Urban Meyer breaking down Gopher offense

This is pretty basic but good for folks like me. It also explains why it often seems to take a bit to snap the ball as the QB has the option to change the play depending on how the defense is lined up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=351&v=PCm23YGmPUs

It is a good video, but I'm a bit worried with our tendency to burn so much clock that teams will begin to hide their true defensive formation till there is ~5 seconds left on the play clock.

It is a good video, but I'm a bit worried with our tendency to burn so much clock that teams will begin to hide their true defensive formation till there is ~5 seconds left on the play clock.

Lovie did that with Illinois. It worked for a little while. Maryland tried to do it last week too. You saw the results. I had too many beers to notice how much or if Nebraska was shifting the D late.

That is the way to beat it. Show a formation, let the other team choose and then shift out of it. I'm not sure why other teams don't do that to us more.

Fleck has the team look at him before the snap so all eyes are on him. Just another form of self promotion, or so I’ve read on here (maybe not but I wouldn’t be shocked)
Yeah...I'm sure they arent paying attention to the play cards being held up on the sidelines on every flipping offensive play. Pretty pathetic post, buddy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is the way to beat it. Show a formation, let the other team choose and then shift out of it. I'm not sure why other teams don't do that to us more.

Because you’re changing your defense late and your guys are as likely to mess themselves up as mess up the call.

Also teams do this, but it’s not like defenses play 50 different coverages.
The late play call has more to do with coverage than front. There are only a few coverages in football:
Man zero, 2 man under, man free, cover 2, cover 4, cover 3
Slight variations of those 6 coverages.

Most teams don’t play all of those 6 well and focus primarily on a couple. So even if you’re switching late, you aren’t really confusing anyone.

Top Bottom