The 3 Most “Overrated” Teams In The Week 10 Coaches’ Poll (Baylor, Minnesota, Texas)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Matt:

No. 13 Minnesota

P.J. Fleck’s team is 8-0 and that is a tremendous accomplishment at Minnesota. The Golden Gophers have beaten everyone they’ve faced thus far, but the road is about to get much rockier. A loss to Penn State should be coming up on November 9 and Minnesota also has to travel to Iowa and host Wisconsin. Record-wise, the Golden Gophers are probably where they should be but we think teams behind them like Michigan and Wisconsin are better.

https://thespun.com/college-football/most-overrated-teams-week-10-coaches-poll

Go Gophers!!

This is wildly kind and optimistic compared to Gopher “fans” on social media.

I'd like to say he is an idiot, but he's dead on in his assessment.

If the Gophers beat Penn State, the fans should chant "Underrated!"

He thinks Wisconsin is better, but we didnt crap the bed against Illinois.
In the four prior games, we were on the verge of doing so. Our defense has improved recently but after watching both teams, I would agree that Wisconsin has played better than us at this point. However, this does appear to be changing.

We have played better each week and developed balance as games have been played. This is a must for a teams who want to peak in November. We have created opportunity and for once, getting a few bounces go our way.

Let them all think that, esp. Penn St, Iowa and Wisconsin. As far as I'm concerned the Gophers are "playing with house money" as the saying goes. No one expects them to win more than 1 of the next 4. The team can play loose. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose as far as expectations go.

per Matt:

No. 13 Minnesota

P.J. Fleck’s team is 8-0 and that is a tremendous accomplishment at Minnesota. The Golden Gophers have beaten everyone they’ve faced thus far, but the road is about to get much rockier. A loss to Penn State should be coming up on November 9 and Minnesota also has to travel to Iowa and host Wisconsin. Record-wise, the Golden Gophers are probably where they should be but we think teams behind them like Michigan and Wisconsin are better.

https://thespun.com/college-football/most-overrated-teams-week-10-coaches-poll

Go Gophers!!

Fair assessment based on our schedule to date. He isn't saying we shouldn't be rated just that there might be some teams below us that should be ahead of us. Going to be that way until we beat some quality teams, luckily we will get the opportunity to earn our ranking with our schedule over the remainder of the season.

hope the team continues to be the worst undefeated team in college football. for many weeks to come

Just keep telling us that we are the worst of this group and the worst undefeated football team in the Country. We, embrace who we are at Minnesota. We are always overrated, never good enough for people to follow, we are just lowly Minnesota, always have a weak schedule, and just the Gophers in College Football.

Those, no good same "ole" Gophers I have heard this crap for years and keep disputing it and will always believe the Gophers can climb the mountain.
Keep moving the goalpost and keep doubting, media naysayers, skeptics I run in to them all of the time the bad mouther's like Chad Hartman and Reusse.

Not this bunch, they are different breed and different animal, I have seen the grit and never say quit or cry uncle in this group at the games. They are a brotherhood, not afraid of success and what comes with it, these guy's do not doubt themselves or how good they truly are. The Gophers are going to beat Penn State I have no doubt in my mind this is going to happen.

Since getting our new Defensive Coordinator, the Gophers have gone 11-1.

Vs the Big 5 Conf opponents, we have gone 8-1. In those 9 games, the Gophers have outscored their opponents 332-131.

Winning margins of the last 5 games, in order went from 7 to 23 to 27 to 35 to 42, so basically very comfortable wins and each week they seem to be playing better. And the first 3 games of the season showed that the team knows how to win, even when it seems like victory is slipping through their fingers. Some would call that CLUTCH. The opposite of chokers.

If you go back to last season, the last 12 games, 3 games were wins of over 30 points, 4 games were wins of over 20 points, 4 close wins, and the only loss was to last year's Big West Champ.

I think the team improved greatly after the switch to the new coordinator, and then after a slow start this season, they seem to be figuring things out more and more each week.

Maybe we haven't proven anything yet this season, but we easily dispatched Wisconsin and Georgia Tech last year. Seems we are better this year? Both PSU and UW are home games. I predicted 10-2 before the season, I'm thinking I was wrong, 11-1 might have been a better prediction. :)

11 in a row. 12-1 since the new DC came onboard. 9-1 vs P5 teams, outscored those Ten P5 team 363-157.

Among those 12 wins were 3 bowl bound teams to finish off last season, and 8-1 PSU and 6-4 Illinois so far this year, along with several other teams with the potential to go to bowl games(FSU, GSU, Purd and Neb).

And anybody out there who asks, "is that all?" I'd question every one of them as to who they have beaten?

Clemson? One win vs a 6-3. 2nd best win was vs 5-4 UL. I'll be cheering for both WF and S Car the next 2 weeks! (Charlotte & Wofford)

Bama? We all know they haven't beaten anyone better than TAM or S Cal. Neither with more than 6 wins. (NMSU, W Car & Duke)

Oregon? Best wins are over 6-4 S Cal & Wash. And of course they lost to Auburn. (Nevada & Montana)

Utah? Best win is vs 6-4 Wash. Couldn't even beat 6-4 S Cal. (BYU, NIU & Idaho St)

Okla? Best win is vs 6-3 Texas. Couldn't even beat 6-3 KSU. (UCLA, S Dak & Houston)

Florida? Best win is vs 7-2 Auburn. Only losses are to LSU and Georgia. ONLY team with a worthy resume so far. (Mia, UT-Martin & Towson)

Auburn? Best win is vs 8-1 Oregon, also beat TAM. Losses to LSU & Florida are understandable. (Kent St & Tulane)

Baylor? Best win is vs 6-3 KSU & 6-3 Okla St. (Rice, UTSA & SF Austin)

So I'd put up PSU as a better win than ANY of those teams mentioned above. And a win over 6-4 Illinois seems like a decent win when compared to all the 2nd best wins on that list.

And I'd put South Dakota St up against Charlotte, Wofford, Kent St, UTSA, Rice, SF-Austin, NMSU, S Miss, Nevada, Montana, NIU, Idaho St, BYU, UT-Martin, Towson, Houston, S Dakota and maybe even Miami, BYU, UCLA & Tulane.

And I'd also put Fresno St and Georgia Southern up against all of those teams as well. GSU was able to beat App St, so.... lol Hey, those 2 might not be able to beat ALL of those teams, but probably the majority of them.

So honestly, UMn could argue having one of the toughest OOC schedules among the teams ranked approximately #4-#12.

Top Bottom