Scott Frost

Obviously you're not a Frost fan but you have to admit he did a hell of a job at UCF and it's only been a few years so you have to give him some time. He may indeed bomb as you stated but you never know

I didn't watch UCF closely enough to know how great of a coaching job he did, but I do know that George O'Leary had that program rolling before his disastrous 0-12 season (again, no idea how that happened because I don't care about UCF). I think he was the coach for 10 years and they won 10+ games several times. There's a LOT of talent in that area of the country...and it ain't too hard to convince them to stay close to home.

I have no idea how Frost will do in the long run, but color me unimpressed so far.

I didn't watch UCF closely enough to know how great of a coaching job he did, but I do know that George O'Leary had that program rolling before his disastrous 0-12 season (again, no idea how that happened because I don't care about UCF). I think he was the coach for 10 years and they won 10+ games several times. There's a LOT of talent in that area of the country...and it ain't too hard to convince them to stay close to home.

I have no idea how Frost will do in the long run, but color me unimpressed so far.

Um, the ability to attract good talent to UCF is not hard since there are virtually no admission requirements enforced. This is common knowledge. Nebraska is a whole different ball game since the Osborne era when Nebraska could get the kids and convicts from the west coast. Now that the "town" means something to recruits and being academics count in the BIG, Nebraska is at a disadvantage.

Only saw the end of the Purdue game. What a train wreck in Nebby!

Announcers mentioned their lack of execution on the defensive and offensive sides of the ball. That and the clock mismanagement at the end of the game are all coaching errors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Announcers mentioned their lack of execution on the defensive and offensive sides of the ball. That and the clock mismanagement at the end of the game are all coaching errors.

GBR wouldn't be so soft if their Head Coach wouldn't wear hoodies during the game. :rolleyes: Frost is such a colossal tool.

Seriously, wheels off at this point.

Let's see what improvement they make in year 3. I think they'll be quite a bit better next year.

Let's see what improvement they make in year 3. I think they'll be quite a bit better next year.

This was also said before the season started. Bryce, you ready to come home yet.

This was also said before the season started. Bryce, you ready to come home yet.

I don't know what went down between Bryce and the Gophers during recruiting. It sure would've be nice to have him stay home as a Gopher. On another matter, is Lakeville South's Riley Mahlman a solid 2021 Wisconsin commit?

Kaden Johnson still wanna play for the huskers??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frost was a flash in the pan. In his second year at UCF during which UCF went undefeated he was coaching the prior coach's players.
He brought his young and somewhat inexperienced assistants with him. The one player that came with him is an ok QB but not a star.
As mentioned above even NE's academic standards are far above those at UCF and Frost himself said that he could go out and recruit and be home for supper.
NE is begging backers with private jets or rental options on dame to donate them for recruiting visits. Distance and connections make recruiting a long journey.
My grandson asked when one of his cousins went to college at NE Why would he go there? It is in the middle of nowhere.
Martinez for whatever reasons has been a flop but Frost plays him.
For one I am glad the NE entitled fans are suffering after the way they boasted when they joined the BIG.

There's a lot of time left for Frost. He didn't inherit a good situation, but he's also got a lot higher degree of difficulty job. UCF is the best of all the G5 jobs...great local recruiting base, city environment and desirable location, huge school. It was easy to run circles around the UConns and Tulsas of the world. Now he's trying to talk kids who haven't seen a nationally-relevant Nebraska in their lives into leaving not only programs like UCF but also Miami and Florida behind and going to Lincoln, Nebraska to join a rebuild.

It's interesting because getting kids to Nebraska can be tougher than a 2 hour plane flight and a 15 minute Uber ride.
But according to ratings (which is still the best measurement we have, and not perfect) they still out-recruit others.

If Frost has the talent, he's not getting them to execute.

After the Minnesota game he thought he got pushed around, but after reviewing it wasn't. Instead it was execution and attention to detail and he seems to be suffering in coaching that.
Still only year 2 for Frost however.

This is all fun to trash Frost and Nebby, but Fleck had 9 wins as HC of Gophs through the ninth game of his second season. One more than Frost has as HC for Nebby through the ninth game of his second season.

Great College QB, and is struggling for the first time. He had success coaching before this stop as well. I like Nebraska, and they have great tradition, but honestly they have not been a very strong program in what, 15+ years? I cant see them getting back to glory anytime in the next few years, unless they catch lightning in a bottle. Its a shame, not sure what it is...

This is all fun to trash Frost and Nebby, but Fleck had 9 wins as HC of Gophs through the ninth game of his second season. One more than Frost has as HC for Nebby through the ninth game of his second season.

So you are saying through 21 games, Fleck was 9-12 and Frost is 8-13. I guess that is accurate. Lot of impatient people on Fleck last year at that point.

Maybe Frost performs a turnaround now and gets this team marching in the right direction. If they get Bowl eligible by beating WI and IA I'll be happy.

I will always want Nebraska to have a coach good enough to not get fired, yet bad enough to never contend.
If we can get 5-10 years of Scott Frost going 4-8 to 7-5, that would be good for us.

I'm not an offense expert, but at UCF, his teams were scoring like crazy.
Instead of it being a great offense, it appears UCF just had better athletes than their peers and it was less about scheme or coaching.

So you are saying through 21 games, Fleck was 9-12 and Frost is 8-13. I guess that is accurate. Lot of impatient people on Fleck last year at that point.

Maybe Frost performs a turnaround now and gets this team marching in the right direction. If they get Bowl eligible by beating WI and IA I'll be happy.

I will always want Nebraska to have a coach good enough to not get fired, yet bad enough to never contend.
If we can get 5-10 years of Scott Frost going 4-8 to 7-5, that would be good for us.

Which coordinator will Frost fire to spark a similar late season turnaround? As far as I can tell, both of them need to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. You guess that's accurate...? I don't think Nebraska will let him go more than 5 years of 4-7 win seasons.

I'm not an offense expert, but at UCF, his teams were scoring like crazy.
Instead of it being a great offense, it appears UCF just had better athletes than their peers and it was less about scheme or coaching.

Similar to Fleck in the MAC, his players were in classes that were near/at the top for the AAC, and it paid off.

Which coordinator will Frost fire to spark a similar late season turnaround? As far as I can tell, both of them need to go.

The DC.

Had the same thought. We looked outmatched most of last season too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OK, let’s say he fires the DC. He’d have to go undefeated in his next 12 games to have the same record as Fleck after 33 games. I’m guessing any coaching changes won’t happen until the off-season. That was a balsy move by Fleck in the middle of the season, but obviously necessary.

There's a lot of time left for Frost. He didn't inherit a good situation, but he's also got a lot higher degree of difficulty job. UCF is the best of all the G5 jobs...great local recruiting base, city environment and desirable location, huge school. It was easy to run circles around the UConns and Tulsas of the world. Now he's trying to talk kids who haven't seen a nationally-relevant Nebraska in their lives into leaving not only programs like UCF but also Miami and Florida behind and going to Lincoln, Nebraska to join a rebuild.

I remember when they made excuses for Mike because Bo supposedly left them in a bad state...no Mike just wasn't a good coach....

Top Bottom