Poll: What is the best football moment of the season so far?

What is your favorite football moment of the season so far?

• Rashod Bateman 1 handed TD catch vs SDSU

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tanner Morgan to Chris Autman-Bell in the corner of the end zone vs Fresno St

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • Antoine Winfield game sealing TD vs Fresno St

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • Tyler Johnson 3 TDs vs Georgia Southern, including game winner

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tanner Morgan 21/22, 396yds, 4 TD vs Purdue

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Running game goes off for 332 yards vs Illinois

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Nebraska players wear hoodies pre-game, Gophers embarrass them on the field.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Coney Durr take INT 72 yards for a TD vs Maryland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I purposely excluded Casey O'Brien from the list because that transcends football. I think basically everyone here agrees that is the best moment of the season.

Also, I tried to take moments, not full games. Some are hard because the body of work for the game is what is so impressive. But I avoided "crushed Maryland" cause we all enjoyed that but it doesn't stand out.

Last edited:

Bell's TD...without that catch we lose that game and who knows where our season would be at this point.

It's absolutely crazy to think back on how much that Fresno State TD matters to where the team is today. If that throw is just a few inches off, if Crab's foot is just a little bigger, who knows what kind of team we'd have today.

Bell's TD...without that catch we lose that game and who knows where our season would be at this point.

I agree completely, but it is fun to take a moment or two from each game.

Morgan went 21/22, nearly 400 yards and we don't even talk about it. Crazy season.

Great list! How can you pick one over the others? Each one amazing.

What a thrill ride this season has been!

Steamrolling Nebraska. After all the preseason talk it was good to take back the Chair in convincing fashion.

Can you change AWj's game sealing TD to game sealing INT?

Can we add this one: (eventually) converting 3rd-and-forever, from the shadow of our own goalposts, with no timeouts remaining, to keep our desperation, last-minute drive alive against GSU?

Can we add this one: (eventually) converting 3rd-and-forever, from the shadow of our own goalposts, with no timeouts remaining, to keep our desperation, last-minute drive alive against GSU?

That was impressive! Whew!

You forgot Shannon Brooks running in a game-winning TD late in the 4th quarter against PSU!

Lots of good choices but have to go with Morgan to CAB against Fresno State. Watching it live I thought there was no chance in he!! he got his foot down in bounds.

Illinois losing to Wisconsin was fun.

Nebraska getting pounded by Minnesota was fun.
Nebraska getting pounded by Ohio state was fun.

Individual moment has to be the ga southern catch. Without it, who knows where we are.
Maybe 7-1. But even if 7-1 probably unranked.

Damn. That was an impressive pair of plays to convert that and keep the dream alive.

Georgia Southern beating Appalachian State.

For me it was Nebraska. I love to see Scott Frost’s smug face looking like a deer in the headlights.

I voted for Tanner's day vs. Purdue. I felt that game and his performance gave us a good glimpse at what this team was capable of but hadn't shown yet up to that point. It's sounds strange to say that a game could turn a season around when the team is undefeated, but the pre-Purdue vibe is totally different than post-Purdue. At least for me.

For me it was Nebraska. I love to see Scott Frost’s smug face looking like a deer in the headlights.

Frost postgame presser is a top 10 moment.

(I voted for CAB's catch).

Yeah, that was priceless.

He really seemed to have been blindsided by the way that game turned out; it was as if he had never even considered the possibility that Minnesota might be a tough opponent.

I voted 21/22. I was at that game in IN and enjoyed that as much as anything else this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey O'Brien getting to be the holder at Rutgers. Hands down.

Go Gophers!!

The Winfield INT

The last time I was that amped for an individual play was Aaron Hill’s fumble recovery against IU in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted for Tanner's day vs. Purdue. I felt that game and his performance gave us a good glimpse at what this team was capable of but hadn't shown yet up to that point. It's sounds strange to say that a game could turn a season around when the team is undefeated, but the pre-Purdue vibe is totally different than post-Purdue. At least for me.

I also picked Tanner's moment against Purdue for almost the exact same reasons. Take nothing away from the other moments listed but we've seen great catches before....we've seen great INT's before. But we've never seen 21 for 22 and 370+ yards before. The Purdue game was an eye opener.

I don’t know how you expect us to choose one...probably have to go with the perfect throw/catch to CAB

All those highlight reel moments are great and they helped catapult the Gophers to 8-0.

However, the special moment was the Casey O'Brien holds and the embrace with PJ Fleck. I have to say this has a lot of symbolism for the entire team.

Last edited:

This is a great list of awesome moments. It's a tough choice but I went with Antoine's interception. He just appeared out of nowhere. The footage still amazes me. ZOOOOOOM there he is! I totally agree on the perception of the season changing with Tanner's performance at Purdue. A CAB's touchdown - amazing! We've been blessed by the football gods. These things don't happen to the Gophers.

Way to many to pick one. How about the closing drive to beat Georgia Southern. 3rd and 29 from your own 5 and you go down and win the game

Top Bottom