Michigan game in 2003. They were in Tallahassee for #2 Miami vs. #5 FSU.

http://www.startribune.com/ticket-s...um-trending-in-the-right-direction/564231062/

"
A Big Ten conference spokesman said in a statement that the conference's television partners determine the broadcast networks and start times within their contractual agreements with the Big Ten.

"We typically do not play primetime games past the first week of November due to the colder weather," the statement read. "While a process is in place for the possibility of a game to be set in primetime during this portion of the season, it requires that all parties – television, the conference, and both institutions – agree to do so."

So with Fleck saying the Gophers did not actually rule out the option, that would mean either ABC, the Big Ten or Penn State did.

"

ABC would not rule it out. Either the B1G or Penn State did.

Yes, and I am inclined to believe it was Penn State.

If GameDay was or was not a carrot, we’ll probably never know.

Not true in the slightest.

No idea why you have such vile things to say this morning, I haven’t done a thing to you.

I'm sorry if I've been a little abrasive this morning.....but you've been spewing misinformation. The AP and the CFP polls are different. The CFP rankings are not an adjustment of the AP poll. They are built from scratch. And just so you know....even the AP poll could flip for no reason. Those top three teams are separated by the slimmest of margins:

#1 LSU 1,476 points
#2 Alabama 1,474 points
#3 Ohio State 1,468 points

Last week Alabama was #1 with 1,486. LSU with 1,462. OSU with 1,429. All it would take this weekend, is for a voter or two to switch around a couple of those top teams for the top three to change completely. Again....completely irrelevant to CFP rankings....but you probably get my point by now. Those three could be in any order when the CFP rankings are released.

4 of the top 5 teams in the AP/Coaches are on BYE this week.

Clemson is the only one playing a game, and it's a stinker against a FCS (DI-AA) team at home. They won't jump into the top 2.

6-10 are all 1-loss teams. Georgia Florida, who play each other, Oregon and Utah both travel for tough road games against unranked teams (USC and Washington), and then Oklahoma has a BYE. None of those are going to jump into the top 2.

I’m talking about the CFP, not the AP or Coaches. Very good chance LSU and OSU will be 1-2. But thanks for reading.

They weren't going to come to the Michigan game in 2003. They were in Tallahassee for #2 Miami vs. #5 FSU.

Also, we played on Friday night. Everyone forget that already?

If we're 11-0 we would already have clinched it over Wisconsin at 9-2. The loss to Illinois did them in, knowing full well they were never going to beat Ohio St.

Nonetheless, it may still be the most interesting game being played on a Saturday that weekend. On paper, the two other contenders would be Alabama Auburn and Michigan Ohio State. But the latter is a 11am and on FOX. I assume Iron Bowl will be on CBS, but that obviously didn't stop them from going to Alabama LSU this week.

fmlizard said that in the last line of the post...

You laid out facts with regard to the AP poll. And you still don't seem to understand that the CFP rankings are different. All I said was that the other polls don't hold water. Alabama, LSU, Ohio State are the clear 1, 2, 3. They could be placed in any order.

You're like a small child having trouble concentrating. And I'm not going to wager a month on the football board with a bit who's been here for less than a year. I think most posters would just prefer if you were gone.

Agree. Those three are essentially a toss-up as far as the order. I think Clemson is in danger of being initially placed #5, behind PSU...there is a marked difference in current SOS between them, and Clemson's will drop more with its matchup today.

I'm sorry if I've been a little abrasive this morning.....but you've been spewing misinformation. The AP and the CFP polls are different. The CFP rankings are not an adjustment of the AP poll. They are built from scratch. And just so you know....even the AP poll could flip for no reason. Those top three teams are separated by the slimmest of margins:

#1 LSU 1,476 points
#2 Alabama 1,474 points
#3 Ohio State 1,468 points

Last week Alabama was #1 with 1,486. LSU with 1,462. OSU with 1,429. All it would take this weekend, is for a voter or two to switch around a couple of those top teams for the top three to change completely. Again....completely irrelevant to CFP rankings....but you probably get my point by now. Those three could be in any order when the CFP rankings are released.

I apologize if I made you angry or frustrated. Was not my goal, truly.

I do know the difference between the AP/Coaches and the CFP rankings. I do know that, ostensibly the CFP committee is supposed to throw the previous rankings out the window and rank solely on perceived merit. I know that Ohio State has a valid case to be top 2.

I just don’t believe them. I think Bama LSU will be top 2.

Top Bottom