Rick Pitino on U: Their new practice facility is the best I’ve seen. Big Time!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Omersa looks nearly as tall as Freeman and Oturu

He's a couple of inches shorter than Oturu but definitely bigger than Murphy, he can play minutes at the 5 with his athleticism.

Omersa looks nearly as tall as Freeman and Oturu

He's listed at 6'-6" and Hurt at 6'-7"... definitely taller than Hurt. Must have grown.

Guess we won't know Hurt's real height until Portsmouth (joking). Greenlee is built like a brick.

Last edited:

No excuses now for not having the best practices.

Does this picture mean Isaiah's wrist is not broken?
Rick Pitino is incredibly proud of his son, and should be. Great to see.

Rick is a crook who hired strippers and whores to induce recruits and their guardians to come to Louisville and claimed a GA with limited funds did the deed and he knew nothing about it.
He screwed a woman in an Italian restaurant and then put his rosary aside when she claimed she was pregnant and told her to get an abortion.
He should not be photographed on U of MN property. If he wants to visit his son, fine but not at the U.

Rick is a crook who hired strippers and whores to induce recruits and their guardians to come to Louisville and claimed a GA with limited funds did the deed and he knew nothing about it.
He screwed a woman in an Italian restaurant and then put his rosary aside when she claimed she was pregnant and told her to get an abortion.
He should not be photographed on U of MN property. If he wants to visit his son, fine but not at the U.

Not a fan of how he conducted himself but i believe in forgiveness. I learned in following the ACC closely that he is a gracious loser. After UVA games he raved about UVA, said he never misses a chance to watch them and he called Bennett the best coach in the country. Pretty kind to go out of his way. Have friends at Bel Air CC and he is out there a few times a year and is always willing to spend attentive time. Everyone makes mistakes, yes his were egregious but perhaps he changed. Plus he played a huge role in getting Mashburn.

He has never admitted his mistakes and sued Lousville for being wrongly fired.
He is a charming con artist.

R U his priest ?

Ok, this must be bit, right? Really? Wow, he got worked up (quickly) over a woman once, that never happened to most of us who are normal?

Regarding the recruiting, it has been gong on for 80 plus years, Rick did not invent it. Many of the the giants of college basketball (not the Bennetts) have closets full of "stuff" and we want to put poor Rick Pitino up on the Cross? I suspect some immoral behavior occurred this year at the FF in Minneapolis, get over it.

Please post this puritan garbage somewhere else, get some counseling, or become a Scientologist or something.

Last edited:

You seem to follow Rick Pitino’s career pretty closely. The last thing he is; is stupid.
There is no way he had anything to do with the strippers. That was an ill conceived, silly, ineffective, premeditated plan that he’s not even gonna listen to, let alone organize. Common sense says he had no knowledge and nothing to do with that.
Come on man!

And if you read about it, there was not much money involved.

There is no evidence, no smoking guns that say he did any of the basketball violations. His players stand behind him, endorse him as a solid guy.

I’m sure, like all of us he has made some mistakes but the basketball stuff, I don’t think he’s guilty.

And he was punished for it by being fired. Do you also think ex-convicts should be forbidden from attending the University of Minnesota and stepping foot on the campus? They have been convicted from doing something wrong and have been punished for it.

Did he really have a hand in landing Mashburn? I hadn't heard that (or maybe it was mentioned in the thread and I missed it). I mean, I know he coached his dad, but I hadn't heard that Richard had Rick's assistance in landing the son.

Cruze great to see you posting on the BBall forum and with a different name, I like it!

Did he really have a hand in landing Mashburn? I hadn't heard that (or maybe it was mentioned in the thread and I missed it). I mean, I know he coached his dad, but I hadn't heard that Richard had Rick's assistance in landing the son.

The families are close. He did not recruit him directly but indirectly it played a role.

Ok, this must be bit, right? Really? Wow, he got worked up (quickly) over a woman once, that never happened to most of us who are normal?

Regarding the recruiting, it has been gong on for 80 plus years, Rick did not invent it. Many of the the giants of college basketball (not the Bennetts) have closets full of "stuff" and we want to put poor Rick Pitino up on the Cross? I suspect some immoral behavior occurred this year at the FF in Minneapolis, get over it.

Please post this puritan garbage somewhere else, get some counseling, or become a Scientologist or something.

Certainly made my share of mistakes . If you research all of Pitino's career there is dirt in several areas including recruiting. Still, for me personally it is time to forgive and move on to what he has done well, where he has been an asset. He received a pretty large penalty losing his job and being shamed. Not a fan of how he ran his program but as a teacher he was great.

Verily, I say unto you, "forgive those who have sinned".

God

You seem to follow Rick Pitino’s career pretty closely. The last thing he is; is stupid.
There is no way he had anything to do with the strippers. That was an ill conceived, silly, ineffective, premeditated plan that he’s not even gonna listen to, let alone organize. Common sense says he had no knowledge and nothing to do with that.
Come on man!

And if you read about it, there was not much money involved.

There is no evidence, no smoking guns that say he did any of the basketball violations. His players stand behind him, endorse him as a solid guy.

I’m sure, like all of us he has made some mistakes but the basketball stuff, I don’t think he’s guilty.

Of all the responses to Plato’s ill informed post, this is the best. Well done!

I presume none of Rick's supporters read the national or local newspapers concerning his behavior.
Just because he is Little Ricky's dad does not give him pass. Regarding the strippers and whores, they were brought in across the Ohio River multiple times-a Federal offense. The cost was considerably more than a GA could pay out of his pocket. As to Rick not knowing, he was known as a control freak who knew everything that happened in his program.
In the Italian restaurant episode, he was a fall guy and stupid. A week or two after the episode the bimbo calls and tells him she is pregnant. He bites and tells one of his employees to marry the woman!
No baby was forthcoming and the hush money was not adequate to the pair so they backmail Rick.
Then he finally has to fess up.
In the meantime the new President at Louisville has enough of the corrupt AD, the FB coach and Rick and they are all fired.
The NCAA then drops a dime on the whole bunch.
It would have made a great SNL skit.

I presume none of Rick's supporters read the national or local newspapers concerning his behavior.
Just because he is Little Ricky's dad does not give him pass. Regarding the strippers and whores, they were brought in across the Ohio River multiple times-a Federal offense. The cost was considerably more than a GA could pay out of his pocket. As to Rick not knowing, he was known as a control freak who knew everything that happened in his program.
In the Italian restaurant episode, he was a fall guy and stupid. A week or two after the episode the bimbo calls and tells him she is pregnant. He bites and tells one of his employees to marry the woman!
No baby was forthcoming and the hush money was not adequate to the pair so they backmail Rick.
In the meantime the new President at Louisville has enough of the corrupt AD, the FB coach and Rick and they are all fired.

All true and there is garbage all the way back to Hawaii but perhaps you can consider forgiveness.

It is a really nice facility. Am I allowed to post that in this thread? It feels off topic. ;)

I have nothing to forgive him for. He did me no harm. I am from KY, a sibling went to law school at Louisville. I found the whole episode to be very KY and even amusing.
I just think the optics of Rick with MN players at a MN facility is bad.

Just take the L

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A crook? Sure....there were some shady dealing going on at Louisville under his watch....but that happens all over the place. He was fired for it.

Maybe you should take up knitting rather than college sports if everyone is a crook and that really gets you steamed.

Powerful charismatic people get away with horrible things all the time, the world is not fair. I have no problem with Rick Pitino giving the U of M a compliment.

Top Bottom