Antoine Winfield, Jr is PFF’s highest graded safety in college football

one of these analytical sites had Coney Durr among best in incompletion rate

I like how they are using him this year (only on D) which is keeping him healthy but I have to wonder if they put him in for punt returns in a game like PSU if he could be the difference that won us the game...

So, PFF ran all their fancy analytics... and discovered that Antoine Winfield is a really good player????

Wow. Very impressive, PFF.

There are a lot of Gopher fans who could have told them that a long time ago, and saved them the effort, but, hey... I'm glad the computers confirmed it.

So, PFF ran all their fancy analytics... and discovered that Antoine Winfield is a really good player????

There are a lot of Gopher fans who could have told them that a long time ago, and saved them the effort, but, hey... I'm glad the computers confirmed it.

PFF is film grading, not analytics

And why are you so annoyed with them rating him as the best safety in the nation? Weird axe to grind.

PFF is film grading, not analytics

And why are you so annoyed with them rating him as the best safety in the nation? Weird axe to grind.
I don't see an axe grinding. I see a guy saying he didn't need a bunch of analysis to know that AWJ is a really good player.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

PFF has always known Winfield was very good.

And as BeerFueledFF said, PFF is film based, not computer based. They grade every single player on every single play and average their scores and Winfield is the highest graded safety in the country. I bet most gopher fans probably didn't even think he'd be #1 before this tweet.

I don't see an axe grinding. I see a guy saying he didn't need a bunch of analysis to know that AWJ is a really good player.

PFF is not saying he is not just a really good player, they are saying he is the best player in the entire country at his position. In order to determine that, you do need to watch the film and compare and contrast with other top safeties like Grand Delpit at LSU, a projected top 10 pick.

The Vikings have front court view on the local Gophers football team I am sure.

PFF is not saying he is not just a really good player, they are saying he is the best player in the entire country at his position. In order to determine that, you do need to watch the film and compare and contrast with other top safeties like Grand Delpit at LSU, a projected top 10 pick.
Ok. He is great. Thanks.

So PFF did extensive film study... and thereby determined that Winfield is a really good player.

Again, color me very impressed with PFF. It appears they nailed it.

I really want the Vikings to draft him. There are times I swear it is an NFL player sneaking into the #11 jersey for Gopher games.
If he stays healthy he could be playing football in the NFL for a long time!

I really hope you are right. Loved watching his Dad and JR. is a chip off the old block. Original poster mentioned that there were posters on GH questioning his play and one poster called him garbage. Have not seen his replies to these stats.

Top Bottom