Coming from CO for the Penn St game, need some advise!

SoCalCam

Reaction score
Hey all-

My wife (a swimmer at the U in the late 90's early 2000's) and I are coming up for the Penn St game from Colorado. This will be our 3rd game at TCF but our first with two kids (a 2 year old and a 6 week old). Because of the kids, we were thinking about getting seats in the club area but I know ZERO about the club area. So here are my questions:

Does the club area have a heated area that you can "retreat" to if the game gets to be too cold for the kids?

If not the club area, is there another area that are good for young kiddos?

We would always hit Big 10's before the games in the past but have been informed that they are no longer around, where is another great place to eat before or after the game that is close to the stadium?

Thank you all for the help! We are looking forward to this matchup!!

Go Gophers!

Hey all-

My wife (a swimmer at the U in the late 90's early 2000's) and I are coming up for the Penn St game from Colorado. This will be our 3rd game at TCF but our first with two kids (a 2 year old and a 6 week old). Because of the kids, we were thinking about getting seats in the club area but I know ZERO about the club area. So here are my questions:

Does the club area have a heated area that you can "retreat" to if the game gets to be too cold for the kids?

If not the club area, is there another area that are good for young kiddos?

We would always hit Big 10's before the games in the past but have been informed that they are no longer around, where is another great place to eat before or after the game that is close to the stadium?

Thank you all for the help! We are looking forward to this matchup!!

Go Gophers!

The club seats have access to the indoor heated DQ club area where the kids can roam. It is the only heated indoor section. You might want to hang out in Mcnamara Alumni center or do the Williams arena goal line club tailgate, rather than try and do any of the Restaurants near campus. Stubs and Buffalo Wild Wings are closer than any Dinkytown establishments but those places get to be fairly packed standing room before games especially if the weather is cold. Your wife should contact the M club alumni relations, they may be able to answer more questions.

Last edited:

Thank you for the feedback, it is exactly what I was looking for!

Enjoy the trip back!! I went out to Red Rocks for the first time this year, LUV.

The Swim teams are taking on Wisconsin, Friday, November 8th at 4 PM if you'll be in town then.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes, all premium seats have access to the DQ club and that is all heated and indoors.

Your wife will barely recognize the areas around the U with all the apartment buildings that have gone in, and continue to go in. There are group tailgate events right near the stadium (as mentioned in the first reply to your questions) but there are also a lot of good restaurants clustered both in Stadium Village, as well as Dinky town. The Big 10 is gone but Sally's is now around the same location. Just a regular yelp or even map search should give you lots of ideas on restaurants.

HAVE A GREAT TIME AND WELCOME BACK!!

Haven't been in there for a few years but I believe the McNamara Center has some breakfast food.

Top Bottom