How long have you been on Gopherhole? Thanks to all who have contributed.

Started in 2008

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I joined right around the time Mason was fired.

I have lurked here for longer than I can recall. I have lived out of state for 25 years. Gopherhole is great about compiling local news/commentary, so it helps me stay on top of things.

I am a Morris alumna; however, I worked at the MN Daily while I took some TC graduate classes in the mid-90s.

I have been a Division I Gopher sports fan forever. :)

I started posting here in 2005.

Alumni. Wife is an alumnus. Dad is an alumnus.
Season ticket holder since 1999. Attended 5 bowls.
I used to be a frequent poster, but I now sit back and observe much more than I participate.

I found the site during Rick Rickert's recruitment, probably in 2000 sometime.

Been here since late 90s. Don't post much but mostly appreciate the banter, insight and opinions.

1996 since the days Jason Groth ran it. Found it searching the web in the Territorial Hall computer lab during the 1996-97 epic basketball season.

This is me as well. Might have been 1998. Definitely back in the Groth days. One of first things I ever found on the net that I really loved reading!

Long time first time! Been lurking for 20? Yrs or so.

Graduated 1984. Had season hockey tics for 3 yrs. Biggest regret is I only went to 1 football game and 1 basketball game as a student. Last home game attended was when we won the axe in the Homer dome in 03 and haven’t been to the Bank yet (shame) but it’s on the list. Saw us lose twice in Madison and 3 times at Northwestern. Have tickets to see us at Iowa and NW this year and have taken Dec 7th off for the BIG Championship game if we make it that far.

My kids went to Kaneland HS where P.J. helped win 2 state titles. I became aware of him after that when my kids were there. I saw him speak once at his old HS coach’s retirement ceremony (one of my kids and many others were being recognized for some honor at that same event)

The beloved Gopher has far surpassed all my other favorite teams in importance to me including my oldest love, the Cubs. If the Cubs can win the World Series I have faith that the Gophers could someday win the natty.

Thanks all for posting here, you keep me up to date on all things Gophers!

Row the boat, Ski u Mah and Go Gophers!

I stumbled across the old rivals version of the board sometime late in the 2002 season, probably around the time I was inspired to drive to Nashville a day or two before the Music City Bowl vs. Arkansas. I think I applied to post while I was down there or when I returned after the game.

In those old low tech days, when traveling for games or otherwise, I used to log on to the Gopher boards on the computers the hotels put in the lobby "business centers". That era almost seems like the typewriter days now, although you still can log into a public computer in the lobby, even though iphone replaced the need for that.

Last edited:

I stumbled to the old rivals version of the board sometime late in the 2002 season, probably around the time I was inspired to drive to Nashville a day or two before the Music City Bowl vs. Arkansas. I think I applied to post while I was down there or when I returned after the game.

In those old low tech days, when traveling for games or otherwiseI used to log on to the Gopher boards on the computers the hotels put in the lobby "business centers". That era almost seems like the typewriter days, although you still can log into a public computer in the lobby, even though iphone replaced the need for that.

So true ! You just described what getting any sports info was like.

Always used the same moniker.

Actually got started by posting in the "comments" section for Strib articles back when Kent Youngblood was the Gophers beat writer. Often found myself disagreeing with Wren.....
It was in the Strib comments section that I first saw mentions of Gopher Hole.
Came over, lurked for a while, then signed up and started participating.

There are days I get really upset with certain posters - more often on the Off Topic Board - and vow I'm going to quit, but I keep coming back.

I quit booze and pot, but I can't quit the Hole.

I go back to the days of the old Golden Gopher Gridiron days. I think I remember the hiring of Mason being discussed back then

I’ve been on this board forever.

I recall back when we were all debating the merits of Bernie Bierman abandoning the greatest dynasty in college football history to fight the nazi bastards in wwii.

I’m a big fan of the improvements to the layout that have been made since then.

Top Bottom