KFAN coverage Wow props

McGopherFan

Reaction score
PA held court today and Monday.

Holding Gophers Weekly at the campus.

Really, this deserves some thanks for the efforts.

Props. I am enjoying the recent efforts by media types to cover the Gophers in an approaching legitimate way.

Props. I am enjoying the recent efforts by media types to cover the Gophers in an approaching legitimate way.

Agree completely. Although I don't see everything going on, it seems the U is getting more respect from the media and they are helping to get them into the faces of people and push the U forward. Changing their best too.
PJ said it will take all of us including the media.

Well, they're a little late to the dance, but, hey... I'm still just so incredibly thrilled they showed up. As we all should be.

They are just the absolute best... aren't they?

Good to hear, but I’ll still never tune in to that no-talent POS Allen.

I almost never listen to KFAN except on my way home from the Vikings game. Today I tuned in to hear Tanner and PJF. I loved PJ's 8 donuts on the bat story.

Your Station for Schtick: KFAN.

I guess that's what all the radio types are doing these days.

Do tell...

I almost never listen to KFAN except on my way home from the Vikings game. Today I tuned in to hear Tanner and PJF. I loved PJ's 8 donuts on the bat story.

Can you reprise the 8 donut story?

Good to hear, but I’ll still never tune in to that no-talent POS Allen.

If I listen to the Vikes on the radio I find any broadcast that is not KFAN so I do not have to listen to his annoying commentary. I listened to Westwood One on Thursday night and it was.like actually listening to a football game. He is awful.

The Power Trip Morning show has been all in on the Gophers most of the year, especially with Tommy O being on there every Thursday around 0630hrs and doing Tommys Takes.

A lot of the time I listen to PA interviewing Fleck he seems to be making fun of him...yesterday was different though

If Gandhi was in the Twin Cities Sports media, Gopher Hole would be full of posts from people that never listen to him because they don't like bald guys with mustaches. Mike Max? KFAN? Paul Allen? Line up with the pitchforks.

I enjoy KFAN and traditionally listen to it any time I am in my car. I have a decently long commute. Ironically, I have been listening to it less than ever these days and that isn't because I don't like it. There have just been so many great podcasts that are specific to college football and there have just been too many podcasts with not enough drive time lately. In most years, I just listen to one or two podcasts and even then I don't catch every episode. This year has been different for me. One of them is the Gopher-content-specific KFAN podcast so I guess I have been getting at least some KFAN content.

PA is a homer rube. Really only knows/cares about Vikings and a little T Wolves.

If I listen to the Vikes on the radio I find any broadcast that is not KFAN so I do not have to listen to his annoying commentary. I listened to Westwood One on Thursday night and it was.like actually listening to a football game. He is awful.

This! If I can't watch the game I record it to watch later, just so I don't have to listen to PA's horrible call.

Fleck is on the Power Trip right now. They asked him about the rumors of other jobs....”Heather and I love living here, I love working for Mark Coyle, I focus on being better tomorrow than I was today.” Basically a non-answer. I do think he enjoyed the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck is on the Power Trip right now. They asked him about the rumors of other jobs....”Heather and I love living here, I love working for Mark Coyle, I focus on being better tomorrow than I was today.” Basically a non-answer. I do think he enjoyed the question.

He was asked that same question on Finebaum yesterday and gave a similar answer. He talked a lot about his faith and said it felt like he had a calling to come here.

As much as the PowerTrip isn't about sports, they did ask some good questions and PJ gave thoughtful answers, particularly when asked about attendance.

Basically he said a guy can sit at home, watch 4 or 8 games at once, drink beer and hang out with his buddies so going to a game isn't that appealing. Said all schools are dealing with it.

PA is a homer rube. Really only knows/cares about Vikings and a little T Wolves.

It this year. He has been all over the Gophers. He has Fleck, Burns, Gaard, all in every week to talk Gophers. Not sure what else he can do.

It this year. He has been all over the Gophers. He has Fleck, Burns, Gaard, all in every week to talk Gophers. Not sure what else he can do.

This.

Also, if gopher coverage was making them more money than Vikings coverage, or coverage of other sports, they'd be talking more. More fans=more coverage. Its pretty simple. They are a business

PA has talked much more Gophers this year. Gopher coverage at KFAN has been pretty good, you just need to know where and when to find it. If not, then go to the podcasts. JG, Mike Grimm, Ryan Burns and PJ Fleck all make regular appearances on PA's show.

People complain about the lack of media attention for the Gophers so you gotta give credit where credit is due.

That was a nice bonus hour of Gopher coverage yesterday with JG and Tommy Olson since there was no PJ Fleck Show with the bye week.

PA has talked much more Gophers this year. Gopher coverage at KFAN has been pretty good, you just need to know where and when to find it. If not, then go to the podcasts. JG, Mike Grimm, Ryan Burns and PJ Fleck all make regular appearances on PA's show.

People complain about the lack of media attention for the Gophers so you gotta give credit where credit is due.

That was a nice bonus hour of Gopher coverage yesterday with JG and Tommy Olson since there was no PJ Fleck Show with the bye week.

Glad the media is covering better.

I just want the less coverage during times when the record isn't as good to still be deeper coverage. Not just potshots.

For any person on the forum, the Gopher Gridiron podcast with Burns (search for it) is excellent. The post Maryland episode was the first I've listened to and it's excellent. I know they run a competing site, but still a good free listen.

For any person on the forum, the Gopher Gridiron podcast with Burns (search for it) is excellent. The post Maryland episode was the first I've listened to and it's excellent. I know they run a competing site, but still a good free listen.

Agreed. That is one of my "can't miss" podcasts. If I was allowed to suggest one change, they need to buy Derek Burns a better microphone. When he talks it sounds like he his being held down in a coal mine, or he is a teacher on an old Charlie Brown cartoon.

He was asked that same question on Finebaum yesterday and gave a similar answer. He talked a lot about his faith and said it felt like he had a calling to come here.

And even if his intent is solely to maximize his negotiating power for a better contract here, it makes sense to talk about loving it here but not totally closing the door on other opportunities. Short of him saying "I'm leaving" I refuse to try to read the tea leaves of comments he is making now or worse read into life things he means by what he doesn't say right now.

Gotta give KFAN and PA credit, a lot of Gopher coverage today.

They could have been salivating over the Vikings big win in Dallas last night (which was a very big win), but they have given the Gophers considerable coverage today with a lot of calls from listeners, Ryan Burns from Gopher Illustrated and PJ Fleck calling in.

Even FOX 9 sports primetime led with Darrell Thompson and the Gophers last night rather than the Vikings.

Gotta give KFAN and PA credit, a lot of Gopher coverage today.

They could have been salivating over the Vikings big win in Dallas last night (which was a very big win), but they have given the Gophers considerable coverage today with a lot of calls from listeners, Ryan Burns from Gopher Illustrated and PJ Fleck calling in.

Even FOX 9 sports primetime led with Darrell Thompson and the Gophers last night rather than the Vikings.

It seems today was about 49%-49%, with 2 percent of Timberwolves & Wild (maybe mentioning the last second loss to the Nuggets and them being 2-0 when the opponent's point guard scores 50, and the comeback vs the Coyotes).

PA admitted this morning that Saturday was the first ever Gophers game he's watched. Always been up front that he does not really know anything about the team firsthand.

That being what it is, he has offered very high praise of the Gophers performance today. He is an elite football mind.

Better late than never.

Last edited:

Top Bottom