NC State at Wake Forest
Nebraska at Purdue
Virginia Tech at Notre Dame
Georgia vs Florida
Miami at Fla State
SMU at Memphis
Oregon at USC
etc

It is a crappy week. When SMU @ Memphis is the juiciest game...

COME ON PURDUE!!

Seems like only yesterday we were discussing which of the "Young Guns" — Fleck, Frost, Brohm — would have more success.

I wonder if that discussion is over? I don't want to count chickens, but right now it's (obviously) no contest.

Purdue vs Nebraska is an interesting matchup. Nebraska and Frost seem to be flailing right now.

West Virginia at Baylor
Michigan at Maryland
NC State at Wake Forest
Nebraska at Purdue
Virginia Tech at Notre Dame
Georgia vs Florida
Miami at Fla State
SMU at Memphis
Oregon at USC
etc

Not a lot of games I expect to be competitive that really matter

Rooting for USC and Washington to knock off Oregon and Utah

Rooting for Florida, as I expect Georgia falls farther if they lose

Memphis knocking off SMU would be nice for us

Also rooting for Northwestern against Indiana, Illinois against Rutgers, and Maryland against Michigan to help out our SOS

Seems like only yesterday we were discussing which of the "Young Guns" — Fleck, Frost, Brohm — would have more success.

I wonder if that discussion is over? I don't want to count chickens, but right now it's (obviously) no contest.

Purdue vs Nebraska is an interesting matchup. Nebraska and Frost seem to be flailing right now.

Definitely not over. You have 10 more years of it and it will be discussed every year. There will be ups and downs. And several natty's for our squad.

Double bye week season...some bad weekends for football.

It is a crappy week. When SMU @ Memphis is the juiciest game...

Interesting that Minnesota, Penn St, Iowa, Wisconsin, Alabama, LSU, all have BYEs this week. Wonder if there is something to this week/end ?? Seems almost too coincidental?

Two big games tonight already.

Craziest part of the weekend to me.
There is only one game between pre expansion big ten teams this weekend.
Indiana vs Northwestern

I'm thinking USC beats Oregon. That will end the PAC 12's chance for the playoffs.

I'm thinking USC beats Oregon. That will end the PAC 12's chance for the playoffs.

Utah is still 7-1 and top 10 ranked.

But they have a similarly (in my opinion) tough task this week of traveling to Washington.

Utah is still 7-1 and top 10 ranked.

But they have a similarly (in my opinion) tough task this week of traveling to Washington.

If USC beats Oregon there is a pretty good chance Utah doesn’t win their division.
A pac 12 non conference champ will NOT be in the playoff

If USC beats Oregon there is a pretty good chance Utah doesn’t win their division.
A pac 12 non conference champ will NOT be in the playoff

Ah ... got it, Utah has already lost to SC.

Still theoretically possible for a 1-loss (11-1) Utah team that doesn't win the PAC champ game to make it. They win out, SC wins out, then SC beats Oregon in the champ game.

That would mean SC would be our opponent for the Rose Bowl, if that works out.

Yup, crappy schedule on paper, but CFB is amazing and will produce something unexpected/crazy/riveting which is why we'll all be watching! Personally, I'm interested in:

How bad is Nebraska?
How much will Michigan beat MD by?
How good are possible bowl opponents Wake Forest (Orange), Oregon (Rose), and Aurburn (Outback)? I haven't watched much of those teams because I have a hard time turning off B1G games.

Last edited:

Yep very possible that the Gophers gain 3 spots in the rankings by being idle if Georgia, Oregon, and Utah all lose.

Week 10 - Other Games Thread

The whole week is "Other Games" and some bad one at that. But for those of you desperate for your weekend of college football we have:

Thursday

A couple good ones.

West Virgina (Bad team) at Baylor (Unbeaten).
Go West Virginina!

Georgia Southern plays Appalachian State
App State is -14.5.
Take Georgia Southern. Let's hope they pull the upset.

Saturday

NC St @ Wake Forest
ACC is terrible

Nebraska at Purdue.
Which of these two PJ Fleck admirers will win?

Boston College at Syracuse
Syracuse was ranked earlier this year. (ACC Hype)

Va Tech at Notre Dame
ND will probably win, but it's always fun to see them lose, until they start talking about taking your coach!

Georgia at Florida.
Loser will be eliminated from CFP. Winner will be ranked in the top 4 moving down a couple Big Ten Teams.
Loser will remain ranked at what they are for having a quality loss.

Miami at Florida St. In the 90's this game mattered.

Wofford vs Clemson
Upset alert? Can't find the line on that one.

Utah vs Washington.
Utah losing would be good if the Gophers were concerned about being a 1 loss CFP contender.

SMU vs Memphis
Go Memphis. SMU losing would be good so they fall from the ranks of unbeatens.

That's all I have time for.

Just can’t bring myself to root for SMU losing. Story is too cool.

Would like to see them undefeated and get the G5 bid to the NY6.

Georgia at Florida.
Loser will be eliminated from CFP. Winner will be ranked in the top 4 moving down a couple Big Ten Teams.
Loser will remain ranked at what they are for having a quality loss.

What?! No way either move ahead of OSU or PSU.

Yup, crappy schedule on paper, but CFB is amazing and will produce something unexpected/crazy/riveting which is why we'll all be watching! Personally, I'm interested in:

How bad is Nebraska?
How much will Michigan beat MD by?
How good are possible bowl opponents Wake Forest (Orange), Oregon (Rose), and Aurburn (Outback)? I haven't watched much of those teams because I have a hard time turning off B1G games.

Nebraska underrated IMO

They are 4-4

Lost to Minnesota and Ohio State. Both good teams.
Lost to Colorado (bad loss but on road early).
Beat a decent Illinois team on the road (ask Wisconsin)
Lost to Indiana who is a top 25 team IMO.
I think Nebraska finishes 7-5.
Beats Maryland and Purdue. Upsets either Iowa or Wisconsin at home.

People think Nebraska is bad, but it’s actually average

I think Neb will give Wisc a good game in Lincoln, but I think too much to hope that they beat them.

Would rather Gophers are the ones who get to drive the stake through Wisc’s heart on Nov 30, with West on the line. That’s just me.

I think Neb will give Wisc a good game in Lincoln, but I think too much to hope that they beat them.

Would rather Gophers are the ones who get to drive the stake through Wisc’s heart on Nov 30, with West on the line. That’s just me.
I’ve never seen a gopher fan who wants Wisconsin to win more.

You want them to beat Iowa and Nebraska.

I’ve never seen a gopher fan who wants Wisconsin to win more.

You want them to beat Iowa and Nebraska.

Do you feel like you have the right to tell someone they’re less of a Gopher fan than you, based solely only them wanting Wisc to lose less than you want them to lose?

I don’t think you’ve earned such a right, but you may feel differently.

I’ll be out in the open with my opinion. It would give me the most pleasure, by far, to beat Wisc in TCF on Nov 30, with the West on the line. Any other scenario will give me less pleasure.

If that makes me less of a Gopher fan than you, so be it.

How much does a Georgia Southern win over Appalachian State help our strength of schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much does a Georgia Southern win over Appalachian State help our strength of schedule?

Georgia Southern just scored a TD to go up.

Upset brewing!!!!!

Georgia Southern just scored a TD to go up.

Upset brewing!!!!!

They look to be dominating so far. Looked really solid defensively, had App State punting in the back of their end zone. Got the ball at the 50 and had some lengthy runs, nice pass. Didn’t seem to struggle much getting into the end zone.

Top Bottom