Rush the field

Have we had a game where we won and we rushed the field?

I dont think?

If we beat Penn State, I’m rushing the field!

We rushed the field against a crappy Nebraska team once and an unranked Iowa team so we rush the field plenty.

Beating Penn State would be an acceptable field rush in my opinion though. More of a “welcome to the next generation of gopher football” celebration.

Last edited:

If you need to have a message board discussion prior to the game on whether you should rush the field, then you probably shouldn't. Just let the emotion of the moment decide for you.

There was video of that guy assaulting fans as they rushed the field years ago, and he was identified and terminated. (iowa I think, 2010)

A win vs Penn State in 8 days might be worthy of a field rush.

Aside from the entry gate screenings, security at TCF seem to be a lot more low key and reasonable relative to even 5 years ago. The fans seem to be pretty responsible, so maybe there are less visible Security assets ready to take on problems, but it seems way more relaxed inside now.

The fans seem pretty ready to police themselves in general, short of a Wisconsin heavy crowd.

Last edited:

There was definitely a security guard body checking people during one of our field rushes.

It was for the original field rush in 2010 against Iowa, my seats were on that end.I remember that Large dude throwing shoulders and grabbing at people coming down those steps. He may have thought he was doing his job but he was being an unnecessary tough guy.

Ive rushed field twice, 2013 Nebraska and 2014 Iowa

Top Bottom