How long have you been on Gopherhole? Thanks to all who have contributed.

McGopherFan

Reaction score
Good to see some new posters. Please for all let us know how long you've been reading/lurking or actually on the board, if the join date by your name is not fully reflective of your involvement.

I have always had the same handle/name, and my join date should go back to the original board format possibly five or slightly more years before the join date indicated in my name corner. I am not though a charter/original member. I followed for a long time before I started posting.

I love to see some classic names from the original board on a regular basis.

I know some of the Original/charter members moved to other/paid boards. I am aware that a few to too many have season tickets in the big Memorial Stadium.

I dropped off for awhile, but have engaged more again this season. Selective blocking does make the board more enjoyable.

Ski U Mah! Go Gophers! - Dave

Ive been around posting for about a decade, been lurking since about 2004 or 2005. Graduated from the U in 1998, lived through the JW years...:)

Lurking and rarely posting since the Mason era. Very few posts. You're welcome for that.

Last edited:

Started lurking after we lost our NCAA tournament game to Xavier in March 2010. Remembered hearing from friends before that season about how that Trevor Mbakwe, Royce White, Rodney Williams class was going to take us to the next level. Started posting around the start of football season a few months later. That was the year the team withstood the brutal humidity of Murfreesboro to beat Middle Tennessee State before losing to South Dakota and Jerry Kill's Northern Illinois. Feel like there were some debates about whether it was our worst team of all time, and wondering how many years it would be before we won a conference game again. I think those same debates popped up again around the same time the next year too.

8-0 feels very, very good. :)

Joined summer of 2010. I was ready for Maturi to finally get rid of the dumpster fire he hired. He finally did and hired Kill. Since 2012 there has never been a better time to be a Gopher fan in my 47 years!

Ricky Foggie and Darrell Thompson started my Gopher Football fandom and it was rekindled under Kill with a few highlights in the Mason era. I was at the Insight Bowl vs Texas Tech as I’ve lived in AZ since 2000. My wife asked me why we were leaving before overtime started and I said because it’s a forgone conclusion. My buddy called me after it went final and I said if I was the AD I’d go down to the locker room right now and fire the coach. My buddy called a day or two later to tell me they fired Mason.

Eric Kaler was the best thing that happened to Gopher Football since the 1960’s, followed by Jerry Kill, Mark Coyle, and PJ Fleck! Row the Boat Gopher Nation!!!! Ski U Mah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1996 since the days Jason Groth ran it. Found it searching the web in the Territorial Hall computer lab during the 1996-97 epic basketball season.

I have been here since the beginning. I changed my name from missougopher to rugger14 in 2008.

I've been a member since November 2008. I was a lurker for awhile before, but don't remember how long that was. Probably a few months.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Somewhere around 1998. Wren, Loon, Pac10Sucks, 9, were some early posters I remember.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Previous name and join date was from 2016. Fan since 1972 as a young kid going to games at Memorial Stadium with Dad. Hated the dome but love TCF Bank Stadium. I am a season ticket holder.

Since 1998 or so. Different name I can't remember...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good to see some new posters. Please for all let us know how long you've been reading/lurking or actually on the board, if the join date by your name is not fully reflective of your involvement.

I have always had the same handle/name, and my join date should go back to the original board format possibly five or slightly more years before the join date indicated in my name corner. I am not though a charter/original member. I followed for a long time before I started posting.

I know some of the Original/charter members moved to other/paid boards. I am aware that a few to too many have season tickets in the big Memorial Stadium.

I dropped off for awhile, but have engaged more again this season. Selective blocking does make the board more enjoyable.

98 or 99. The old Gopher Gridiron days.

Sorry to hear Bob39 passed away.

Got swept in at the beginning of the Jerry Kill era.

High moments - Jerry Kill cleaning up the program and helping push the Athletic Village to finish line, and PJ Fleck right now!

Low moments - Norwood Teague, Jerry Kill's struggle with epilepsy, the sex scandal, GHers who have departed.

August of 2013. I read most everyday, in season. A lot of days off season. I’ve enjoyed it all. There are some great posters on this sight.

I go back to somewhere at the beginning of Gopher Hole when it was a site for just basketball, maybe around 1996. Clem Haskins was still the coach. I've met a few of the oldtimers here in person, including the guy how started Gopher Hole. I had a different moniker at the beginning, don't remember what it was.

As a side, we were considered a basketball school by many at that time. When Glen Mason came here from Kansas a remember may of their fans saying he would never last here either because Minnesota was a basketball school like them.

Last edited:

2004 maybe? I know I was here by the time the refusal to fire Dan Monson after gering blown out in an NIT fame in Cincinnati.

Since 96-97. I don’t post as much as some, but I’ve been reading it in all its forms since then.

Mostly lurking since about 2000. Been obsessed with Gopher basketball since Musselman.

Been following Gopherhole since the early days. Had a login but rarely posted and couldn’t remember it. Recently created a new login.

I have been a huge Gopher fan or all sports since the late 60’s and early 70’s when my father would take me to football and hockey games. Have had season football tickets since attending the U back in the early 80’s. Also had season hockey tickets for 25-30 years dating back to the old Mariucci. Dropped them a couple years ago due to the price, switch to BigTen, and poor play.

Loved the steps that Glenn Mason made. Great offensive teams but questionable defensive teams. Very disappointed that he did little to sell the program to fans especially during the off season.

Extremely thrilled with the Jerry Kill direction and devastated that he had to step down due to health reasons. Wish he could enjoy what’s happening here because I feel he set the foundation.

Beyond thrilled with PJ Fleck and where this program is and appears to be going. Love what he stands for and that he is building good men above and beyond good football players.

I joined in 1998 under the name MarkMark98. Still look at the site each and every day.

Somewhere around 1998. Wren, Loon, Pac10Sucks, 9, were some early posters I remember.

Same for me. Wasn’t Big Al who was rallying fans to get on the train?

Every now and again since way back when.
I was wrendahl first, but that wasn’t my worst.
Renegade Rambler followed just plain “wren...”

I’d come and I’d go as the moderators all know.
At times had so much fun the mobbers and bashers got undone.
but always came back in time to post and to play the concerns of the day.
And though most would frown, never did let the ba$tards get me down.

From wren to the ghost, roskolnekov tried to post
As eyeinthesky, the months just flew by.
Monikers may come and then have to go...
imthewalrus these days and on GH this Gopher Fan still plays.

Gopher fans age, but GOPHER HOLE never gets old!

Beat PSU and the stinking Hawkeye & the stinking badger too GOPHER.

Last edited:

2003 or 2004, been WadeHokenson all along. Gone through three or four different site hosts, but been regularly checking and following ever since. Posting much less these days.

All-Time favorite poster: JohnnyGopher

Late 90’s as well when Jason Groth ran the board. Love the recruiting info

Top Bottom