Everybody wants to be a Gopher.

Sorry, Scott... you couldn't cut it.

Nebraska fans will love that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does Frost have for breakfast...?

Frost says he wishes his players were more like Gophers

9cb453630465132abc062db47e316553.jpg

Did Frost actually say that or did the clickbait title just intimate it? We should all know by now that sometimes the press isn’t so good at turning out headlines.

"I wish my players would play more like that other team."

Wow. Not really a smart thing to say...

Scott, my friend, you need to look in the mirror.

Did Frost actually say that or did the clickbait title just intimate it? We should all know by now that sometimes the press isn’t so good at turning out headlines.

I don’t pay to read these articles, so I could only see the headline. Seems like that’d be an odd thing for one of the main MN paper’s to make up. It’s not from some random website, it’s the Pioneer Press.

Off the top I’d say two of the most surprising results are Nebraska and to a lesser degree Michigan. I would of thought both would rally to good seasons this year.

How many Nebraska fans saw last season coming? Then they follow that up and sit at 4 and 4. Nebraska was picked as the West leader by many. We dominated them!

Nebraska was picked as a Top Ten team by some, weren't they?

Maybe I'm imagining things. If so, I blame it on age.

Off the top I’d say two of the most surprising results are Nebraska and to a lesser degree Michigan. I would of thought both would rally to good seasons this year.

How many Nebraska fans saw last season coming? Then they follow that up and sit at 4 and 4. Nebraska was picked as the West leader by many. We dominated them!

Michigan is 6-2, with road losses to Wisc and Penn State. They should win their next three games. Then OSU at home.

Michigan has bounced back and earned some good will by obliterating Notre Dame. They're doing alright now.

Similar to MN last year they're really looking to keep improve and looking forward to their rivalry game.

Frost press conferences are rapidly looking like he is in over his head. He has provided a steady drumbeat of throwing his players under the bus and now this whole hoodie thing is really bizarre.

Not sure how he could have had the success he had at central Florida and now look overmatched at Nebraska. They had a great, but damning segment on him on the most recent Bigger Ten podcast. They compared him to Steve Alford at Iowa. Perhaps in the end Nebraska is paying him a lot of money for on the job training that will help him at a different job down the road.

Maybe he will pull things together at Nebraska. But maybe it will get worse.

100% selling your struggling team out in public repeatedly is very questionable. Gotta believe he is embarrassed in his own performance and grappling mightily with his own mental health. Lots of pressure letting down 100,000 rabid fans, former teammates and Nebraska football alumni after taking shots at his inept predecessors along the way.

Maybe he hoped they would dig deeper and rely on a strong ground game. Eat more carrots and lettuce to get fit for the fight and scratch and claw to victory!

BE MORE LIKE GOPHERS MEN. I've heard every other cheesy motivational ploy.

They may husk the corn, but gophers eat it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Just a clickbait title. This is what he said. Also apparently several of our guys wore hoodies during warmups as well.

BIG 10 Media Picked Nebraska to win the West

One random dude picked them for that but really was a random one off.

At the BIG 10 Media Days in Chicago in late July, Nebraska was the favorite pick to win the West:

Wide open West: Who do you like in the Big Ten West? Nebraska is the trendy dark horse pick. Wisconsin is the once-dominant regular. Northwestern is the defending champion. Purdue beat Ohio State last season. It seems there are no wrong answers. Pat Fitzgerald's Wildcats have won 15 of their last 16 conference games. After going 8-1 in the conference last season, Iowa, Wisconsin and Purdue all tied at 5-4. Scott Frost seemingly has Nebraska poised after finishing strong. Wisconsin should bounce back with 2,000-yard rusher Jonathan Taylor and steady Paul Chryst. Kirk Ferentz is currently the game's longest-tenured coach. Whoever wins probably faces an uphill battle against the Big Ten East champion in the conference title game, but you already knew that. Forget Ohio State and Michigan on the other side of the bracket in any given year. In the history of the Big Ten title game, when the West team is favored, it is 1-3.

