Maroon Madness! Fans Encouraged to Wear Maroon on Nov. 9

I've been complaining about this since before they moved outside, but why they don't sell a larger variety of Gopher-branded outerwear baffles me. I guess I can go on Fanatics and buy a black or gray midweight jacket with a small M on the chest, but that really does me no good here.

I've been complaining about this since before they moved outside, but why they don't sell a larger variety of Gopher-branded outerwear baffles me. I guess I can go on Fanatics and buy a black or gray midweight jacket with a small M on the chest, but that really does me no good here.

Agreed. I bought a Maroon down jacket a few years back because that is what you need to wear for 50% of our games. Would have bought U branded product if available. The one winter jacket they sell looks pretty medium weight to me, not warm enough.

I'm not wearing my hoodie sweatshirt to games anymore, SF says that makes me a wuss and I might get beat up.

Agreed. I bought a Maroon down jacket a few years back because that is what you need to wear for 50% of our games. Would have bought U branded product if available. The one winter jacket they sell looks pretty medium weight to me, not warm enough.

I'm not wearing my hoodie sweatshirt to games anymore, SF says that makes me a wuss and I might get beat up.

Maroon body paint is all real men wear in the cold.

If it's as cold as we're thinking I'll be in my black parka and loving it.

Biggest mistake yet!

Not going Full Banana.

For a Maroon Out, we hand out gold towels?

Done right it would actually look really cool. Problem we run into planning any sort of fan color wearing is the weather because people might not have a maroon winter jacket in most cases. Guess you could throw a shirt over the top of the coat but in Minnesota we might be better off trying to do a blaze orange out.... :)

50,000 fans waving gold towels has the potential to look really good. Glad they are giving the towels to every fan in attendance and not just select sections.

I think it’ll look pretty sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's actually a good idea.
Works with the CG-M-M uniforms we'll have.

Are the towels going to be Chrome Goldish or more of a yellow gold, or perhaps the Wacker-era Gold?

I'm sure, in clueless mn fashion, we'll have 20% in white tshirts.

Bookstore should have $5 t-Shirts in huge sizes (for over coats) available at tables in the stadium...

Done right it would actually look really cool. Problem we run into planning any sort of fan color wearing is the weather because people might not have a maroon winter jacket in most cases. Guess you could throw a shirt over the top of the coat but in Minnesota we might be better off trying to do a blaze orange out.... :)

50,000 fans waving gold towels has the potential to look really good. Glad they are giving the towels to every fan in attendance and not just select sections.

The Giving away of towels will help.

Will have to put that maroon sweatshirt over the coat instead of under it.

I think it's actually a good idea.
Works with the CG-M-M uniforms we'll have.

Are the towels going to be Chrome Goldish or more of a yellow gold, or perhaps the Wacker-era Gold?

Was CG-M-M announced? I think G-M-M would work too, and look nice. Both are great choices.

Nice...

The matchup will mark just the second time in Big Ten history in 40 years that two teams with at least an 8-0 record will face one another.

Don’t really see any way this works given the projected temperatures, but I do think everyone waving the towels will be pretty cool.

It's gonna be effing cold. People aren't going to buy new jackets and putting sweatshirts over big jackets doesn't work.

BUT, the jersey combo is SICK!

Sweet! I can wear my Maroon columbia Coat from Costco! No M on it, but it will still work.

Only way this is gonna work is if they drape a 3XL Maroon tshirt on every seat and ask people to put it on over their coats.

Top Bottom