Fleck on Finebaum today

Big Ten Mind

Reaction score
Forgive me if this was already mentioned however Coach Fleck is scheduled to be a guest on Paul Finebaum's show today on SEC Network. Show runs 2-6 pm but they typically run down the approx time of guests at beginning of show. I smell 9-3 or 10-2 and a Jan 1 bowl game vs loser of Florida-Georgia game.

To me there are two Finebaums. There's one that's more of a character, he's the one on the radio shows that's the super SEC guy who sort of embraces the fandom. Then there's the real Finebaum who comes across more like an actual sports reporter, where he shows up on programming like Outside the Lines. He plays a part and it's a love it or hate it type of thing. When he's actually just being a straightforward commentator, though, he's fine.

I like Finebaum.
He does a good job.

Made his own way.

I would love to be the equivalent of a Finebaum.

Somebody is taking an open week trip through SEC country...

Somebody is taking an open week trip through SEC country...

Really good interview. Finebaum gave him a chance to plug Gameday again and endorsed the idea. Obviously a fan of PJ.

PJ also talked about how they studied the Turning of the Tide (Saban’s restoration of Alabama) and Wisconsin’s rise under Alvarez as models for what he wants to do at Minnesota. Love it. Obviously we aren’t in a recruiting hotbed like Alabama, so Wisconsin is the more believable comparison.

PJ also talked about how they studied the Turning of the Tide (Saban’s restoration of Alabama) and Wisconsin’s rise under Alvarez as models for what he wants to do at Minnesota. Love it. Obviously we aren’t in a recruiting hotbed like Alabama, so Wisconsin is the more believable comparison.

I like the positive interaction with Finebaum in SEC country.

Top Bottom