Who wants FULL BANANA?

Would you like FULL BANANA for Penn State?

• Absafrickinglootly!!!!

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • No, I'm boring and I like my team that way.

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • I'm a Minion, I love bananas!

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Row the Boat! I don't care what they wear.

Votes: 26 38.2%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a poll on who would like to see FULL BANANA vs. Penn State's drab all white look.

Dungy_Tony_1974.jpg

Gold/Gold/Gold would definitely work vs. Penn State's all white road unis.

Oh God! Yes...yes...yes...don’t stop..yes!!! :clap:

Helmets with P.J. Fleck’s of gold for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I'm on the chrome/maroon/maroon train for this one

bruce_smith_in_color.0.jpg

Even Bruce Smith wore full banana.

It is my favorite uniform but we haven't seen it in a while and i assumed they took it out of rotation.

I definitely want to see it again. I think it's best when paired with the gold helmets too.
2017 with Gold Helmet
Gold 1.jpg

2009 and 2012 without gold helmet
Gold 2.jpg
Gold 3.jpg

I like the full banana. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like the G-G-W vs OSU a few years ago (banana split?)david-cobb-ncaa-football-ohio-state-minnesota.jpg

I was hoping they would go with a Prince themed Purple Reign look. I mean, if we can do anthracite, why not bring in the Prince theme like the Wolves have done. Then start changing colors to represent every region of the State as well as various fund raiser causes. Make it an Oz moment like the horse of many colors.
Yellow with maroon helmets and we can call ourselves the Golden Pencils. [emoji57]

Blue Earth county...Red Lake...Grey Stone St. possibilities are limitless.

I was hoping they would go with a Prince themed Purple Reign look. I mean, if we can do anthracite, why not bring in the Prince theme like the Wolves have done. Then start changing colors to represent every region of the State as well as various fund raiser causes. Make it an Oz moment like the horse of many colors.
Yellow with maroon helmets and we can call ourselves the Golden Pencils. [emoji57]

So you want tie dye uniforms? With a lot of purple? Something like this?

dyno-mite-dude-disco-shirt-adult-and-plus-53.jpg

Last edited:

Chrome lids, maroon jersey, maroon pants...and surprise flashy metallic gold shoes :)

Full Banana is the Tops!

Full banana, but not the chrome helmets.

His father George Lucius Smith was an attorney who also played football for the Gophers.

Wow! That's interesting; I didn't know that.

I'm a bit of a history geek, and so naturally Gopher football history interests me. That said, I had no idea Bruce Smith's father played at the U.

"The year was 1910. An undefeated Minnesota squad faced off against undefeated Michigan in a game that would decide the national championship. Lucius Smith played tackle and kicked for the Golden Gophers in the game, which Minnesota ended up losing 6-0. It is not clear how or why, but for some reason Lucius felt responsible. Legend has it that he vowed, then and there, to have a son who would avenge the loss.

Lucius did indeed have a son, Bruce Smith, who seemed to be born to take on such an extraordinary objective. And 30 years after his father's bold decree, Bruce walked onto Memorial Stadium's muddied turf to face Michigan in a game that would decide the 1940 national championship.

Late in the first half the Golden Gopher trailed 6-0 - the same score by which they had lost a generation before. Michigan was on the verge of scoring again when the Maroon & Gold's Bob Paffrath intercepted a pass in the end zone. Then, on the next play, Smith received a handoff on a weak-side reverse. He ran into, around and through seven Michigan defenders before he found enough daylight to stop through 80 yards of muck for a touchdown. A minute later, Joe Mernik's point-after kick gave Minnesota a 7-6 advantage. It would prove to be the winning margin, since there was no mor scoring to be had on that rainy Saturday afternoon."

https://gophersports.com/sports/2018/5/21/sports-m-footbl-spec-rel-heisman-html.aspx

Avoided full banana, and are 8-0. Keep avoiding.

Full banana making sure we don’t go with maroon helmets. We look like a bunch of match sticks running around.

As the self proclaimed commissioner of the gold out I'm hoping we don't do it. It's Penn states thing.
I'm sure PJ already has a plan.

Iowa recently looked terrible in full banana, so will we. For a classic cold November game of games, maroon and gold.

Top Bottom