At the BIG 10 Media Days in Chicago in late July, Nebraska was the favorite pick to win the West:

Wide open West: Who do you like in the Big Ten West? Nebraska is the trendy dark horse pick. Wisconsin is the once-dominant regular. Northwestern is the defending champion. Purdue beat Ohio State last season. It seems there are no wrong answers. Pat Fitzgerald's Wildcats have won 15 of their last 16 conference games. After going 8-1 in the conference last season, Iowa, Wisconsin and Purdue all tied at 5-4. Scott Frost seemingly has Nebraska poised after finishing strong. Wisconsin should bounce back with 2,000-yard rusher Jonathan Taylor and steady Paul Chryst. Kirk Ferentz is currently the game's longest-tenured coach. Whoever wins probably faces an uphill battle against the Big Ten East champion in the conference title game, but you already knew that. Forget Ohio State and Michigan on the other side of the bracket in any given year. In the history of the Big Ten title game, when the West team is favored, it is 1-3.

"No wrong answers"? Ha! I beg to differ.

Not even a mention for Minnesota... or Illinois, a team that is playing pretty well right now.

I seem to remember some pre-season polls that had Nebraska in the Top 25. In fact, weren't they ranked for the first couple of weeks?

"No wrong answers"? Ha! I beg to differ.

Not even a mention for Minnesota... or Illinois, a team that is playing pretty well right now.

I seem to remember some pre-season polls that had Nebraska in the Top 25. In fact, weren't they ranked for the first couple of weeks?

Nebraska being picked top 25 coming off a 4-8 season is one of the more ridiculous polling outcomes I have ever seen. Usually when I disagree with polls, I can at least understand the argument for why the voters reached a different conclusion than I did. This pick was just indefensible. They were bad last year, and no reason to think they wouldnt be bad this year.

The only time a 4-8 team should even be considered in the preseason rankings is if they are coming off an injury ravaged season, and have a long tenured coach with a very consistent track record of success that gives you some basis for assuming 4-8 was an anomaly. Even then I dont think you should be ranked. If you go 4-8, you should need to prove it with wins to earn the voters' love.

Scott Frost is a colossal tool. Basically said in a news conference that he thought his players weren't 'tough' because they wore hoodies outside while warming up for the Minnesota game. Also said you got 'beat-up' in his day for doing that. He's a knob.

Scott Frost is a colossal tool. Basically said in a news conference that he thought his players weren't 'tough' because they wore hoodies outside while warming up for the Minnesota game. Also said you got 'beat-up' in his day for doing that. He's a knob.

Yeah, it's some old school machismo bull**** that as far as I know doesn't have any real basis in reality for how it effects player performance in cold weather.

It isn't like them losing the hoodies help them keep that game close, we were always gonna crush them with how bad they were on the offensive and defensive lines.

Like I’ve been saying...in over his head. That doesn’t mean he can’t learn from this season, and get better, but he seems lost right now.

Yeah, it's some old school machismo bull**** that as far as I know doesn't have any real basis in reality for how it effects player performance in cold weather.

It isn't like them losing the hoodies help them keep that game close, we were always gonna crush them with how bad they were on the offensive and defensive lines.

That day was 35 degrees and rain/snow. The weather sucked. I question the people who are going shirtless in warm ups, completely unnecessary Bud Grant B.S.

Frost press conferences are rapidly looking like he is in over his head. He has provided a steady drumbeat of throwing his players under the bus and now this whole hoodie thing is really bizarre.

Not sure how he could have had the success he had at central Florida and now look overmatched at Nebraska. They had a great, but damning segment on him on the most recent Bigger Ten podcast. They compared him to Steve Alford at Iowa. Perhaps in the end Nebraska is paying him a lot of money for on the job training that will help him at a different job down the road.

Maybe he will pull things together at Nebraska. But maybe it will get worse.

Yeah it seems like Scott has a long ways to go as a coach / motivator.

PJ and Jerry both seemed to start from a place of positivity (or at least Jerry figured it out shortly after arriving, Jerry made some comments about realizing how down on themselves the team was and changing course early on) rather than old school discipline and etc.

Frost seems to still think "Hey we're Nebraska we should be better and I'm gonna shame you into being better!".

Like there's maybe a place for that but not when the team is as fragile and down on themselves as Neb seems to be... gotta build them up first.

Just a clickbait title. This is what he said. Also apparently several of our guys wore hoodies during warmups as well.

Also mentioned by media that several Gophers warmed up without shirts on. Truly it means nothing, but interesting that Gophers are being referred to as a tough team.

Agreed. My take on his success at UCF was he did some things right his own way. But, when he got to nebraska, he felt compelled to be this "old school Tom Osborne" type and completely change his style based on perception of what neb was 20/30 years ago. "We're going to be like the 80s and 90s". "Go lift weights fat a$$! Don't be weak"

Top Bottom