Bye week uniform poll - Favorite uniform combo so far this season?

What has been your favorite uniform combo so far this season?

• SD State - Maroon - Gold - Maroon

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fresno - Gold/old school Goldy - White - Gold

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • GA Southern - Maroon w/Goldy face - Maroon - Gold

• Purdue - Maroon - White - Gold

• Illinois - Gold - Maroon - Gold

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Nebraska - All Maroon w/numbers on 1 side of helmet

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Rutgers - Gold w/Goldy face - White - Maroon

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Maryland - Chrome lids w/anthracite

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gophers141

Reaction score
What has been your favorite uniform combo that the Gophers have worn so far this season?

Favorite was vs Georgia Southern, the maroon helmets, maroon jerseys and gold pants. Then probably the look vs Illinois with gold helmets, maroon jerseys and gold pants. The all maroon look vs Nebraska was pretty solid too, although the rain kind of made the color look less maroon.

Only thing I haven't loved about the maroon jerseys are the white numbers, would rather have them solid gold.

FULL BANANA!!!! But I have only seen it in my mind so far!

Sometimes there are other factors that play into which uniform combos look the best. What is the other team wearing? Is it a night game under the lights? Etc. etc. That being said, this year my favorite combo so far was the Fresno game. That stadium had fresh bright new turf, was really well lit, and Fresno was wearing all red. That made the gold/white/gold combo 'pop' really well and it just looked like a really sharp Gopher squad to me under those conditions.

I have also liked the addition of gold facemasks for some of the combos and I am wondering if we will see them with white helmets. Now that I mention it, I wonder when we will see white helmets at all. I've liked pretty much all the combos they have used this season. My least favorite was anthracite so I am glad they are out of the way now. Not because I don't like anthracite. I do like it but I felt the darker anthracite with maroon trim and gold numbers during the Kill/Claeys era were infinitely better than the current ones, which looked more 'washed out' to me.

Maroon, maroon, gold pants so far. Chrome gold helmets with maroon jerseys and maroon pants are still my favorite look. The aways we had for Wisconsin last year are the sharpest look we have, I’d love to see those again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention, I love the numbers on the one side of the helmet. Hoping the go numbers on both sides at some point, would be awesome to do against Penn State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics would be awesome in threads like this. I agree getting both sides of the helmet the same would be nice (for numbers and/or goldy logo).

Thanks. M/G/M, M/M/G, All M are the cleanest. I'd like to see G (no Goldy)/G/M at some point.

Full maroon against Nebraska is my top choice, with maroon helmet and top with gold pants against GSU being my second favorite among the home jerseys.

Gold/White/Gold against Fresno was a solid road uniform.

IceBoxGopher: nice gesture on your part, going to the trouble to find and post those images. You're a good guy!

Looking at those photos you posted, each and every one of those uniform combos is sharp as hell. Our team always looks well-dressed!

IceBoxGopher: nice gesture on your part, going to the trouble to find and post those images. You're a good guy!

Looking at those photos you posted, each and every one of those uniform combos is sharp as hell. Our team always looks well-dressed!

Thanks to IceBoxGopher. And I agree about all of them looking good. I still can't get out of my mind the combos they had about 20/30 years ago that they looked like Florida State or Iowa State. These are unique and sharp.

Put the helmets we had against maryland with the jerseys we had against nebraska and I may feel some movement in my pants.

Many people would. Just not sure they'll bust those helmets out two games in a row.

I was wrong. bottlebass wins, and we all win because it's a sick combination.

Favorite was vs Georgia Southern, the maroon helmets, maroon jerseys and gold pants. Then probably the look vs Illinois with gold helmets, maroon jerseys and gold pants. The all maroon look vs Nebraska was pretty solid too, although the rain kind of made the color look less maroon.

Only thing I haven't loved about the maroon jerseys are the white numbers, would rather have them solid gold.

i agree with you, since I loved the traditional uniform (Stoll/ Mason/ holtz) look, but since we now have those awful white numbers/ collars the home uniform looks like a Washington Redskin uniform and i hate it.

For that reason, I like the anything else now, including the dreaded bananna top. For me the ND style golden helmet makes the current uniform look a lot better, unless we return to the gold numbers some day.

I really like the metallic look on any uniform combination, since the win in Madison last year.

Last edited:

I'm sorry full banana, but with the events today CG/M/M has cemented itself as the best jersey combination in recent history and should be worn at least 4 times a year going forward.

Chrome helmet-white jersey-maroon pants for Iowa City.

The Winning combo!

Storm trooper all white for Northwestern.

Top Bottom