Rush the field

We rushed the field after the 2010 Jeff Horton win over Iowa.

If you don' rush the field in this case, there's never a time to rush the field. Rush the field when we beat Penn State and rush the field again when we beat Wisconsin to clinch the West.

Act like we've been there before? Most of us have never been there before. Enjoy it.

We should only rush the field if we win in spectacular and unexpected fashion. i.e.:

Flutie "Hail Mary" to beat Miami.
Auburn missed field goal return touchdown.
Colorado "Hail Mary" vs. Michigan
Viking "Minnesota Miracle"
Morgan pass to Autman-Bell in Fresno Game.
Winfield interception to seal the game.

Certainly there are players who can pull off the spectacular!

Give me a boring lead the whole game and run out the clock and I'll be fine with it. Just don't rush the field in this case.

Go Gophers!

Why? Because you as the Field Rush Police Captain says so?

If the students want to rush the field, let them. Who cares? Only fun-hating Minnesotans and Dan Berriero worry about when it is okay to rush the field.

A few of these posters aren't going to rush the field for fear of tripping over that stick stuck up their a$$.

I am rushing the field at Iowa regardless of if we are 10-0 or 8-2

I love it when the students rush the field. I encourage my nephews to do it for me and yell from behind the visitors bench. Hope I get to see it on the 9th !

Beating #5 is absolutely worthy of a field rush.

It's only the #5 team, definitely not worth standing up to cheer when they have 3rd and long.

Our fans are really good at not standing except for when it’s time to leave early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our fans are really good at not standing except for when it’s time to leave early

That's why I stay to the end, so I don't have to sit in traffic.

We should only rush the field if we win in spectacular and unexpected fashion. i.e.:

Flutie "Hail Mary" to beat Miami.
Auburn missed field goal return touchdown.
Colorado "Hail Mary" vs. Michigan
Viking "Minnesota Miracle"
Morgan pass to Autman-Bell in Fresno Game.
Winfield interception to seal the game.

Certainly there are players who can pull off the spectacular!

Give me a boring lead the whole game and run out the clock and I'll be fine with it. Just don't rush the field in this case.

Go Gophers!

What if we leisurely stroll the field in this instance?

Perhaps we should all leave in the middle of the third quarter. We've been here before, and it just wouldn't do to seem like we're actually excited about the game.

Need to beat the traffic.

Yeah, because the insane amount we paid for ticket prices isn’t worth staying to the end. We’re going to complain about how much we pay for ticket prices, but also not utilize the entirety of the event we paid SO MUCH to view. It makes so much sense.

Yeah, because the insane amount we paid for ticket prices isn’t worth staying to the end. We’re going to complain about how much we pay for ticket prices, but also not utilize the entirety of the event we paid SO MUCH to view. It makes so much sense.

If I stayed til the end I'd need more food for the last 20 minutes which would cost more. Can't afford more food because the tickets cost too much...

Perhaps we should all leave in the middle of the third quarter. We've been here before, and it just wouldn't do to seem like we're actually excited about the game.

Yeah, let’s leave especially in the rare chance of us being up 3 scores. Why stay? We already know we’re going to beat the #5 team in the country, be 9-0, jump into probably the top 6, and have a good chance at at least the Rose Bowl. Who needs to stay for that?

Hey - the #1 question on rushing the field remains -

Will the Security guards be supportive, or will there be some of those security guards who will be clotheslining kids and acting like macho yahoos?

Help me out - what game was it where fans tried to rush the field and there was video of security guards knocking kids down?

Hey - the #1 question on rushing the field remains -

Will the Security guards be supportive, or will there be some of those security guards who will be clotheslining kids and acting like macho yahoos?

Help me out - what game was it where fans tried to rush the field and there was video of security guards knocking kids down?

There have been a couple of those incidents.

But none at TCF thankfully.

I think they need to install one of those chairs that you use on stairs...to get me down into the field...

If I stayed til the end I'd need more food for the last 20 minutes which would cost more. Can't afford more food because the tickets cost too much...

Well I have to make a trade off with the $10 state fair grounds parking, it’s either that or food. It’s either I can’t park, or I can’t eat. What one sounds worse? I can’t pick both because of the ticket prices.

I picked row 1 by the goalposts for a reason :)

That's ok TCF runs out of this or that all the time food wise.

God knows pretzels sometimes don't last an entire quarter.

There ya go they just saved you money!

Rushed the field when we beat Iowa in 2010. Got to put my hand on the pig on the field while it was being carried by the players. Picture of that moment in the Cedar Rapids paper. I got to high five Adam Weber.

That’s my glove about to slap the pig and my Gophers hard hat to the right.

Damn straight. Rush the field.

At St. Johns everyone is invited onto the field after the game. I know, this is a Gopher board but hear me out - its a very cool tradition and is another step in connecting the fans closer to the team. Gophers should do this too.

We win on the 9th and that goalpost is coming down.

Top Bottom