James Franklin impressed with PJ Fleck, Minnesota: 'They know how to win'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Paul:

After Tuesday’s practice in the bye week, Franklin addressed the looming showdown next weekend. He praised Fleck’s work as a coach and Minnesota’s ability to find a way to win.

Onward State Sports shared Franklin’s comments:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://saturdaytradition.com/penn-...with-pj-fleck-minnesota-they-know-how-to-win/

Go Gophers!!

That is what you say when you play an undefeated team who you're not 100% sure of.

Fair assessment.

They should be afraid. This is college football, doesn’t matter what predictions are or what the line is. We are a threat to just about any team, people can say weak schedule all they want. But they know the talent is there. Anyone that watches the games can see how dangerous our run game is, our passing game. To think “well yeah they did that against Maryland”, many of the situations we looked dominant in, we could replicate that against other schools. The interceptions, the broken tackles, the offensive line moving guys. You can’t chalk that all up to the lack of skill on the opponents end. These are Big Ten schools we’re obliterating (with the exception of Rutgers, still not sure if they’re FBS or FCS).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should be afraid. This is college football, doesn’t matter what predictions are or what the line is. We are a threat to just about any team, people can say weak schedule all they want. But they know the talent is there. Anyone that watches the games can see how dangerous our run game is, our passing game. To think “well yeah they did that against Maryland”, many of the situations we looked dominant in, we could replicate that against other schools. The interceptions, the broken tackles, the offensive line moving guys. You can’t chalk that all up to the lack of skill on the opponents end. These are Big Ten schools we’re obliterating (with the exception of Rutgers, still not sure if they’re FBS or FCS).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t save thpost but one of our good GH’s felt that James Franklin would be a great guy for PJ to emulate. . I responded that he is the last person I would want PJ to copy. His situation and PJ’s are are night and day different. Franklin has everything going for him. Unlimited recruiting budget, access to unlimited number of airplanes for recruiting, administration willing to skate on admission requirements, lots of dollars available for assistants. Anything and everything to eliminate the stench of Joe Paterno. And when you are as egotistical as he is, he isn’t someone worth copying.

Was this Minnesota Nice for "we're three games into the tape so far and holy crap did they pull some stuff from their butts in those non-conference games"?

Top Bottom