Where do you think we are at this point in the season?

Where are the Gophers at?

• On their way to the CFP!

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • On way to B1G Championship but not ready for the Big Boys.

Votes: 33 32.0%
  • They've got a shot at the B1G West.

Votes: 60 58.3%
  • Ready to join the top of the conference.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • They have won the games they should have but now it all stops.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • They've been lucky to get this far.

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Where are we, at this point?

That's easy: We're clearly at a point where (cliche alert) the rubber meets the road.

We're at a point where polls and opinions and rankings will all become moot. If we win out, there will no longer be any need for speculation. We'll be hoisting trophies and drinking toasts.

Just read the reddit thread on the Gophers 52-10 victory over Maryland... Don’t read if you’re not trying to get your hopes up, I went from 45% confident we’d beat PSU to 65%.

There were two comments that were crazy to read:

A Michigan fan thankful the B1G Commissioner didn’t make the Jug an annual game.
An OSU fan that said they were getting nervous about facing us in the B1G ‘ship.

Just read the reddit thread on the Gophers 52-10 victory over Maryland... Don’t read if you’re not trying to get your hopes up, I went from 45% confident we’d beat PSU to 65%.

There were two comments that were crazy to read:

A Michigan fan thankful the B1G Commissioner didn’t make the Jug an annual game.
An OSU fan that said they were getting nervous about facing us in the B1G ‘ship.

Wow, love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-2 wouldn't damper my feelings on the season if it meant still beating Wisc.

I’d be ecstatic with 4-0, no matter what happens from there!

2-2 guarantees us a tie for first place, which is at least something. It would be nice to keep the Axe and take the Pig.

In the BIG its always been about November. I'm having fun no matter what.

I predict that after Penn St we will no longer be the worst undefeated team in the country.

Would GH'ers be happy with a 2-2 finish to end the year? (leaving us at 10-2)

I think so. I would. I thought 8 wins would be a solid year, so cant complain about 10. I also think that is a realistic outcome.

Would GH'ers be happy with a 2-2 finish to end the year? (leaving us at 10-2)

10-2 would be an acceptable finish to the regular season. I think with where we are at this point in the year, a loss to NW is disappointing any way you slice it based on how they have played this year.

I think of the other 3 games we have left I would be disappointed not to win at least one of those three. They will all be tough games that could go either way, but for better or worse Fleck and the Gophers play dating back to the end of last year have my hopes higher. I think most of us can see the BIG Title Game in our sights if we play how we are capable of playing. My past history watching MN sports will not even allow me to even talk CFP yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predicted 12-0 and I still do (hopeless optimist here)...but I'm already happy! We could end 8-4 and I'd feel good about where we are going. I do think we will beat PSU. We will be home with a nearly sold out stadium (already 43K sold, 7K remain with a week to go). The fans will be crazy intense. The players will be prepared with a good plan from the coaches. PSU hasn't scored that many points lately....and our defense is playing awesomely. If Kamal is back.... Our offense hasn't been stopped all year. Their confidence has grown and the playbook has expanded.... And we are at home.

Last edited:

They've got a reasonable shot at winning the West, Beat Northwestern, and either Iowa or Wisconsin and that should do it. Penn State will be the best measuring stick so far. If the Gophers win or play it close, they can compete and beat Iowa and Wisconsin.

Northwestern, though, should not be taken for granted.

Top Bottom