Rose Bowl potential preparations

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t wanna get ahead of myself, but I do wanna be able to set enough money aside for the chance at the Gophers making it to the Rose Bowl.

So when do you guys think it’s a smart time to start prepping? How much do you think it’d cost for tickets? The plane ride? Is this going to be an event that ends up well over $1,000 for me and my wife to attend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t wanna get ahead of myself, but I do wanna be able to set enough money aside for the chance at the Gophers making it to the Rose Bowl.

So when do you guys think it’s a smart time to start prepping? How much do you think it’d cost for tickets? The plane ride? Is this going to be an event that ends up well over $1,000 for me and my wife to attend?

I'm willing to take your money to hold onto so you don't spend it before the big game. You can totally trust me.

Yes. Not an expert but guess flying in-out of Vegas, with renting a sub-compact and sleeping in a tent, can keep it modest.

I'm willing to take your money to hold onto so you don't spend it before the big game. You can totally trust me.

lol I have an issue saving my money, so this is going to be difficult to save for as it is.

Expect more like at least $2k for both you and your wife to attend.

Say plane tickets are $350 each. You really need to check hotel reservations now, but New Years Eve in Pasadena will cost you at least $200/ night for a cheap hotel (and this may even be low). With a two night stay, you are already at $1100 and you still don’t have tickets, a car, or food. Tickets, I don’t see how they cost less than $100 per ticket, unless you have a friend. Car and food, that is really up to you.

Wait until the engagement first before planning for the wedding.

If you were to book now you could get a direct flight landing at 11 PM on the 31st and a direct flight back leaving just before midnight the night of the game $260 round trip from Sun Country to/from LAX and a room at the Pasadena Comfort Inn for $100 a night. $620 for 2 excluding tickets and food isn't bad. Of course those prices will shoot up if the Gophers make it. I'm sure anything refundable would cost way more.

Never hurts to start saving! Save as much as you can..I’d try to save $3,000 minimum

If you were to book now you could get a direct flight landing at 11 PM on the 31st and a direct flight back leaving just before midnight the night of the game $260 round trip from Sun Country to/from LAX and a room at the Pasadena Comfort Inn for $100 a night. $620 for 2 excluding tickets and food isn't bad. Of course those prices will shoot up if the Gophers make it. I'm sure anything refundable would cost way more.

I am not sure where your getting your info, but that hotel is already booked.

$1,000 for 2 people? You must believe those “Fly $69 one way!” or “Plan your 4-day Disney vacation - from as low as $549!” Unless you walk, and stay with rellies/friends, 2tix and food/beverage will probably start at a grand.

All that said: Can we pump the brakes a little and enjoy each week first? And if SoCal does eventuate - the cost should be borne even if one has to stretch!

Expect more like at least $2k for both you and your wife to attend.

Say plane tickets are $350 each. You really need to check hotel reservations now, but New Years Eve in Pasadena will cost you at least $200/ night for a cheap hotel (and this may even be low). With a two night stay, you are already at $1100 and you still don’t have tickets, a car, or food. Tickets, I don’t see how they cost less than $100 per ticket, unless you have a friend. Car and food, that is really up to you.

thank you! yeah now that I think of it $1,000 sounds like that’d be a lucky total price.

Agree. With the car and incidentals, this would be less than $1k. Might be trouble if there's quadruple OT...and you have to leave the game before resolution...but there's this thing called radio that will provide audio on the end result if not the event itself.

Really though, this is a good idea of what's necessary to keep it cheap. If time is not your issue, probably 3 days driving both ways and $300 in gas should cover it. Still, unless you sleep in your vehicle will add up along the way. Fortunately, with today's amenities very low likelihood of having to go full Donner Party over some of those winter passes. That's a plus.

I like how you're thinking mjf. I'm doing the same thing.

$1,000 for 2 people? You must believe those “Fly $69 one way!” or “Plan your 4-day Disney vacation - from as low as $549!” Unless you walk, and stay with rellies/friends, 2tix and food/beverage will probably start at a grand.

All that said: Can we pump the brakes a little and enjoy each week first? And if SoCal does eventuate - the cost should be borne even if one has to stretch!

I understand it’s well in advance, but a trip like that takes some saving. I can’t just decide to save when it’s November 30th if I need a couple thousand dollars ha

Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom