Let's not go crazy re. Gophers to National Playoffs

How about this as an alternative idea: No thanks.

Here's a counter-proposal:

I'll decide — for myself — how I feel, how excited I am, how excited I ought to be, and whether or not something some poster tells me is "certain" is really, in fact, certain, or if — alternatively — the guy might just be a gasbag.

In return, I'll magnanimously grant you the same right!

Fair enough?

Excellent.

Did Talon teach you about using <b>bold</b> type to make a point? ALL CAPS works too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll decide — for myself — how I feel, how excited I am, how excited I should be, and whether or not something some poster tells me is "certain" is really certain, or if — alternatively — the guy might just be a gasbag.

Fair enough?

Excellent.

If that’s how you want to Row the Boat, I am cool with that.

You do seem a little sensitive on this subject. especially since I don’t think the OP’s and I know my OP wasn’t directed toward any of your posts.

I'll decide — for myself — how I feel, how excited I am, how excited I ought to be, and whether or not something some poster tells me is "certain" is really, in fact, certain, or if — alternatively — the guy might just be a gasbag.

Fair enough?

Excellent.

OUCH!

Did Talon teach you about using <b>bold</b> type to make a point? ALL CAPS works too.

Love the CAPs to make a point!:)
That's for you Spoofin so you can grasp the important parts of the post!:cool:

Last edited:

I rarely raise my voice, but I will when the situation calls for it.

I did not send this from my iPhone, and I am not using Tapatalk

I rarely raise my voice, but I will when the situation calls for it.

So someone not believing we are as good as you think we are is such a situation? You might need additional hobbies.

So someone not believing we are as good as you think we are is such a situation? You might need additional hobbies.

Huh?

"Let's Not Go Crazy, Let's Not Get Nutz"

In all seriousness, I'm enjoying this season one game at a time. No need to think about things five games into the future.

What would the the 'slow our roll' version of "Do not be afraid to be a legend!" sound like?

Something a bit more toned-down, I'd guess.

Do you think Maryland is good?

Well, they have good crab cakes, I'm told.

How is the High-Horse Crusading going, now that the Gophers are 8-0? Slow times for you?

Kind of puts a damper on your ability to engage in your favorite hobby, eh?

Glad I can be of service. It’s always good to have an accurate assessment of reality. Now if you want to know how you too can be absolutely certain that the Gophers are not currently among the collage football elite, I would be happy to take you under my wing. I must warn you, it will not be with out work.

You're lecturing people about "reality" while typing "collage" and "with out"? Too funny!

They have some talent. This year, however, they are 3-5 with a loss to Temple. They are not good.

Temple beat a ranked Memphis, though!

And Maryland beat a ranked Syracuse and was ranked too for one week!

They have lots of speed all over the field!

I remember someone here predicting we’d be playing Maryland in the Big Ten championship game after they outscored their first two opponents 142-20.

How is the High-Horse Crusading going, now that the Gophers are 8-0? Slow times for you?

Kind of puts a damper on your ability to engage in your favorite hobby, eh?

Another non-answer. I can see right thru you. You must hate being so transparent.

What exactly is my Crusade that slows at 8-0? I expected an 8-0 start and 9+ wins. I was told repeatedly how unrealistic that was - now what exactly are you implying? Trying to shift the conversation, I suspect.

You have taken over the roll of protector. You made multiple posts trashing folks who dared call MD a bad team and yet you refuse to answer the question I have asked you directly 3 times now - Do You think Maryland is a good team? Rather than answer you try to start this crap? EM31 would be disappointed in you on here.

I can confirm that. Living Delaware, I had some Maryland Crab cakes on Saturday. They were quite good. In fact I had them for breakfast. The restaurant substituted the crab cakes for Canadian Bacon on eggs Benedict.

Quite good.

Another non-answer. I can see right thru you. You must hate being so transparent.

What exactly is my Crusade that slows at 8-0? I expected an 8-0 start and 9+ wins. I was told repeatedly how unrealistic that was - now what exactly are you implying? Trying to shift the conversation, I suspect.

You have taken over the roll of protector. You made multiple posts trashing folks who dared call MD a bad team and yet you refuse to answer the question I have asked you directly 3 times now - Do You think Maryland is a good team? Rather than answer you try to start this crap? EM31 would be disappointed in you on here.

Please re-post one of my posts in which I, quote, "trashed" folks "who dared to call Maryland a bad team".

Just one will do, Spoof — never mind "multiple" posts.

What would the the 'slow our roll' version of "Do not be afraid to be a legend!" sound like?

Something a bit more toned-down, I'd guess.

I think that’s one of those phrases that just doesn’t translate into another language like Minnesotan.

Please re-post one of my posts in which I, quote, "trashed" folks "who dared to call Maryland a bad team".

Just one will do, Spoof — never mind "multiple" posts.

So, do you think Maryland is a good team or not?

You're lecturing people about "reality" while typing "collage" and "with out"? Too funny!

I am glad you are one who can find humor in the simple things, the inconsequential things. I imagine it makes life more fun.

Last edited:

So, do you think Maryland is a good team or not?

You have a real obsession with this topic. It seems kind of odd.

I already answered you, clearly and with no equivocation, on one of the other threads where you asked me the same question.

Weren't you paying attention? You do seem kind of distracted lately...

You have a real obsession with this topic. It seems kind of odd.

I already answered you, clearly and with no equivocation, on one of the other threads on which you asked me the same question.

Weren't you paying attention? You do seem kind of distracted lately...

Well, if you already responded I apologize. I have not received a notification of a response, but Tapatalk could have failed. You wouldn’t know as you don’t use Tapatalk. I’ll eagerly go find that response to satisfy my obsession.

Well, if you already responded I apologize. I have not received a notification of a response, but Tapatalk could have failed. You wouldn’t know as you don’t use Tapatalk. I’ll eagerly go find that response to satisfy my obsession.

Here... let me help, and Tapatalk can rest easy.

"Hey, Spoof: No, I do not think Maryland is a good team. I think the Gophers are a much better team than Maryland. My original post was intended to gently point out to people here that they can now put to bed their long-held fears of losing to Maryland — a team that many insisted was "fast and talented" — since we now know Maryland is, in fact, not even close to as good as Minnesota.

I did not send this from my iPhone, and I am not using Tapatalk."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...credibly-talented-and-unbelievably-fast/page2

Here... let me help, and Tapatalk can rest easy.

"Hey, Spoof: No, I do not think Maryland is a good team. I think the Gophers are a much better team than Maryland. My original post was intended to gently point out to people here that they can now put to bed their long-held fears of losing to Maryland — a team that many insisted was "fast and talented" — since we now know Maryland is, in fact, not even close to as good as Minnesota.

I did not send this from my iPhone, and I am not using Tapatalk."

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...credibly-talented-and-unbelievably-fast/page2

See, I knew you were sarcastically mocking all the talk of the dangerous Maryland team with that thread. Oh, well.

Top Bottom