7 Oregon (7-1) 11 Pac-12 1,108
8 Georgia (6-1) 10 SEC 1,093
9 Utah (7-1) 12 Pac-12 1,032
10 Oklahoma (7-1) 5 Big 12 1,017
11 Auburn (6-2) 9 SEC 910
12 Baylor (7-0) 14 Big 12 882
13 Minnesota (8-0) 17 Big Ten 778

Last edited:

Oregon opens as a 1 point dog to USC and Utah a 5 point dog plus UGA and Florida play next week so good chance to be top 10 next week!

I wish it was #14; 13 is unlucky, especially as Halloween approaches.

New Year’s Day Six Bowls now in play...we need a big turn out in two weeks to impress the Orange Bowl and Cotton Bowl scouts.

Also ahead of Wisconsin and Iowa. Lets take of business in a couple weeks.

Sort of a joke that Ala and LSU flip-flop at the top.

We are only 4 points in front of Michigan, so wouldn't be shocked to see us slip behind them after the bye week unfortunately.

We are only 4 points in front of Michigan, so wouldn't be shocked to see us slip behind them after the bye week unfortunately.
We are 34 points ahead of Michigan but still a valid concern. After next week most eyes will be on the CFP ranking though.

#13 fits this team perfectly....looks pretty damn good on that WR we have that wears it as well.

Embrace being the scary team just on the outside looking in that none of the top teams have any clue what to make of. :)

#13 fits this team perfectly....looks pretty damn good on that WR we have that wears it as well.

Embrace being the scary team just on the outside looking in that none of the top teams have any clue what to make of. :)

Also, we likely won't be 13 when we play next, so don't worry about it too much.

My wife, granddaughter and sister were all born on the 13th. I think it’s a pretty good number!

Only 8 points separate the top three places
Essentially a three way tie right now for top

From what I've seen in your states after the first 3 games the Gophers have come on strong!

RUSHING
Gophers 376 ypg
Opponents 260 YPG

Passing
Gophers 174 ypg at a 65.5% completion rate
Opponents 229 ypg at a 53.7 completion rate

MOST IMPORTANT

GOPHERS 42 points per game
Opponents 20 ppg

It looks like your toughest game of your last 4 will be Penn. State at 8-0 as you are.

Only based on your stats the last 3 teams should be winnable by your base averages.

If you can win all 4 you should be considered for the playoffs. Then again you have a conference championship game - correct?

TALON

www.gscfans.com

Last edited:

From what I've seen in your states after the first 3 games the Gophers have come on strong!

RUSHING
Gophers 376 ypg
Opponents 260 YPG

Passing
Gophers 174 ypg at a 65.5% completion rate
Opponents 229 ypg at a 53.7 completion rate

MOST IMPORTANT

GOPHERS 42 points per game
Opponents 20 ppg

It looks like your toughest game of your last 4 will be Penn. State at 8-0 as you are.

Only based on your stats the last 3 teams should be winnable by your base averages.

If you can win all 4 you should be considered for the playoffs. Then again you have a conference championship game - correct?

TALON

www.gscfans.com

Correct! Good to see you back!

Correct! Good to see you back!

TALON- This year I have to pull for the P5 Gophers. It was my mistake that I thought that GSU could beat the gophers based on last years stats.

As I've said before I like Navy & Army because they have coaches that came from GSU and use the Spread Triple Option - NOT THE SHOTGUN OPTION as we do now.

Your HC, Staff and players have to be respected in the 3 year turnaround he has made. I love that kind of coaching.

Go beat Penn. St. and the other 3 opponents and everything else will take care of itself.

Oh, by the way GSU beat a Sun belt team last Saturday that was 0-7 by a score of 42 -7. AINT THAT GREAT?!:cry:

SAD!

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure the CFP committee assigns these bowl games.

Kinda. Three of the bowls are called "contract bowls", in that they have contractual agreements to take teams from specific conferences, if they aren't a CFP semi-final that season. For example, the Rose is contracted with the Big Ten and the PAC.

The other three bowls (Cotton, Fiesta, Peach) don't have any such contractual requirements.

But essentially, the idea of the NY6 is to rank the top 12 teams for those six bowl games. Most years there is one team outside the top 12 that gets in, usually the top ranked G5 champion. Although last year Texas played the Sugar Bowl in place of OU, since the Sooners made the CFP semi-final. However, Texas was ranked #9 going into the Big XII championship game against OU, which it lost and was then dropped down to #15. So that one is arguable.

Even if you lose to Penn. if its a close game and the Gophers win out then you should be invited to a good bowl!

Even if you lose to Penn. if its a close game and the Gophers win out then you should be invited to a good bowl!

We aren't playing Penn.

Penn is in the Ivy League, which plays in the FCS sub-division.

Top Bottom