Penn State Game Time Announced

gopherguy06

Reaction score
The Big Ten Conference announced Monday that the Gophers and Nittany Lions will kick off at 11 a.m. CST (noon eastern) on Nov. 9 in Minneapolis. ABC will have the call live from TCF Bank Stadium.

The Big Ten Conference announced Monday that the Gophers and Nittany Lions will kick off at 11 a.m. CST (noon eastern) on Nov. 9 in Minneapolis. ABC will have the call live from TCF Bank Stadium.

ABC, ABC, ABC, ABC!!!

ABC huh? Interesting, maybe Gameday is still a hope.

Nice to be on ABC, but would be nicer still to have a later start.

Whatever. We will be ready.

This will eliminate GameDay - which at this point is fine by me. 11 am doesn't work well with that kickoff time; also removes a week of distractions begging and worrying. Breakfast at the Bank, lets pack the house and focus on the controllables - being loud and present!

I think it's good we aren't going up against LSU-Bama (which is at 2:30 CST). This will give us the national focus for this time slot.

This could be the biggest regular season double-header of all time.

I always prefer 2:30 or night kickoffs but I get it this is a more desirable spot for TV viewership and exposure.

It will be the first bloody mary and breakfast burrito menu of the season for the tailgate. I can adapt/survive.

Yep, that means we won't have gameday. It'll be at damn LSU-Bama.

Cowards. Way to promote the SEC and the CBS game, stupids.

I think we are guaranteed game day with CBS having the other game.

Yeah, the only difference is with the Red Rive rivalry, right before they do the picks, they have the cast and crew move inside the stadium to do them.

Yeah, the only difference is with the Red Rive rivalry, right before they do the picks, they have the cast and crew move inside the stadium to do them.

Perfect, reason for students and fans to be in their seats early.

Make the Nittany Lions sit in the shade...let the Golden Gophers glisten in the sunshine!

There's a post on the PSU forum site which claims that MN approached PSU about a night game and they declined. Supposedly a B1G rule that both teams need to agree on late-season night games. Obviously can't speak to how accurate that is, but wonder if GameDay was on the table here.

I don't think both teams need to agree on a night game. I've never heard that.

I did hear MN had declined it and maybe to CHANGE it after someone already indicated it would be a day game ... then maybe they need to agree.

I did hear MN had declined it and maybe to CHANGE it after someone already indicated it would be a day game ... then maybe they need to agree.

Gopher Basketball plays Oklahoma in South Dakota at night, so they likely don't want games at the same time.

Make the Nittany Lions sit in the shade...let the Golden Gophers glisten in the sunshine!
This one I agree with, we should take sunshine and let Penn State sit in shade. This and home fans can give Penn State crap all game.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

If the LSU Bama game is on CBS and we're on ABC doesn't that mean we'll get gameday? Don't they try to do it for games that ESPN/ABC covers?

I've heard multiple times that it is a thing now. Used to be no night games in November. Now they can have them but both teams have to be okay with it. Could be wrong, just what I've seen and heard.

Oh Good, its a Noon Eastern game... as Im in the East now. I don't like sporting events that start at 8 or 9 pm Eastern because I find it hard to stay awake to the end.

Top Bottom