Dynasty map and good news

OddStack

Reaction score
1. Georgia Southern is now 5-3 and beat previously unbeaten, #20 App. State. This helps the Gophers a bit.
2. It's entertaining to look at the Dynasty map every year.
Here are a couple of observations: a. PSU could be huge for the dynasty map in addition to the obvious
b. Illinois is gobbling up chunks of land!

https://imgur.com/a/pjfltwh

Last edited:

1. Georgia Southern is now 5-3 and beat previously unbeaten, #20 App. State. This helps the Gophers a bit.
Here are a couple of observations: a. PSU could be huge for the dynasty map in addition to the obvious
b. Illinois is gobbling up chunks!

If I remember correctly, GSU beating App States land does not help us on the empire map. A team needs to own the land when we beat them for us to claim it. So, GSU will now own App States land.

If I remember correctly, GSU beating App States land does not help us on the empire map. A team needs to own the land when we beat them for us to claim it. So, GSU will now own App States land.

I was saying it helps in terms of strength of schedule and perception. However, you are correct as Illinois wouldn't have any land as it'd be forfeited to us. I meant these to be two separate things.

I was saying it helps in terms of strength of schedule and perception. However, you are correct as Illinois wouldn't have any land as it'd be forfeited to us. I meant these to be two separate things.

Gotcha, I thought they were all in the same thought process.

We can get quite a bit of land if we beat PSU, but after that we won't get any until the Big Ten title game at the earliest.

I'm lost. I used to understand this map. Why does Illinois have so many spots and we're only in our region? Where are the places we've beaten, like Illinois, Indiana, Jersey, Maryland, etc?

I'm lost. I used to understand this map. Why does Illinois have so many spots and we're only in our region? Where are the places we've beaten, like Illinois, Indiana, Jersey, Maryland, etc?

If a team loses the week before we play them, they won't own any territory for us to win. That was the case with Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, etc.

None of the teams we beat "owned" their land when we beat them, so our empire has not expanded at all the entire year.

When Illinois beat Wisconsin they took all the land that Wisconsin had, and have yet to lose since then.

Basically the season starts and every school has land close to its campus and/or where most of their fans are. Minnesota hasn't gained any land yet this year because other schools we beat have already lost their land. So basically let's go back earlier and see when Minnesota beats Fresno State. Had Fresno State been undefeated up until that point, we would have earned their land. However, they had lost to USC, so USC won their land first, meaning Minnesota could no longer pick that up.

Illinois had no land left because of their earlier losses. However, by defeating Wisconsin they were able to take that land.

Keep in mind this all started just as a way to shoot the breeze on Reddit, though, so it's all for fun. :drink:

We win, we get Iowa, part of Pennsylvania, and a bunch of New England.

Who did BYU beat to get all of that land in South Dakota/Nebraska? We were South Dakota State's first opponent so we won all of their land which seems like it should be a ton considering they're in the middle of nowhere.

Oregon with some big chunks. Got them on upset alert this weekend.

Who did BYU beat to get all of that land in South Dakota/Nebraska? We were South Dakota State's first opponent so we won all of their land which seems like it should be a ton considering they're in the middle of nowhere.

Boise State

GoGophersUMN said:
We were South Dakota State's first opponent so we won all of their land which seems like it should be a ton considering they're in the middle of nowhere.

The map starts with BCS teams only.

b. Illinois is gobbling up chunks of land!

Who starts out with Alaska? Washington?

Who starts out with Alaska? Washington?

Correct. Here's a week by week:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/gp1KlHD"><a href="//imgur.com/a/gp1KlHD"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom