10:00 A.M. open time

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
called Sally's and BWW and they told me they aren't opening until 10:00 a.m. next Saturday?
that cant be right, right?
I went to the 2016 Iowa game (also 11:00 a.m. game time). I remember getting to BWW super early, like before 8:00.
(froze my butt off, it was like 30 degrees in early October.)

Hopefully the ladies I spoke with were wrong.

Our experience is that businesses right at the stadium do not find enough bump in customers for 11 am starts to open early.

Tailgating does compete here too.

would I be able to buy a 30 pack, uber to the stadium and just walk around drinking beer? obviously in the tailgating areas.
I'm flying in, wont have a rental car to really tailgate.

Stubbs is an option

called Sally's and BWW and they told me they aren't opening until 10:00 a.m. next Saturday?
that cant be right, right?
I went to the 2016 Iowa game (also 11:00 a.m. game time). I remember getting to BWW super early, like before 8:00.
(froze my butt off, it was like 30 degrees in early October.)

Hopefully the ladies I spoke with were wrong.

Sally's isn't the Sally's you might remember anymore.

Stubbs is an option even if the pee trophs downstairs reek. There is always Blarney's in Dinkytown that is pretty good and it is a reasonable walk.
You can always hit up the Macnamara Alumni center they sell beer, wine,snacks or the Goal Line Tailgate at Williams arena if you don't want to walk from those establishments.
I am surprised about BWW, they usually open there out door parking lot earlier than the indoor building at 10 AM at least they used too.
I would bet the lady at BWW is wrong there is always Tommy Oslon' tailgate in the large parking lot outside BWW during pre-game.

Stubb's open at 730 am

would I be able to buy a 30 pack, uber to the stadium and just walk around drinking beer? obviously in the tailgating areas.

I wanna party with you, man. Let it be known on this board where you are closer to the game and I'm sure you'll find some good tailgating scene.

Absolutely. Many tailgates would take you in in that setting

For sure. Have done this before with a 12 pack. Get to meet a lot of nice people.

Absolutely. If you find yourself in the RV lot (Victory Lot) look for the RV in my avatar, you're more than welcome to hang out.

Pro tip:

They look down on that activity when it isn't game day and your stumbling around yelling/ or mumbling about past games gone wrong....

Top Bottom