Maroon Madness! Fans Encouraged to Wear Maroon on Nov. 9

It's dumb to try and do a maroon out once it's cold enough to need a jacket. It will flop. Should have just given out the towels.

It will flop because some of ya'll are so unwilling to make it work. By a cheap XXL t-shirt. Wrap a maroon blanket around you. Wear a maroon poncho. Give some effort.

A Maroon Out does make more sense in November than a Gold Out does. Gopher Sweaters and Jackets tend to be maroon rather than gold. I like to wear a large enough Gopher sweater for games like this that I can have layers of clothes underneath it.

Its really not that hard. At all. Layer up and wear maroon on the outside.

A Maroon Out does make more sense in November than a Gold Out does. Gopher Sweaters and Jackets tend to be maroon rather than gold. I like to wear a large enough Gopher sweater for games like this that I can have layers of clothes underneath it.

Agree 100% that encouraging people to wear Maroon and handing out Gold towels is way smarter then trying to do some form of gold out in November which would have no chance of being successful in cold temps.

If you get a vast majority of the crowd wearing Maroon and waving Gold towels it will still look very cool. Won't come anywhere close to the spectacle that a white out in Happy Valley is but I like that they are trying to do something special fan wise for this game. And again, handing out a gold towel to everyone is the only way to make something like that work so really glad they are doing that.

Program tries to do something to market the game, people complain. Yet those same people complain that the U doesn’t do enough. This isn’t that hard to get maroon on the outside people

Instead of towels why don't they hand out maroon parkas??

It's dumb to try and do a maroon out once it's cold enough to need a jacket. It will flop. Should have just given out the towels.

Fans have plenty of time to figure out their warm maroon outer shell. I appreciate the effort!

Fans have plenty of time to figure out their warm maroon outer shell. I appreciate the effort!
I would if I was going to be there. It's just our history with these things says they don't work even on a 70 degree day. Most fans aren't going to go buy something extra just for this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Maroon out won't work. But who gives a ****. Just get a full stadium. The focus is on the field.

I have to laugh. Thinking of what a failure all our “Gold-Out” attempts have been. Iowa gets fans to color code sections and we can’t even pull something like this off. We really do suck as fans here sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Program tries to do something to market the game, people complain. Yet those same people complain that the U doesn’t do enough. This isn’t that hard to get maroon on the outside people

Something about those accounts that show up as a group just to complain.

For a Maroon Out, we hand out gold towels?

When waving the towel it will resemble the teams uniform layout. Gold towel above head=chrome gold helmet, maroon clothing=maroon jersey and pants

See pic
42e5300e8d878db25db249cc45671ff4.jpg

I had a black Gopher coat - couldn't wear that to Nebraska, so bought a gold one. Couldn't wear that against Iowa so bought a maroon one. Add in my maroon Gopher blanket. All set. I hope the fans put in some effort to make this work (although a cheap jumbo t-shirt waiting for the fans would be fantastic!).

I had a black Gopher coat - couldn't wear that to Nebraska, so bought a gold one. Couldn't wear that against Iowa so bought a maroon one. Add in my maroon Gopher blanket. All set. I hope the fans put in some effort to make this work (although a cheap jumbo t-shirt waiting for the fans would be fantastic!).

They don't even have to give them away. Just have cheap, $5 maroon shirts available for those who need it.

They don't even have to give them away. Just have cheap, $5 maroon shirts available for those who need it.

Someone should give out cheap maroon ... cloaks.

Bring back cloaks!

When I see fan bases do this, I think to myself, "What a bunch of maroons."

I have to laugh. Thinking of what a failure all our “Gold-Out” attempts have been. Iowa gets fans to color code sections and we can’t even pull something like this off. We really do suck as fans here sometimes.

It's simply amazing and pathetic. We play outside now people and have 2-3 home games in November every season. If you haven't found yourself some Maroon or Gold outerwear by now then you are the problem, not the projected temps.

I could be wrong but I think Iowa decides that well before the season. It might even be on the tickets which color you're supposed to wear.

I could be wrong but I think Iowa decides that well before the season. It might even be on the tickets which color you're supposed to wear.

Yeah it's a bit harder to coordinate when who will sit where is largely an unknown.

Yeah, our shots at doing a Gold Out over the years have been pathetic. Usually they are not well publicized or done at an inopportune time.

I like that they are getting the word out early and will hopefully continue to push for fans to wear Maroon over next week and a half leading up to the game itself. That combined with handing out the towels will hopefully make this one more of a success. Actually kind of jacked to see what that will look like with 50,000 waiving Gold towels....should look really cool.

Top Bottom