Week 10 coming up possibly worst Big Ten slate of all time

Gold Rush

Reaction score
No arguing around this one - there will be 6 teams on bye and this schedule is really bad. How did the schedule makers let this happen?

Rutgers vs. Illinois
Northwestern vs. Indiana
Nebraska vs. Purdue
Maryland vs. Michigan

Not a single intriguing matchup unless you are a fan of one of the teams. Even the BTN guys were making fun of this week.

6 teams on bye. Might be a great weekend to find something else to do!!!!
BTW -- when is the Gophers-Maryland replay on the BTN?

Well, in the schedulers defense, weren't Purdue and Nebraska supposed to be good this year?

I think Nebraska vs. Purdue will be pretty fun. Whichever team loses that matchup, the fanbase will be on suicide watch.

So gratifying that Fleck has triumphed in the Frost v. Brohm v. Fleck contest

I think Nebraska vs. Purdue will be pretty fun. Whichever team loses that matchup, the fanbase will be on suicide watch.

So gratifying that Fleck has triumphed in the Frost v. Brohm v. Fleck contest

I forgot about those debates on here! ����

In the preseason Michigan was #7 in both polls. Nebraska was #24 in the writers poll and in the "also receiving votes" category as the effective #26 in the coaches poll. Northwestern was #25 in the coaches poll and effectively #30 in the writers poll. None of the other teams were ranked, but Indiana, Maryland, and Purdue were generally considered teams capable of getting bowl eligibility and being decent enough. Ahead of the season, no game this week stood out as a feature match up for TV, but the thinking was likely that one of them would be good enough when the time came.

Top Bottom