Rush the field

I would save a rush for clinching a divisional championship. But that's me.

I would rather rush Iowa's field and tear down and take their goalposts. Except this time, the goal posts could actually get out of the stadium. The slightly older people here know what I'm referring to.
I'm gonna **** someone's wife in the bathroom!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rushing the field will be a must if we beat Penn State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should probably swap seats with someone on the lower level. There's 110% chance I will rappel from the upper deck Mission Impossible style to join said field rush if we win by even one point.

If the Gophers and Badgers game is for the B1G West title and the Gophers win that would be rush the field worthy.

Has nothing to do with living a little. And I am not Scandinavian.

Lighten up Francis... holy smokes. Hope you are not the judge and jury for what is rush worthy.

Penn State nope, nothing won yet. against Wisconsin yes!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Rush after we beat PSU
Rush @ iowa and take their goalposts
Rush after beating wisconsin as well

Problem solved
They lower them now but we should still take field in Iowa and take goal post to pay them back.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I was in the student section during the Michigan Halloween game a few years back. They were all prepped and ready to rush.

We all know how that turned out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#13 team in the country beats the #5 and talk of rushing the field?

If the Gophers win it won’t be rushing the field worthy.

We rushed the field when we beat Iowa twice and Nebraska and none of those were close to as big of games as this one. If we rushed the field for those 3 wins then we absolutely should rush the field for beating a top 5 team in the country and starting 9-0 for the first time in god knows how long.

lmaooooooo people saying don't rush the field when it has been rushed beating UNRANKED opponents lately. If the Gophers win they will rush it.

And no, I don't think those rushes should have happened.

I will be in Evanston when we clinch the BIG west and I will be on the field to celebrate!

Rush the field when we shock the world and eek by Ohio State.

Honestly, here's the deal...if the Gophers DO beat Penn State? No reason to think they can't win out up to the championship game. At that point, all bets are off. Let's see what destiny has to say!

But they gotta beat Penn State.

Lighten up Francis... holy smokes. Hope you are not the judge and jury for what is rush worthy.

Rush the field all you want of it makes you happy. It’s still should be saved until if and when the Gophers win the B1G West.

Last edited:

Rush the field all you want of it makes you happy. It’s still should be saved until if and when the Gophers win the B1G West.

Why? Because you as the Field Rush Police Captain says so?

If the students want to rush the field, let them. Who cares? Only fun-hating Minnesotans and Dan Berriero worry about when it is okay to rush the field.

Why? Because you as the Field Rush Police Captain says so?

If the students want to rush the field, let them. Who cares? Only fun-hating Minnesotans and Dan Berriero worry about when it is okay to rush the field.

This....×1000.

I’m usually the stick in the mud - but you couldn’t be more wrong. It would be worthy. Why has little to do with rankings and a lot to do with what that moment would symbolize for a team that has struggled as much as us for as long as have.

I agree with...Spoofin?

We should celebrate every victory along the way. Have you seen the locker room celebrations after beating an FCS team in the non con?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

People are forgetting about rushing the field at NW. It is possible we clinch there if we win next 3 and WI wins next 3.

Given that only Gophers fans believe we even have a shot at the W...rushing is truly in order...magnified for each point scored above the other guys at the end.

Some of you are taking this way to seriously. No one cares if you rush they field or not.

It’s not the end of the world if someone thinks there might be a better time to do it.

You all will be ok either way.

Last edited:

#13 team in the country beats the #5 and talk of rushing the field?

If the Gophers win it won’t be rushing the field worthy.

If we are undefeated going into the Wisconsin game and we win that game, then I think I'll rush the field. If we win next week, maybe I'll rush the dining or bar area at Joe Sensor's!, or just the concourse ;)

If we beat Penn State and the students rush, you better believe I'll be on the field.

I'll meet you all at the 50.

Go Gophers!!

At a minimum, if and when we rush, it should be spontaneous, and not the product of a thread discussing whether or not we should do it.

I agree with...Spoofin?

We should celebrate every victory along the way. Have you seen the locker room celebrations after beating an FCS team in the non con?

Hard not to get excited after that Winfield play!

At a minimum, if and when we rush, it should be spontaneous, and not the product of a thread discussing whether or not we should do it.

After you get there can you come over to the sideline and push something big over so I can get down onto the field?

I’m usually the stick in the mud - but you couldn’t be more wrong. It would be worthy. Why has little to do with rankings and a lot to do with what that moment would symbolize for a team that has struggled as much as us for as long as have.

This is the correct take. I would say a rush is virtually guaranteed if we win unless security is through the roof or the student section is half empty by 4th quarter.

Well there's what, a dozen, two dozen individuals here?

Like most things it probably doesn't matter what we say. The students are really the folks who lead the way on this sort of thing.

If the Gophers win, it will be the most conference wins in a season since the Gophers were 6-2 in the Big Ten in 1973 - and there still will be three games left. That's huge. If the students are excited enough to want to storm the field, that's good enough for me.

Top Bottom