Kirk Herbstreit on Gameday today: "We'll be in Tuscaloosa next week"

How what played out? It's not as if something was promised and then taken away. Gameday never said or even intimated it was coming here. We didn't get screwed over. We didn't get jerked around. That no announcement about next week's site was made before this morning is because the show usually doesn't reveal a location more than a week ahead of schedule due to the setting usually being contingent upon results or in this case to not overshadow the school hosting the week beforehand.

As diehard fans, we are invested in what a big story the Gophers' season has been so far and certainly people around college football are watching, but we are a curiosity. LSU vs. Alabama is without question the bigger story as the 26th ever meeting of the #1 and #2 teams during the regular season. That ESPN is going there should come as no surprise and whether it was two SEC teams, two PAC-12 teams or a conference team hosting Notre Dame, that would always be the story and where Gameday would go.

The U of M seriously campaigned for the game for about a week if we use PJ Fleck commenting about it as the starting point. Washington State had its flag flying in the crowd for 15 years before circumstances finally enabled a visit of Gameday to Pullman. If we stay good, the show will come here, perhaps as soon as the Wisconsin game. Campaigning for it won't hurt. Saying no if Gameday someday wanted to visit in the future because the show went to Alabama this time would not be showing self respect, just pettiness over a perceived insult that absolutely wasn't one at all.

I agree with this. Well written

Highest rated compared to what? Dog doo?

You say “the worst of the 4 daily shows on KFAN”. I say “and the highest rated”. And you ask “compared to what”???

Seriously Dude, it is really hard to carry on a conversation with you if you are going to be that slow.

Compared to the other 3 daily shows on KFAN. I’ll PM you the sign language response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d argue it’s the Vikings by a pretty wide margin. And I’m a huge Vikings fan too.

I am a Vikings fan too and I don’t think it’s even close.

Gopher fans take the sensitivity to a whole different level.

And there is and has been fan apathy for a very long time.

Because they've had 1 good season in the past 15 years and 5 head coaches in the past 10 years.

There's been way more energy this year and if they can hit 10 regular season wins this year that will lead to increased energy next year.

Because they've had 1 good season in the past 15 years and 5 head coaches in the past 10 years.

There's been way more energy this year and if they can hit 10 regular season wins this year that will lead to increased energy next year.

Agree.

I don’t care about Game Day but it does give great exposure to the school and program. I want our game to be so fantastic (in our favor obvs) that they regret not coming. I want the Gophers to have clinched the West before the Wisconsin game.

Agree with this. However, I do hope Fleck is actually able to use this a little bulletin board material to get the team lathered about about the national media not respecting them kind of stuff. Whatever works for the extra edge.

You say “the worst of the 4 daily shows on KFAN”. I say “and the highest rated”. And you ask “compared to what”???

Seriously Dude, it is really hard to carry on a conversation with you if you are going to be that slow.

Compared to the other 3 daily shows on KFAN. I’ll PM you the sign language response.

Oh boy.....you should tone down the smugness if you plan to be wrong, dog doo.

Assuming he signs a long term extension to stay here, which I think is a strong possibility.

Anyplace can. It is about who gets it done.

Not sure if you’re agreeing with me or disagreeing.

My point was, if Brookings, SD can pack the background of the GameDay filming with people (and it was packed), then we certainly would be able to!

We beat PSU, Game Day will come to Minny for our last game of the season! The Border Axe Show Down!

LSU and ‘Bama are on CBS, the network means nothing. They should have come for MI at MN in 2003 and didn’t. They should come next weekend. At this point I say don’t come. Let’s be the only campus they haven’t been to. F ‘em. I’m fine with holding that monicker as they continue to dwindle sites ignoring us. They’ve been to Tuscaloosa 46 times. That’s simply ridiculous. They’ve been at the LSU vs. Alabama game 11 times. They’ve been at a game with LSU in it 3 times already this year. They simply don’t have an interest in us. Last week of the season is rivalry week and I’m willing to bet they go elsewhere. They should sell season tickets to Gameday in Tuscaloosa.

Michigan ‘03 was a Friday night game because of the Twins.

Oh boy.....you should tone down the smugness if you plan to be wrong, dog doo.

Well, I don’t seem to be able to find ratings per show, but if DB isn’t still the highest rated of those 4 daily shows on KFAN that would be news to me. Please send me a link and I’ll acknowledge I was wrong. Sorry, I’m not gonna take your word for it.

And Barriero is right. This is by far the most sensitive fan base in town.

Coming from a guy who can’t accept any criticism, yea right.

The gophers have been the brunt of criticism from the “pro sports” media for decades. The fans are bound to be a little sensitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I don’t seem to be able to find ratings per show, but if DB isn’t still the highest rated of those 4 daily shows on KFAN that would be news to me. Please send me a link and I’ll acknowledge I was wrong. Sorry, I’m not gonna take your word for it.

I didn't make the claim, dog doo. Barriero sucks. Only worth listening to when he has a guest.

Kirk Herbstreit on Gameday today: "We'll be in Tuscaloosa next week"

Coming from a guy who can’t accept any criticism, yea right.

The gophers have been the brunt of criticism from the “pro sports” media for decades. The fans are bound to be a little sensitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the point is proven.

Last edited:

You didn’t?

So I wasn’t wrong?

I said Barriero sucks and you said that he was the highest rated. 404: evidence not found.

Must be tough to act so smug while being so mentally slow.

I think it's rich that the Mpls Media is calling out Gopher fans as being sensitive because of not getting quality coverage of the Gophers.

Vikings fans are still sensitive about "bountygate" from 2009.
Also, ask them what they think about Joe Buck. (That goes back to the 2004 playoffs).

(And I'm a Vikings fan as well, but I've even grown tired of the above two items).

Top Bottom