Northwestern road trip

Stay in Chicago. Take the train up there to the game. Take a roadie on the train. We hit the bars near the stadium. After the game we went back to Chicago and did downtown Chicago. Pizza was fabulous.

I don't think the CTA Purple Line runs on Saturday. Take the Metra Train. Got burned by that a few years back.

I don't think the CTA Purple Line runs on Saturday. Take the Metra Train. Got burned by that a few years back.

I have been to 4 Gophers games in Evanston, each of them on a Saturday, and I have taken the purple line to the game each time. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I have made this trip several times. The Purple doesn't run all the way downtown on Saturdays, but you can take the Red north from Chicago to the Howard station and then switch to the Purple line up to Central.

I have made this trip several times. The Purple doesn't run all the way downtown on Saturdays, but you can take the Red north from Chicago to the Howard station and then switch to the Purple line up to Central.

This is the correct answer.

From the Loop the “L” will take 45 min to an hour with the redline transfer to purple line at Hubbard.

Tickets are super cheap on seat geek. Pat McAfee has a promo code running that is $20 off $30 or more for first time users. Kind of nice if you are bringing a group. Tickets look to be around $7-8 on seat geek so you could get 4 for about $12 total in the 120’s with the code.

I wish I could make it, but I have other obligations in town that evening. I'm a little tempted to take an early flight Saturday morning, and then catch the 3:50 PM flight out back to Minneapolis, but that's crazy talk.

Leaving on Friday, Mentally already on my way to Chicago. RTB Ski-U-Mah!

I really wanted to do this one but I'm flying elsewhere on Sunday so ... oh well.

If you just train, Take the metra to Evanston. Much easier than the el

I know they have them in the Twin Cities now, but always great to get some Portillo's when in Chicago.

From the Alumni Association:
Gopher Fan Events at Northwestern

Friday and Saturday, Nov. 22-23

Friday Night Fan Gathering, 7 p.m.
The Other Side Bar, 2434 N Clark Street, Chicago
Gather with fellow alumni and friends the night before the game at our official Gopher football bar in Chicago. Free admission and a free drink to the first 75 Gopher fans to arrive.

Saturday Pregame 'Sota Social, 8:30-11 a.m.
Bat 17, 1709 Benson Ave., Evanston
Come together with alumni, fans and friends to get ready for the game at Bat 17, just seven minutes from Ryan Field and one block from Davis Station (Purple Line). Free admission - food and drink on your own.

Top Bottom