PJ Fleck on Pat McAfee Show - Minnesota did NOT void the night game with Penn State

Agreed. No quarterback or WR corps was going to be Tracey's main problem, but he was a good coach and got every ounce out of his player.

As for the night game, student sections are almost always louder at night because the students have been awake for a while and they've likely had a chance to drink more. Let's also be honest, the night time temps will be colder at night.

True, but still a very late night for the team.

I can't imagine many college kids staying up until 3-4 in the morning...

The bright spot is they would probably wake up feeling better than I felt on mornings after staying up until 3 or 4...

I agree. We had Rhoda and Croft, two far from solid QB options. Doesn’t matter what other talent we really had on offense. We were too one dimensional because teams knew we could really only run the ball. We didn’t trust either QB to really pass. Croft was a speedy guy, had some potential, but he wasn’t the answer. Rhoda never got enough starting experience while living in the unimpressive INT-prone shadow of Leidner. Defensively I think we’d have been pretty good. But with how unproductive our offense was, we would be like what Michigan State has looked like. Good defense, bad offense. Low scoring losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seth Green was where TC was going at QB with that offense for 2017. Based on the vanilla offense he went with, Fleck could have used a transitional offense with a variance of the read option that was being used with Green at QB.

Having said that, there was agreement on this board that MD, Purdue, MSU were all winnable games that year, especially the first two. Gophs were tied with MD with under 4 minutes in the game, and had the lead at Purdue with 2:30 left in the game.

Seth Green was where TC was going at QB with that offense for 2017. Based on the vanilla offense he went with, Fleck could have used a transitional offense with a variance of the read option that was being used with Green at QB.

Having said that, there was agreement on this board that MD, Purdue, MSU were all winnable games that year, especially the first two. Gophs were tied with MD with under 4 minutes in the game, and had the lead at Purdue with 2:30 left in the game.

You'll never get over Tracy being gone, will ya?

Didn't Maryland beat us with their 4th string QB or something like that?

Fleck had four scholarship offensive linemen for parts of spring ball in 2017.

He had more Big Ten ready scholarship offensive linemen in the fall of 2017 than he has now, after bringing in three years of offensive linemen. In a fortunate circumstance, Annexstad gave him an in and helped recruit two of those.

Won't matter anyway when we shift the Home and Visitors sides.

Nighttime temps for PSU and daytime temps for the winners.

He wouldn't have been able to play anyways and had to medically retire so I didn't include him. But yeah, guys like him, Elmore and Mayes transferring add up.

Had to “medically retire” like St Juste was going to?

Sorry Dude, most of America Households are casual CFB fans, at best, and would prefer to watch Clemson or Georgia vs Anyone over PSU vs Minnesota.

Yeah right. Penn State is just as big of a brand as either of those teams.

And if that were true then why would they put SMU-Memphis in primetime on ABC this week over Auburn-Ole Miss which is on ESPN? Wouldn't most Americans prefer to watch Auburn, a top 12 SEC team over two AAC teams?

And as i've said before, posters on the PSU 247 forum claim that both Minnesota and ESPN contacted PSU about possibly having a night game. All signs point to PSU declining a night game.

No, he didn't decide to medically retire until after he transferred to Okie State.

And who’s to say if he was encouraged to do so- I have no personal knowledge of the circumstances.

And who’s to say if he was encouraged to do so- I have no personal knowledge of the circumstances.

He medically retired before he ever even got to practice at OSU so I doubt they would force a medical retirement when he would still count as a scholarship player for that year and count against their limit. That would essentially be a year of a wasted scholarship for them.

Top Bottom