***OFFICIAL SW MINNESOTA STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The season is almost here! The season is almost here!

It will be great to see the team on the court, even in an exhibition game. Let's hope we see some promise out of the young guys, let's hope we shoot the ball from 3 and identify a guy or two who can help pick up the rebounding slack from Murphy's departure.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it, thanks Stan.

Big one tonight. Sets the tone for the entire season. Well, not really, but I like to see the guys run around and smile and have fun.

This is the least I know about a Gopher team in a long, long time with all the new faces. Tough coaching job for Pitino but I feel like he has the most options of his career as well, assuming guys are what we hope they are.

Is there a stream of the game tonight anywhere?

Sw mn state alum here but go gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWM looks pretty bad this year Suggs and Ha Ha would beat them by 25 plus

Very ugly so far. A couple 3's but aside from that the offense looks rough.

Looking a lot like the first exhibition of the year!

Peyton Willis came to play. Will anyone else join him?

Carr needs a little more Nate Mason/Eric Harris and less Kevin Clark

Oturu missing bunnies. Only three points so far.

Carr went down hard at the end of the half. Hope he is OK. He needs to play more under control.

I haven't been impressed with Carr. He looked exactly the same on the Italy tour as well. Out of control...

We look like crap but I think we can be a really good defensive team this year. The newcomers seem to have good natural instincts and active hands (perhaps a little too active).

Impressions so far: Outside of Gabe and Willis shooting threes, and Oturu getting some inside points, I’m not sure yet where our scoring will come from. It is clearly going to take some time with so many new guys. As has been pointed out, Carr needs to realize that going 1 on 3 when you are 6’ and the three are all over 6’ 7” is not likely to turn out great. We are going to really miss Coffey and Murphy on offense. Willis looks like a nice player. Him and Gabe will drain a lot of threes this year, and we will need it badly. Can someone work with Oturu to get a little more arc on his free throws?

I haven't been impressed with Carr. He looked exactly the same on the Italy tour as well. Out of control...

We look like crap but I think we can be a really good defensive team this year. The newcomers seem to have good natural instincts and active hands (perhaps a little too active).

Wisconsin will be in the bonus with 15:00 left in each half.

Impressions so far: Outside of Gabe and Willis shooting threes, and Oturu getting some inside points, I’m not sure yet where our scoring will come from. It is clearly going to take some time with so many new guys. As has been pointed out, Carr needs to realize that going 1 on 3 when you are 6’ and the three are all over 6’ 7” is not likely to turn out great. We are going to really miss Coffey and Murphy on offense. Willis looks like a nice player. Him and Gabe will drain a lot of threes this year, and we will need it badly. Can someone work with Oturu to get a little more arc on his free throws?

How about Demir? Would have to think he's going to play a lot.

How about Demir? Would have to think he's going to play a lot.

I’m hoping he’ll be an answer, too. He hasn’t been so far tonight, but it’s only one garbage game.

Oturu rebounding great, but wow has he missed a lot of close-in shots.

The only player really exceeding expectations is Willis. Gabe is Gabe. Oturu is struggling. Carr is playing poorly and Demir isn't showing much of anything.

No one on the bench has stood out. Has Freeman played at all?

It’s going to be a long year, gang. I like the potential of some guys on this team. There are a lot of hard working guys who can play defense. But man, pitino’s offensive system isn’t prepossessing in the best of times and it looks absolutely constipated right now. Lots of enthusiastic energy. No shooting. No finishing at the basket. No smart cuts. I know it’s just an exhibition but oof.

Our squad is now 8-20 at the foul line and that includes a number of front ends on 1n1s.

Please someone join Daniel at the rebounding party. He might eclipse Murphy’s total last year simply because he is the only one fighting for the close-in rebounds.

Top Bottom